HK-51: How do you get him on hoth

MandalorianOsevn

I just visited the Torhead site and they had some leaked stuff up to patch 1.5. and in patch 1.3 the return of the HK-51 is a big part of that and that getting him as a companion will be possible. (this is leaked i dont know if it is true but its nice to have hope)

Can't trust towhead.com like 75% of the time

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I got Ashbringer.

Well, Corrupted Ashbringer, but nobody was asking for specifics.

HK-51 would be fun, and the voice would be amazing to hear while doing dailies, but I usually have either Jaesa or Pierce following (as a Marauder). Now, if they replaced the ship droid with HK-51, then I'd be interested. Gonna fire that dumb droid out my torpedo pod one of these days if he paints my quarters again.

I got Ashbringer.

Well, Corrupted Ashbringer, but nobody was asking for specifics.

HK-51 would be fun, and the voice would be amazing to hear while doing dailies, but I usually have either Jaesa or Pierce following (as a Marauder). Now, if they replaced the ship droid with HK-51, then I'd be interested. Gonna fire that dumb droid out my torpedo pod one of these days if he paints my quarters again.

Its same color, only fresher :(

We need the option to shoving a hydrospanner through that damn droid's vocabulator... and I don't care if it ruins his freakin' warranty! :p

I heard rumors of a voice restraining bolt or your droids through legacy....

• 5 weeks later...
How do you get the quest to to build HK-51? I was told part of it was beating foundry i beat foundry and malgus said he was "salavageable" and thats it no special HK parts dropped or anything(if there are any). Ifound the ship that contains him but theres a red barrier so i need a quest to get in. question what npc has the quest and where can i find him.

UPDATE BELOW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only a theory but with the evidence i have im pretty sure this how you get HK-51 the bad news is you have to be Level 50 to get him, let me break this down into something that makes sense and is understandable.

The Foundry: after being the foundry flashpoint and defeating HK-47 malgus claims to takes the remains to get HK-47 for himself because he can be "rebuilt" also take note that this flashpoint is empire and republic.

The Fatality Crash: this is gome to HK-51 in the codex it says the crash was full of HK-51 droids in the game when you visit theres a red barrier that blocks you from going in (because you dont have the quest) the quest exsist we dont know where.

The quest to get hk-51 involves you getting parts to build him so we need a piece to start out with right? there must be a quest to recieve his pieces so we can get the quest this quest is empire and republic as well

[spoiler ALERT BELOW]

This part IS theory but it makes sense. In the flashpoint "The False Emperor" the Republic and Sith must defeat Darth Malgus. in this flashpoint malgus rebuilt HK-47 again and like foundry you have to beat HK-47 after this final defeat its most likely you recieve his remains. This flashpoint is Level 50 for both the republic and sith.

My theory and conclusion

all these that i mentioned above make sense in the way they fit each other foundry led to hk remains being built by malgus only to have you fight him again at the level 50 flashpoint since malgus is gone and the most powerful hk assassin droid laying scrap who will take the reamins? you of course! you then go to hoth where you find someone or something who knows how they can use the "hk parts" this will then have you travel around hoth to get the final pieces to make the bonus companion.

ok let me be honest, your evidence... is an idiot.

he is not in the game yet as someone at bioware said he is "incomplete"

if the patch containing his release was openly leaked this soon bioware would probably postpone it just to punish us

read between the lines and have patience, bioware's censors are everywhere

ok let me be honest, your evidence... is an idiot.

he is not in the game yet as someone at bioware said he is "incomplete"

if the patch containing his release was openly leaked this soon bioware would probably postpone it just to punish us

read between the lines and have patience, bioware's censors are everywhere

Why did you necro a thread started four months ago that hasn't had a post in it for nearly a month? when we have had an official response for something like two months?

Greetings everyone!

According to our Developer Tracker on this topic:

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clarify: There is no quest for an HK companion currently in the game. I have seen people claiming sightings but these are incorrect. The information you're seeing is from data mining sites that deep dive into files that - as many of you correctly pointed out - are often shells for future work or parts of the game that were removed. Always read any of these with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Hope that helps!

Daniel Erickson

We are going to close this thread since it is based on the premise that this companion is available in-game and is no longer accurate.

Thank you!