Looking Beyond 1.4 for Mercs/Commandos

umamma

1.4 will give us DPS mercs some help in burning down healers (Interrupt), but for the most BW gave us the smug kick to the groin again. 'Sweltering Heat' nerf for pyro merc is big. It's already incredibly difficult to keep any melee off us, and I cant for the life of me see how the change to 'Rocket Punch' will make things better for Arsenal. But that's another discussion.

Ability Change:

Cure

Instant

Heat: 8

Cooldown: 4.5s

Range: 30 m

Cleanses a friendly target of up to 2 negative tech or physical effects.

Comments:

For the love of all that's holy let this ignore the global cool down. Simple change that will help our survivability greatly. Not an over buff imo. No conflict with PT's or Troopers. Please consider adding this. Even if the cooldown needs to be longer.

New Ability:

*Smoke Screen

Instant

Heat: 25?

Cooldown: 90s

Range: n/a

*Engulfs the player in a smoke screen making them harder to target. Decrease the Accuracy of all targets by 50% for 4s. In addition the caster becomes immune to pulls, and leaps for the duration of the effect.

Comments:

I do like the Jet Pack 'Disengage' idea, but sadly I cant see how you apply it to commandos. This above solution is doable for both BHs, and Troopers. Rather than getting distance your just making your self much harder to hit for a short period of time. I would liken this to undying rage, but not nearly as powerful (we are ranged)

Given that melee can jump to us, and snipers/smugs have better cc than we do I don't see this as being OP. The problem would be how to distribute it? Would it be OP for Bodyguard? Should the DPS trees enhance the ability while Bodyguard gets a basic version? Other than this single issue it works well imo. This is a believable BH/Trooper ability that works for both class's, and gives us what we desperately need survivability!

I was just thinking this could be 4s of jump/pull immunity for us as well? Would that be OP? It's logical if the target is hard to see you cant jump to or pull it. Its not permanent like snipers or smugglers in cover, so they are still unique in that regard. Just a thought. I do think this type of ability would help Merc/Commando, and it works for both class's.

Commandos, could have a smoke grenade animation, and we could blow smoke out of our JP or use a grenade animation as well.

Edited by umamma

Comments: I do like the Jet Pack 'Disengage' idea, but sadly I cant see how you apply it to commandos.

Commando = concussion grenade (like the one in the cinematic), Mercenary = rocket pack

I've never understood the in-game Concussion Charge ability, anyway; it completely violates Newton's third law of motion, unlike the grenade used in the cinematic. Commandos should have the charges built into their belts or something, so the force is spread around them evenly.

...Okay, that's a pretty minor concern, but it still bugs me.

Not that the smoke screen thing is a bad idea.

AND YES PLEASE FOR CLEANSING OFF THE GCD

Edited by Chaoskyx

Commando = concussion grenade (like the one in the cinematic), Mercenary = rocket pack

I've never understood the in-game Concussion Charge ability, anyway; it completely violates Newton's third law of motion, unlike the grenade used in the cinematic. Commandos should have the charges built into their belts or something, so the force is spread around them evenly.

...Okay, that's a pretty minor concern, but it still bugs me.

So Commandos would have a knock back, and Mercs would have a jump back?

That grenade is already pretty much exactly the knockback commandos have right now, with the grenade i mean.

No, if mercs get a jump then troopers need one aswell. Fair is fair

The devs could just remove the grenade from the animation for the current Concussion Charge ability, and then make the current Concussion Charge animation that of the jump back.

It would make the animations at least somewhat distinct, and would shut me up about how the knock back violates a prominent physical law with its current animation..

Edited by Chaoskyx