Will we be able to purchase Cartel Coins with in game credits?

ZORG

I'd say no, you won't be able to do that directly. You can however (probably) buy them from other players for credits whom purchased the item with cartel coins (for a ridiculous amount of course, that's how it works).

Ide rather see items purchased with cartel coins bind to legacy on pickup.

Perhaps an exchange market area of the GTN would allow the selling of cartel coins themselves but to only subbers not FTPrs. A system that automaticly watches market trends and sets High and Low thresholds so theres no goudging.

Just at the title says:

Will we be able to purchase Cartel Coins with in game credits?

There are games out now with exchanges of earned in game money being used to purchace Gameshop currency to buy the cash shop items. Will it be possible to never ever use real cash to get cash shop items?

I am a Subber and I craft If I use the GTN to get credits I think I should be able to purchase cartel coins with in game credits to use if I choose too.

Bioware would be bat-**** crazy to implement this. The point of the cash shop is to bring in alternative revenue. Revenue as in "moolah that pays for my employee's childrens food".

Why should the undercut their own model? If any, they could open a player-to-ülayer market for Cartel coins. That would enable you to deliver your hard earned/grinded game credits to some guy who'd rather pay 5 bucks for another 10 Millions than grind them himself. This way, Bioware could enter the credits-for-cash market without entering the credits for cash market. Others, like EVE online or STO, have implemented similar models (though the EVE guys managed to shoot themselves in the foot in the process, accounting wise.)

• 2 months later...

Why not buy cartel stuff off GTN for ingame credits? :) I mean.. wasn't that the big idea?

You want a cartel pack, someone else wants credits. He buys it and trades to you. It's pretty much what you want, but with third party help. Gives ability for more wealthy players to start their own in-game business.

Why not buy cartel stuff off GTN for ingame credits? :) I mean.. wasn't that the big idea?

You want a cartel pack, someone else wants credits. He buys it and trades to you. It's pretty much what you want, but with third party help. Gives ability for more wealthy players to start their own in-game business.

Because most of the stuff on the GTN is priced way higher than what a F2P or a Preferred person can pay given their credit cap. So grinding for CC gives them other options.

Because most of the stuff on the GTN is priced way higher than what a F2P or a Preferred person can pay given their credit cap. So grinding for CC gives them other options.

But grinding for CC would kill their cash grab on cartel market items. Why pay for a gambling box when you can grind a bit in the game? And since, judging by 1.6, this will make up the bulk of each patch (cartel items: outfits, new gambling boxes, etc), there's no way they would put a system in place to grind for CC, or buy CC with in game credits.

Lol. Did you forget the EA logo at the bottom? :rak_02: