Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I Reiterate, Congratulations Bioware

Narthil

The dev crew must be tired of all the whining from the players in this forum, so when they do something right, they deserve to be praised over and over.

Patch 1.4 from the underpowered classes perspective, is an absolute success.

I cannot speak for many others (altough all I have seen are positive posts), but I can speak for Sages.

Overall survivability increased.

Seers (healers) are finally up to par with the other classes because they can actually survive now.

Telekinetics tree is viable at last, they now have an extremely useful knockback and eventhough the overall damage is still lame, they now have possibly equal burst damage to other DPS classes for 10 seconds every 2 minutes (Mental Alacrity).

And eventhough the Balance tree didn't get any love and the slight damage buff they desperately need (which I am sure will be addressed in 1.5), the self heal and the faster force wave (which requires actual skill now that you have to aim it) just made it so that they can actually survive.

It's not easy to fulfill the demands of the player base and keep the game balanced at the same time. With this, you have achieved it.

Congratulations Bioware.

P.D: Some constructive criticism though which applys to all players, the resolve system is worse now. You can now stunlock even more. Please reverse to the previous resolve system. People have been complaning all the time about endless stun and now it's even worse. This is a change I do not comprehend.

Edited by Narthil

I played for 8 hours yesterday in regular and ranked warzones and nothing a Focus Knight did made me feel that they were overpowered. The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was when a Ranked Team ran 4 Focus specced Knights against us in NC and put a ton of burst AOE DPS on us. It obviously isn't a viable well balanced team so we're not worried about it in the long run, but it is definitely a new composition we need to develop a strat for fighting for mid on that particular map. Other than that, all specs that got buffed in the last patch performed fine and none of them seemed overpowered.

With the Focus/Rage of Knights/Warriors getting a totally unnecessary and very significant buff - nobody ever said they were underpowered... - I wouldn't say 1.4 is a good patch in terms of class balance.

Trust me the Juggs and Guardians are wondering about that (and complaining), Focus/Rage was NOT the tree that needed a buff and another tree that most agreed was not bad-off but was under-performing was given a nerf.

Funny thing is in the Community feedback thread, we asked for the opposite i.e Buff the Sub-par one.

[sarcasm]

Nice job listening to Community Feedback or giving Bioware the benifit of the doubt in there being actual reasons for such changes doing such a wonderful job conveying why they felt such changes necessary.

[/sarcasm]

Edited by Aresnar

Trust me the Juggs and Guardians are wondering about that (and complaining), Focus/Rage was NOT the tree that needed a buff and another tree that most agreed was not bad-off but was under-performing was given a nerf.

Funny thing is in the Community feedback thread, we asked for the opposite i.e Buff the Sub-par one.

[sarcasm]

Nice job listening to Community Feedback or giving Bioware the benifit of the doubt in there being actual reasons for such changes doing such a wonderful job conveying why they felt such changes necessary.

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, I think all of us were generally confused when we saw a buff to the Knight Focus tree on the PTS patch notes (including Knights and Warriors). Maybe a PvP Dev plays one and felt he needed a buff. I don't know.

Edited by DimeStax

Trust me the Juggs and Guardians are wondering about that (and complaining), Focus/Rage was NOT the tree that needed a buff and a tree that most agreed was not bad-off but was under-performing was given a nerf.

Funny thing is in the Community feedback one, we asked for the opposite i.e Buff the Sub-par one.

[sarcasm]

Nice job listening to Community Feedback or giving Bioware the benifit of the doubt in there being actual reasons for such changes doing such a wonderful job conveying why they felt such changes necessary.[/sarcasm]

As a vig guardian I've tried to figure out the reason why they buffed rage/focus and why I've been nerfed, I still don't understand at all... Not at all :(

So I don't know from the others point of view but from mine, I certainly wouldn't congratulate Bioware for this patch.

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

I'm one of those Guardians wondering and complaining ;)

I'd really love it if we could get an answer as to 1) why did they feel that Rage/Focus, one of the best performing DPS specs, needed a major buff, 2) why they felt that Gather Strength/Pooled Hatred was overpowered. A very situational talent in a tree that nobody ever complained about (well, nobody ever complained about it being OP, for sure). Utterly baffling.

Edited by Siorac

As a vig guardian I've tried to figure out the reason why they buffed rage/focus and why I've been nerfed, I still don't understand at all... Not at all :(

So I don't know from the others point of view but from mine, I certainly wouldn't congratulate Bioware for this patch.

Yeah, 31 point Vigilance was way worse than Focus for PvP but possibly better than Focus for PvE. Currently the only way to play Vigilance in PvP is in a hybrid Vigilance/Defense build in order to tank. The reason tanks love it so much is because Vigilance puts nearly all of it's defensive utility into 1 talent ability (Commanding Awe), so just by putting 2 points into Commanding Awe you get passive 4% damage reduction, 20% damage reduction with a heal every 45 seconds, and a shorter cooldown on Awe. Commanding Awe has what should be 3 separate talents all combined into 1 ability that only costs 2 points and is probably one of the most overpowered talent in the game. The only thing that balances it out is that it's high up in the tree and the rest of the tree is very sub-par.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.