Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

As a non Oceanic player, I am dying for you guys to be merged into the US servers, we need a population boost and I would love to have you on my server if that was a good solution. Sorry for all the trouble you all have gone through, I support you in whatever the outcome you need.

I'd rather play on the oceanic servers, 20ms to 170-300ms.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you think I haven't? I'd rather live with a small population then give up good ping in an mmo which is fairly rare for Australians.

Didn't say anything about you, just expressing my opinion that ping doesn't matter for me.

You get carried through ops?

Not sure what you are implying?

We clear everything just fine with stable 150 - 170ms pings ...Sometimes in peak hours (like 10am Sydney time), the servers can chugg a little (250ms ping) BUT its not as big a deal that people make it out to be.

The more i think about it, the less likely i think a super APAC server is going to happen. Not that id play on it even if it was created .... i just want the option to xfer my toons off MDN.

Not sure what you are implying?

We clear everything just fine with stable 150 - 170ms pings ...Sometimes in peak hours (like 10am Sydney time), the servers can chugg a little (250ms ping) BUT its not as big a deal that people make it out to be.

Eh wish i was in your guild then. I'm lucky to find a guild clearing old content on 30ms without random d/c and lag spikes.

You got two choices Bioware, Merge us into one server or merge us back to the US then close this thread. You customer support is terrible for a company in the 21st Century. We have never asked for a bloody miracle, just some sort of co-operation. And for those that said time was needed to make a decision, this was first requested in August. Bioware has had time, but like everything else, they have failed miserably to support the APAC. Like Cheezfriend, I’m out.

Thanks Joveth for trying, but the time has come to move on. I’ll still raid with my guild for now, but my interest in SW:tor is gone.

Edited by Spinikar

Come on, now Bioware; don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. No, nothing is going to please everyone. But at the moment, you aren't pleasing anyone.

If you're waiting till the hypothetical 12 month lease is up on the APAC servers before you implement whatever you are going to implement, tell us, so at least we have a time-frame for change; don't leave us hanging.

And if not, well, doing nothing is not really working. Whatever you do will result in nhowls of protest from someone. Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.

And you think I haven't? I'd rather live with a small population then give up good ping in an mmo which is fairly rare for Australians.

Not trying to be negative or rain on your parade...but Australia is the only place with the great ping. In New Zealand about the best I'll get is 90. It can vary all the way up to 200. From what I hear, it's even worse for Asian markets. I'm all for a server merge but when talking about ping it's good to keep in mind that only Australians are really getting the great ping...might help explain why some people are more keen to leave the servers given a choice.

Come on, now Bioware; don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. No, nothing is going to please everyone. But at the moment, you aren't pleasing anyone.

If you're waiting till the hypothetical 12 month lease is up on the APAC servers before you implement whatever you are going to implement, tell us, so at least we have a time-frame for change; don't leave us hanging.

And if not, well, doing nothing is not really working. Whatever you do will result in nhowls of protest from someone. Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.

LOL, you tell that theres no pleasing everyone, then end with that line?

Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.

wow, just wow. :rolleyes:

Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.

I can't see what the problem is . . . am I misreading something? Or Did you?

Not trying to be negative or rain on your parade...but Australia is the only place with the great ping. In New Zealand about the best I'll get is 90. It can vary all the way up to 200. From what I hear, it's even worse for Asian markets.

90 ms is probably the best i have heard from anyone playing an MMO from NZ. We have alot of Asians in my guild and they do have connection problems at times but most of them seem quite happy. My GM is actually in Japan so he is kinda screwed no matter where they put the servers :p Unless they do what WoW has done and open one in China or Taiwan or something.

90 ms is probably the best i have heard from anyone playing an MMO from NZ. We have alot of Asians in my guild and they do have connection problems at times but most of them seem quite happy. My GM is actually in Japan so he is kinda screwed no matter where they put the servers :p Unless they do what WoW has done and open one in China or Taiwan or something.

id totally play on a Chinese server.

Sorry; I don't understand your problem.

A good solution is not a perfect solution.

BUT

A perfect solution does not exist. If BW is waiting for one to magically appear, they are delaying for no reason, and it'd be better for them to face the unpleasant reality that whatever they do is going to upset someone.

A good solution is still going to be better than what we currently have even though inevitably some people will be upset.

So, what's your beef?

Edited by vian

Meh... Downloaded TERA the other day and back into GW2.

Both games not trying desperately to skim more money out of you.

Had a ban (justified) here after telling Bioware what I thought of their effort in resolving this issue and the ridiculousness of issuing a warning about creating multiple threads.

Apparently having this thread about APAC and another thread about how it's been 153 days without resolving or even updating a section of the community isn't allowed by Bioware.

However 6 threads about repairs is.... And you can have 20 threads about hood toggle..... Or numerous threads about Revans robes clipping....

But not 2 about APAC... Only 1 allowed.... Perhaps Bioware should use the same train of thought with the servers like we've been asking for...

FOR 153 DAYS

They are probably just trying to work out the logistics of trying to merge a pvp, rp and pve server into one :p The worlds first PVP-RP-PVE superserver.

Oh really? Does it really take a team of developers in whats supposedly one of the biggest gaming companies in the world this long to work out what they want to do?

I think they know exactly what they can and cant do, they also know that either option (merge/xfer) will cause people to rage quit.

So rather then making a decision and just dealing with the flak they are putting their heads in the sand and are losing people from both camps.

They are probably just trying to work out the logistics of trying to merge a pvp, rp and pve server into one :p The worlds first PVP-RP-PVE superserver.

Lol I'm with you man, they need time to get it together.

I'm getting an app made at the moment and the time it takes to make changes, test for bugs, fix the bugs, test for more bugs... That's about 2 weeks for a small iPhone app. Everyone is just impatient.

I've also noticed that it doesn't matter what happens the people on this thread just want to fight... First it was ************ about bioware not doing anything, then they replied asking for suggestions so everyone just started fighting with each other. Then you didn't hear from bioware for 1 week so you started talking crap about bioware again. Then they replied saying they are gonna do something about it. Then you started fighting with each other again. AND NOW we are back to ************ about bioware and fighting with each other!

Lol I'm with you man, they need time to get it together.

I'm getting an app made at the moment and the time it takes to make changes, test for bugs, fix the bugs, test for more bugs... That's about 2 weeks for a small iPhone app. Everyone is just impatient.

I've also noticed that it doesn't matter what happens the people on this thread just want to fight... First it was ************ about bioware not doing anything, then they replied asking for suggestions so everyone just started fighting with each other. Then you didn't hear from bioware for 1 week so you started talking crap about bioware again. Then they replied saying they are gonna do something about it. Then you started fighting with each other again. AND NOW we are back to ************ about bioware and fighting with each other!

Obiray this isnt a matter of "implementing the technology". Server transfers were implemented to get us over from the US servers originally, the tech is there. This goes for server mergers as we have seen US servers merged.

If they wanted to they could make an announcement and merge us next tuesday during maintenance. They could just as easily open up transfers.

Obiray this isnt a matter of "implementing the technology". Server transfers were implemented to get us over from the US servers originally, the tech is there. This goes for server mergers as we have seen US servers merged.

Yea man but they merged servers of the same game type there not a cluster or different ones. They have to worry about treading on players toes on this one. They could end up losing more money than it's worth.

Edited by Amlici