LucasArts need to go back to their roots

LeeC

And remake Xwing vs TIE Fighter. Seriously games have come a long way and the way internet gaming is with mock modern battles and clans with CoD and BF series, why is this not a reality? A Battlefront game would be cool but I would rather it just focus on space combat during the rebellion era.

I think alot of games need to go back to their roots, but yes LA needs to go back to the time when their games were rated game of the year.

Think about it. Battlefront was the best selling Star Wars game of it's time. The KOTOR series games were game of the year. I still love the SW games coming out now, but they aren't the same. I would love a Battlefront 3, but it's not going to happen.

I wish I could play my old X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter games again....but alas my laptop and home computer and just too advanced and won't play these old games.....

I'd buy those games again if a special aniversary pack came out with updated graphics though! And more ships and stations added for the battles we could create!

i'm sure i read somewhere one of the architect's of X-wing and tie-fighter games is planning on releasing space sim battle game like tie-fighter and x-wing, but hes not a part of LA anymore so its not going to be a star wars game

(i might have even got the link and read about it on these forums, but don't quote me on that:P)

I dunno, I feel as if they do remake X-wing vs TIE fighter it won't be the same. Unless of course, they actually go and copy it completely the only differences being some more options, updated graphics, perhaps a storyline along with the missions for each side then it could be good. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

And remake Xwing vs TIE Fighter. Seriously games have come a long way and the way internet gaming is with mock modern battles and clans with CoD and BF series, why is this not a reality? A Battlefront game would be cool but I would rather it just focus on space combat during the rebellion era.

And yet again no one mentions the Jedi Knight games. Hell, the original Dark Forces was the eleventh most highly sold game of the 90s, and the graphics on that literally looked like crap. It's still considered a PS1 classic, even though compared to today's technology it's almost unplayable.

Space combat wouldn't work, it would just be an X-Wing game remake. That wouldn't sell nearly as well as a Battlefront game with, say, battles from the EU stories?

Which would probably never happen but hey, a man can dream.