The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why did BW take down the 1.4 Patch Notes?

Silko

So I guess my question is going to be ignored. I have never seen a MMO that would remove patch notes the night before. For example SOE would have the patch notes for SWG up for some time before the patch came out and they would still be up the night before the patch. Also they would post the patch notes before they took down the servers even the patch only fixes one thing. I will restate my question again: Why would BW not have the patch notes for ANY patch available the night of the patch?

Are you being angry just to be angry?

I can't believe 1.4 is being released w/o things all being worked out - was it really ready? Does BW really care about their customer feedback? I dont think its ready at all ... and im guessing its guaranteed to be super buggy as usual. *sigh* more downtime and more lost subs.

I want to agree with you so much but we'll see after 1.4 comes out. :(

I can't believe 1.4 is being released w/o things all being worked out - was it really ready? Does BW really care about their customer feedback? I dont think its ready at all ... and im guessing its guaranteed to be super buggy as usual. *sigh* more downtime and more lost subs.

posts like this is the reason it seems that no matter what BW does in someone's eyes, they cant get it right. If you were to take a look around the forums, you would have noticed posts like this one where players were crying to have TFB come out and would have cried even more if it wasn't out by the start of next month.

I want to agree with you so much but we'll see after 1.4 comes out. :(

You guys are never happy if they had waited you would have flamed how they dont fix stuff and slow release pattern,now that they give what poeple hoped for more or less now you starting flaming how they released it to fast.

You poeple need to start knowing what you really want ....

You guys are never happy if they had waited you would have flamed how they dont fix stuff and slow release pattern,now that they give what poeple hoped for more or less now you starting flaming how they released it to fast.

You poeple need to start knowing what you really want ....

I do know what I want. My post was nothing but pure speculation, to be honest. :p

The same reason they would take the servers down in the prime playing time of their customers.

That depends on where you live. In the US, the servers come down in the middle of the night/very early morning. Hardly prime playing time.

Also, it makes sense from a dev standpoint, as it gives them a full workday (Austin, TX time) to monitor feedback from the players.

So I have just spent the past several minutes looking for the 1.4 Patch Notes. I have checked the front page, general discussion and the PTS forums and have been unable to find them. So now my question is: what have you sneaked into the patch that you do not wish people to see. This is the only MMO I have ever played where we where not given patch notes before a patch. Look at our pass patches such as 1.3.8, 1.3.7 and e.t.c. Not a single patch note was posted BEFORE the servers where taken down for the patch. In the past they have left the big patches such as 1.1 and 1.2, so why the sudden change BW?

If you want to read patch notes so bad, you might try starting up your game launcher, it always has the patch notes in there when a patch is applied.