To Sith in the Light

Bydandii

Okay, I'm probably looking ahead too far, but I'm looking for recommendations based on story.

I made several different character types and races to fiddle and learn with, but my Sith Warrior is the first to complete Chapter I and I'm headed to Taris. Fun story, and have enjoyed the feeling of darkness on my character.

She is of the Sith race, and (while I'm sure it has been done) I've developed an idea that I want to unlock that race and take the stereotypical Dark race down a Light a path. Knee-jerk choice of the dichotomy of being a Jedi, of course.

So help me anticipate by providing a recommendation... which class would best fit the struggles of a red skinned on Republic side, trying to find their way in the world?

(Oh, Keep in mind, I haven't played any Light classes past level... 10 maybe. If spoilers on are unavoidable for 'why' I get it, but trim them as you can, please.)

Edited by Bydandii

I thought about the same thing a while back, and went with Inquisitor since you're a slave thrown into the Academy after showing Force sensitivity. Plenty of space to play it however you want, especially since the background can mean you've seen the Sith code from the outside. Edited by Palar

I thought about the same thing a while back, and went with Inquisitor since you're a slave thrown into the Academy after showing Force sensitivity. Plenty of space to play it however you want, especially since the background can mean you've seen the Sith code from the outside.

I don't think the op means what you think the op means...

Honestly I don't think you could go wrong either way. With consular you have the whole Obi-Wan story. You make great

changes behind the screens, find yourself, explore the force, but you're never really at the forefront of things. I'd go with knight. You get the whole most promising padawan story and basically are the big strong hero type. Also, if you play male, you get to be voiced by Solid Snake, which is pretty ******.

I don't think the op means what you think the op means...

Honestly I don't think you could go wrong either way. With consular you have the whole Obi-Wan story. You make great

changes behind the screens, find yourself, explore the force, but you're never really at the forefront of things. I'd go with knight. You get the whole most promising padawan story and basically are the big strong hero type. Also, if you play male, you get to be voiced by Solid Snake, which is pretty ******.

Yes, that's it. I'm looking to play a good guy as a race equated to the dark side. Not sure what would be as compelling that way. Exploring the force/struggling light/dark could be fun on the consular side.

Though, the Knight angle sounds good for straight up, strength and would parellel the warrior experience (I'd imagine?)

edit: though I imagine it will all be within my head and not any in game dialogue that recognizes the race.

Edited by Bydandii

As far as the conflict aspect goes:

Knight: I've played a LS and a DS knight up through chapter oneish. I'll tell you this: you can pick the LS conversation choices with actual LS points that effect the story line, while picking some of the more stern conversation choices other times, and watch Solid Snake's voice acting come alive. This will also earn you quite a few points with Kira (if you're not too harsh and especially if you troll people) and Lord Scourge (as he's a Sith). So I think you could swing a good guy with a few aggressive ideations there...

Consular: My consular was strictly LS, all goodygoody. HOWEVER, I can tell you, that Qyzen Fess will be an awesome companion for you because: 1. He's a Trandoshian, and therefore loves to hunt. As a Sith playing a Jedi you could enjoy the thrill of the kill as it were without going all PETA on him and being, "Oh noooooo, don't kill the cute fluffy bunny/krayt dragon/whatever other challenge he dreams up for you." and 2. He has a sense of honor which you can learn from. He doesn't like killing helpless victims for one, but he does enjoy the more challenging hunts. Also, he believes in using your power to help people, but ONLY people that deserve it, ie people that try to help themselves but come up short because they just don't got what it takes as opposed to people who see a person with a lightsaber they can use and abuse because they won't even ask for payment. He's not a charity case, which fits a Sith playing a Jedi as you can be a well-meaning good guy, but with a stern hand and hard heart.

Edited by Burgdawg
Sorry about the repeat post:

One thing about Qyzen - he does not like mercy on evil opponents, so when you get a boss down and let him live (no spoilers), you'll lose points, but not that many, as far as I know. It offends his sense of honor when you defeat a foe and let him live (except for one) so you can either take the hit in affection, or bring another companion out for that conversation.