Best Watchman Spec Relics?

Kemra

I'm a cookie cutter watchman spec, so far I've found heaps of info on gear, rotations, etc and think I'm doing ok. But the one thing where all the info seems outdated or incomplete is what relics are best for a watchman sentinel? Atm I'm using a Rakata power clicky and a matrix cube, I have enough comms to get campaign relics but thought I'd ask here first which ones are best in slot. :)

In that case a Campaign Relic of Dark Radiance (Internal damage proc) and either a Matrix Cube (it's really pretty good, just not as good as the WH Boundless Ages) or an on click Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages would be your best bet. basically it comes down to whether or not you feel like clicking on something every two minutes or not.

I use the matrix cube for PVE just to get my str and crit up more. So depending on your gear, stats, etc., you cannot go wrong with the dual WH power relics in PVP or PVE.

Here are some number crunches I did about a month ago for my guild because I too had the same question.

First, here is my spec at the time of the test (I may have changed a few points around since this test):

Watchman

Stats and results (Each test was 5 minutes and best 1 out of 3 for each test):

1 WH relic, 1 Matrix cube , Exotech Might Stim:

STR: 2151

DMG Primary: 979-1141

DMG secondary: 202-303

Bonus DMG: 655.1 (842 power)

Accuracy: 102.89% (285)

Crit Chance: 35.37% (307)

Crit Multipier/Surge: 75.82% (285)

Total DMG dealt: 511,112 ( DPS 1,676.8 )

Total Healing done: 85,797 (HPS 281.5)

2 WH relics, Exotech Might Stim:

STR: 2063

DMG Primary: 992-1154

DMG secondary: 202-303

Bonus DMG: 668.3 (921 power)

Accuracy: 102.89% (285)

Crit Chance: 33.55% (280)

Crit Multipier/Surge: 75.82% (285)

Total DMG dealt 491,832 ( DPS 1,614.2 )

Total Healing done 83,285 (HPS 273.3)

The last relic combo I tried was with the DMG proc. Those three tests resulted in lower numbers than the above tests, so I won't bother posting those results. And for those that are curious the DMG proc relic averaged 6k dmg over all three tests.

I also, for <censored> and giggles, tried out a PVE healing relic. Yes, burn heals proc this relic. No it did not add very much to overall healing. If the affect was not limited to every 20 seconds (iirc), it might be worth it in some situations.

Edited by ebmccown

I also, for <censored> and giggles, tried out a PVE healing relic. Yes, burn heals proc this relic. No it did not add very much to overall healing. If the affect was not limited to every 20 seconds (iirc), it might be worth it in some situations.

I haven't tried it yet, but since "burning" is elemental damage, would the elemental damage on proc relic benefit from the other talents (including self-healing)? Doubt it would add a lot of damage/healing--I'm just curious. :p

I haven't tried it yet, but since "burning" is elemental damage, would the elemental damage on proc relic benefit from the other talents (including self-healing)? Doubt it would add a lot of damage/healing--I'm just curious. :p

I haven't done any tests to see if skill points or abilities like Inspiration allow the relics to do more damage or healing. I imagine they do. I know that Inspiration increases my burn heals and I know that the relics will trigger off ANY type/source of damage/healing expect the proc itself. Common sense tells me that abilities or skill points worded like "elemental damage does X amount more damage," or "inceases all healing done for X duration," etc., etc., will benefit relics.

IMO the only way the damage proc would be more viable is if they removed the shared cooldown with other procs, lower the cooldown, or changed proc rate %.

The last relic combo I tried was with the DMG proc. Those three tests resulted in lower numbers than the above tests, so I won't bother posting those results. And for those that are curious the DMG proc relic averaged 6k dmg over all three tests.

Thanks for this comparison! If this is not overly embarassing ;) , could you post numbers for Cube + Internal on procc relics combo, if you have them? This is the setup I work with as no PvPer and am looking for something to relate my position to.

I was also wondering if healing relic proccs on burn heals, without time limit this would be fun to have.

I tested the healing off proc relics a while back, used strike on a dummy till I got a proc crit and there didn't seem to be any healing received at the time. Not sure if this could have changed but that's what my test turned up.

I run a matrix cube and power activation relic as I don't really struggle for dps in any content I've run and that damage boost can be useful in fights that require burst damage such as kephess/soa

Thanks for this comparison! If this is not overly embarassing ;) , could you post numbers for Cube + Internal on procc relics combo, if you have them? This is the setup I work with as no PvPer and am looking for something to relate my position to.

I'm not sure if I have those logs anymore but I'll look and post if I do. It was just below the 2 WH relics numbers IIRC. Something like 485,000 dmg and 1,580 dps if I recall. I should do these tests again since I changed my spec slightly and have newer gear. I'll get back to you. :D

Or, you can do these tests yourselves with this: MOX Parser. Download the Desktop parser. Pretty easy setup, very simple layout.

I was also wondering if healing relic proccs on burn heals, without time limit this would be fun to have.

Yes the relic does. Yes removing the time limit, or even lowering it, would be insanely over powered.