Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

This just really shows that it is all about the money. If your allowing transfers anywhere why not let us trial our super server?

You really need to get out of the time warp and move forward ChuangTzu. They told you months ago they were not giving you a local super server. You are getting free transfers.. to a non-APAC Server of your choice. That has been the plan of record from months now (except now it's any target server, not just a west coast server).

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... I hope for your sake you are wearing a fire proof suit. :p

Besides... they open it on June 4. That is not your deadline to move you know. ;)

Help! Please, someone help me, I'm having a heart attack! I agree with Andryah on something :eek:;)

Shioji- you do realize you're going to burned as a witch now, right? :D

Help! Please, someone help me, I'm having a heart attack! I agree with Andryah on something :eek:;)

Shioji- you do realize you're going to burned as a witch now, right? :D

You AGREE with Andrea? You poor bastage.. you are DOOMED!!!!!!

And Shioji you are being hunted at this moment.. I have the Tar, someone else has the feathers...... pitchforks on their way... :rak_04:

You really need to get out of the time warp and move forward ChuangTzu. They told you months ago they were not giving you a local super server. You are getting free transfers.. to a non-APAC Server of your choice. That has been the plan of record from months now.

You need to get out of this thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with you. Your not being forced to transfer to a server where your ping is going to increase 1000%. There are many people who agree with me but just because it is happening does not mean we have to like it. So take ur 'I love Bioware, they can do no wrong' message elsewhere.

You need to get out of this thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

I can enter and comment in any thread in the forum, as can you.

There are many people who agree with me but just because it is happening does not mean we have to like it.

And your point is?

So take ur 'I love Bioware, they can do no wrong' message elsewhere.

I don't love them, nor do I hate them. But again... what is your point? That I am not allowed to disagree with you? Right.... add that to the list of reality checks that you would benefit from IMO.

And your point is?

I don't love them, nor do I hate them. But again... what is your point? That I am not allowed to disagree with you? Right.... add that to the list of reality checks that you would benefit from IMO.

The fact that you can't understand my point just proves my point.

This thread is not about you.

Go start your own thread if you got a thorn in your toe... leave the APAC thread alone. They have been wanting remedy for a long time now (even if they don't all agree on which remedy).

Just sayin' :rak_03:

The fact that you can't understand my point just proves my point.

So.. your choice is transfer, or leave the game. Yeah, you don't like it. But those are your choices.

So.. which way you going to go? Because their is no prize behind door #3... because there is no door #3.

Edited by Andryah

So.. your choice is transfer, or leave the game. Yeah, you don't like it. But those are your choices.

So.. which way you going to go? Because their is no prize behind door #3... because there is no door #3.

Pathetic! Retreating to that aurgument is poor and blatantly obvious and once again highlights why you should not be a part of this discussion.

Pathetic! Retreating to that aurgument is poor and blatantly obvious and once again highlights why you should not be a part of this discussion.

1) pragmatism is not pathetic... it's being pragmatic...realistic.... making a choice within the limits of choices offered.

2) You did not answer the question. Is there a reason you do not want to anser the question? I'm sure some of your peers that "feel the same way you do" would be interested to know. I certainy am interested in knowing... or I would not have asked the question.

Edited by Andryah

1) pragmatism is not pathetic... it's being pragmatic...realistic.... making a choice within the limits of choices offered.

2) You did not answer the question. Is there a reason you do not want to anser the question? I'm sure some of your peers that "feel the same way you do" would be interested to know. I certainy am interested in knowing... or I would not have asked the question.

1. Pathetic was a reference to you to having to hide behind 'pragmatism' when ur other arguments failed.

2. If you actually took the time to read the thread properly instead of just trolling it with ur pro BW spiel then you would already know the answer to the question.

1. Pathetic was a reference to you to having to hide behind 'pragmatism' when ur other arguments failed.

Your mistake is in accusing me of presenting arguments. I'm not arguing with you. I'm pointing out facts that are public record. Facts you do not like and you continue to pretend you have an option 3. Which is your choice if that is what you want to do. But the only person arguing here is you, and you are doing so from a false premise.

Edited by Andryah

Your mistake is in accusing me of presenting arguments. I'm not arguing with you. I'm pointing out facts that are public record. Facts you do not like and you continue to pretend you have an option 3. Which is your choice if that is what you want to do. But the only person arguing here is you, and you are doing so from a false premise.

Still have your head in the sand. You clearly have not read my previous post as you know what option I am taking. You're just making me laugh now.

Edited by ChuangTzu

Thanks for the update eric, though I'm sure all of us will appreciate more information with regards to Names/Guilds/Legacy before the free transfer option starts.

With the free character servers and mergers on the horizon, I'm sure your team should have answers to most if not all of the below questions locked down by now.

Just to add a few questions to some of the questions asked:

• How will names/guilds/legacies be affected if we transfer using the one-time free transfer, and how will it work if we wait for the actual merger?
  • How will it affect people with legacies on both servers and those without (I have legacies on both servers and have a one or two legacy perks seperately unlocked on both servers)
  • What if players have more characters than character slots on the destination server? Will those characters be transferred properly if we wait for mergers? I'm sure there are people who have maxed out characters on the APAC servers and tested out toons in the NA servers when news of the merger hit.

Thank you for the update Eric =)

I've slowly been following this thread and relaying information back to guildies who do not visit the forum however the lack of information on the transfers seems to be making a few nervous about what to expect and how they will work.

Will we be able to get a separate thread with information answering player questions before the free transfers/merge start Eric or will we be moving over blind, finding out that using the Free Transfer Option didn't move over the guild with my GM character and loosing all the resources/credits/tabs that we have invested in?

I have a few questions, if you could take the time to find and give the answers I'd be very thankful.

- Will players that transfer/merge will keep their character name if the character on the server they are being moved to is inactive. EG: a low level alt that hasn't been played in months, someone that has quit the game and hasn't returned in so many long months and so on.

- If a player that is the GM of a guild decides to use the Free Transfer before the actual merge, does the Guild and the Guild Bank move with them? Or does the GM of a guild have to wait for the merge to keep their Guild and Guild Bank?

- Do people stay in the guild when moved with the Transfer or with the Merge?

- Are servers, mainly the Harbinger, capable of taking on the influx of people. I ask this due to the talk of it being the most unstable server.

- If you decide to transfer your characters half to one server and half to another server (half to a pvp server and half to a pve server for example) do they keep their legacy level/unlocks/reputation on both servers or do they only get to keep their legacy on one of the servers they choose?

Thanks for your time.

Is there a general consensus as to where most APAC are planning to move to?

From this thread I would say most are going to Harbinger; at least most guilds are anyway.

I'll be moving my main to Harbinger with the rest of Corvus. As for my alts, I haven't really decided. I find the East Coast servers to be more stable, in ping at least, than Harbinger.

From this thread I would say most are going to Harbinger; at least most guilds are anyway.

I'll be moving my main to Harbinger with the rest of Corvus. As for my alts, I haven't really decided. I find the East Coast servers to be more stable, in ping at least, than Harbinger.

Thanks KippleMaster, I just tested West vs. East from where I am in Sydney and the West Coast servers give me an extra bar improvement in latency.

Thanks KippleMaster, I just tested West vs. East from where I am in Sydney and the West Coast servers give me an extra bar improvement in latency.

It's the same for me up in Newcastle. All our overseas traffic goes through Sydney anyway.

But I find the ping on Harbinger fluctuates quite a bit, between 180-350 last time I checked, while Jedi Covenant is very stable sitting around 330-350.

Myself and another member of our guild will be trying out a proxy service to see if it can help stabilise and lower the ping to Harbinger.

If you can average 250ms or less to the US you are doing well.

Gone are the days of the 30ms ping, I still propose 2053 for APAC shutdown :rolleyes:

I get 185 MS from Sydney to Bastion .

I also use a tunnel to stabilize the ping which helps alot.