The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New guy needs some melee help

Sicari_Jonathan

HI!

U can target with mouse, but there is many things u can dedicate different buttons on your keybord to. For instance all your spells, "next target, kan have different buttons, smash (when u get it) can be for instanceT on your keybord or whatever. In the game menu u do it under preferences, try check youtube videos for keybinding and read guides.

Hope u enjoy the game

Kraroc

Tab is your regular targetting, but its irritating and has a "range" to it, there also is a feature in your preferences to change things so that tab targets the closest thing to the center of your visual area vs. "next target" ... sometimes it might work for certain playstyles.

Tab is your regular targetting, but its irritating and has a "range" to it, there also is a feature in your preferences to change things so that tab targets the closest thing to the center of your visual area vs. "next target" ... sometimes it might work for certain playstyles.

I have this option enabled. it was clunky at first but I like it now, because I control what it targets. hold down right mouse button and turn while you tab. works like a charm.

Gratz on your choice OP. my favorite class still to date. it also helps me to keep the targets health bar and picture in a visible place (mines right down next to my hotkey bars). that way as I tab through, especially in a crazy busy environment. I can see which one i have targeted there. sometimes in FP's or Op's, the air and ground is so lit up with crazy force stuff i can't even see my target reticule on my target! so being able to visually look and see, "oh OK. I am on the silver mob now." really helps.

You can adjust the location of this (and most other elements) through the Interface Editor on your options menu. you can also adjust the size as well. not sure if your a semi-blind old guy like me, but it helps me a ton!