Apprentice?

Phoenix_Jedi

Let me say, for the most part I like all of the companions in the game so for. But, I'm a Jedi Master. What Jedi Master hasn't raised an apprentice from a young age? I think it would be so cool to get an event where you get a young apprentice. Even better would be to be able to design this apprentice after the event so it would almost be like your designed character.

well all 4 get a apprentance the sith althougth they do normally have adult acolytes but in some cases they have raised a young one.

but who knows maybe one day a new companion will be added it seems like we could do with training more.

i believe someone once posted an idea of getting a child now that would be awesome as each class could raise them as their own and teach them their profession.

Just wanted to clarify.

I was always under the impression that Kira was never the padawan of the JK. They were both paired up together by their real Masters and both eventually rise to the level of Jedi Knights.

I think the DS Jedi Knight 'treats' her like a padawan, but as far as the LS sarcastic Jedi Knight (the one I'm playing) treats her as an equal; like a partner.

The other force user classes do however get apprentices/padawans in the traditional sense.

Just wanted to clarify.

I was always under the impression that Kira was never the padawan of the JK. They were both paired up together by their real Masters and both eventually rise to the level of Jedi Knights.

I think the DS Jedi Knight 'treats' her like a padawan, but as far as the LS sarcastic Jedi Knight (the one I'm playing) treats her as an equal; like a partner.

The other force user classes do however get apprentices/padawans in the traditional sense.

she does call you master and u are a jedi before her, and i could be wrong but i think there may be one point where you tain her in a convo.

but a actual apprentice that you are assigned and not conveniently given would be nice.

she does call you master and u are a jedi before her, and i could be wrong but i think there may be one point where you tain her in a convo.

but a actual apprentice that you are assigned and not conveniently given would be nice.

Also,

after she reveals her Imperial heritage, the Jedi Council asks for your opinion - specifically saying, "We should ask Kira's master what she thinks." And I'm pretty sure when you reply you say that she's been a good padawan and student.

Every Force user gets an apprentice/padawan

Knight: Kira Carsen (She technically is your padawan, even after she becomes a full knight, kinda like how Baras is both a Darth and an Apprentice to Darth Vengean), and she is actually assigned to be your padawan after the events on Coruscant

Consular: Nadia Grell (Consular gets asked to take her as a padawan by her father after the events on Quesh)

Warrior: Jaesa Wilsaam (Fallen Jedi Turned Apprentice, not too sure about the LS version, tho i think shes still your apprentice, just with more Jedi-like qualities, like Ashara)

Inquisitor: Ashara Zhavros (Fallen Jedi turned your apprentice after the evens on Taris) / Xalek (Your proper apprentice, chosen through the Korriban trials)

Edited by Meepbot

Kira becomes your padawan when her master goes missing. You are charged with continuing her training, and she eventually becomes a Knight under your teaching.

So yes, the JK has a padawan. All four force classes get a padawan/apprentice.

When I first heard about the game, I was really hoping for like a custom padawan/apprentice type deal. EIther you create them through a character creator or you get to select from some preset choices. But I guess that was too big for an MMO. Still, I am happy with Kira.

Edited by Icebergy

When I first heard about the game, I was really hoping for like a custom padawan/apprentice type deal. --- you get to select from some preset choices.

For Sith Inquisitor, this is sort of what it looks like will happen - until Xalek reveals himself to be not only a bad acolyte (who fails his last trial), but a simple-minded brute who can only approach things with violence. Personally I wanted the option to kill him for his failiure and get a different apprentice - it seems like something they should have done with the Korriban academy, letting Harkun present you with a choice of apprentices, maybe between two male characters (one Light side, one Dark side) and a Dark side female character (since Ashara is already your female light side apprentice).