More maintenance? I hope you fix things

Himeji_Endless

And why are you not doing it at your normal time (2a CDT) to inconvenience all the west coast, hawaii and australian players in prime time? See you can do it at 4am CDT instead of 2am CDT ... then why not push it back to 10am CDT so all the west coast and asia side players can enjoy their playtime w/o being impacted? BW, you guys must be the biggest laughing stock in the industry w/ constant fail patches and more downtime to fix the fail patches ... iRRC, this has been going on for a year now w/ no change in sight.

i would also put out the ****, we finally get a chance to have a go at the new operation because you didn't go back online till 1am then we get into primetime and maintenance again, if its so bad that you needed a second maintenance why the **** not doing it straight away instead of *********** us around gmt +10 up the arse again?

4am Central is west coast's prime time? That is 2am on the west coast. That's not prime time.

But yeah, 24 hours after 1.4 you knew they'd have to patch the poor patch they put out. But it won't fix the GTN because there are people who say 1.4 had nothing to do with the GTN issue. So patching 1.4 won't fix it since it was some grimlin in the server that caused it.

Those posters are basically saying Bioware needs to call the Ghostbusters to fix the GTN.

Edited by ShepardSpock

I'm happy for the servers to go down for 2 hours so Bioware can fix any issues that may not have been picked up on the PTS. Nothing is perfect and I think that Bioware is doing a fine job of keeping us in the loop. Sometimes things come up and they have to remedied ASAP, though.

Its 1045p in hawaii where i am and the servers are coming down soon. My one night off to play and im screwed again. What i meant about prime time is that normally the servers go down at 9pm in hawaii and that's prime time for me. Australia area players have it worse ... EVERY FRIKIN WEEK ... if you don't live in our area, you wouldn't understand :)

I am sure they have been sweating blood to fix the GTN. Just because we don't need to DL a patch does not mean this can't be a fix, especially if the bug is server-side. Personally, I am happy they are able to deploy a fix so soon. Now, I may be wrong, in which case I'll be disappointed. But given what we know must be their top priority, it seems likely to me that this maintenance is to address that.

Is anyone really unhappy with unscheduled maintenance if it means getting the GTN back?

I'm happy for the servers to go down for 2 hours so Bioware can fix any issues that may not have been picked up on the PTS. Nothing is perfect and I think that Bioware is doing a fine job of keeping us in the loop. Sometimes things come up and they have to remedied ASAP, though.

That is perfectly sound logic, except for one thing. BW always releases buggy patches and IF they only tested things and did a better job in the first place, we wouldn't have to have secondary downtimes to repatch their patch. This is what happens every single time there is a big patch. Can you imagine how many people would die if BW ran a hospital? Oh give them this drug .... oh wait, that one was bad ... give them this one ... ooops too late, your pateint has died! omg lol fail.

Its 1045p in hawaii where i am and the servers are coming down soon. My one night off to play and im screwed again. What i meant about prime time is that normally the servers go down at 9pm in hawaii and that's prime time for me. Australia area players have it worse ... EVERY FRIKIN WEEK ... if you don't live in our area, you wouldn't understand :)

I wasn't disputing the prime time for Hawaii or Aussies or add to it those in Japan. I was just saying it's not for the west coast as a correction to that only.

Everything else you posted, totally agree with you. :)

I am sure they have been sweating blood to fix the GTN. Just because we don't need to DL a patch does not mean this can't be a fix, especially if the bug is server-side. Personally, I am happy they are able to deploy a fix so soon. Now, I may be wrong, in which case I'll be disappointed. But given what we know must be their top priority, it seems likely to me that this maintenance is to address that.

Is anyone really unhappy with unscheduled maintenance if it means getting the GTN back?

There will be a patch to download.

I know they said it won't be one but I don't trust them anymore.

Edited by ShepardSpock

The maintenance would be not needed if they didnt break the GTN in the first place ya? haha

I'm surprised that BW didnt try to blame the broken GTN on the users computer and request all DX Diag and stuff over and over again :D

Its hard enough for people that play in these time time periods to find groups to do end game content with as it is, its impossible if you keep running maintenance during their play time. You may spend half your morning (if European) or late night (if US) looking for a group or Group finder to ping, making it much harder to pick up black hole comms or get the gear to experience the new end level content that requires this gear.

Bioware you have got to give people that don't play peek times some loving and a chance to gear up or not just add harder and harder 8 man content that they will never have a chance to see or be part of.

Mistakes happpen in coding especially when you have to go through several billion lines of code.....this is just a relatively quick fix for the market network

As for the timing...just glad they are getting it fixed so soon

Stuff happens...learn to live with it or spend your life being unhapppy

:D:D:D

I wasn't disputing the prime time for Hawaii or Aussies or add to it those in Japan. I was just saying it's not for the west coast as a correction to that only.

Everything else you posted, totally agree with you. :)

Sorry about that - as u can tell im super pissed off right now ... fail day today overall *sigh*

Lets just hope that most peoples problems get solved. Some sounded really bad. They have to take the servers down at some time. I ain't so irritated because I have noticed only minor bad performance (knocks on wood).

At least they are starting corrections soon, thumb up for that.