1.3 PVP/PVE Combat Medic Guide

SPrime

Interesting

I have everything maxed out except the belt and bracers, yet your stats are by far superior than mine.

Mind showing some screenshots with no buffs, no stims, and no buff from NMP? I'm curious as how you achieve such high stats with only 3% surge and 70 power trade off.

That way I may improve my armor mods, perhaps

Sorry the numbers are as I recall. I will post accurate numbers when I log in tonight. Also numbers are with buff. Gotta minus 5% I believe.

Here are the actually numbers completely unbuffed

2047 AIM

1783 End -> 20500 HP

855 Power

34% Crit

75% Surge

17.9% Alacrity

Edited by SPrime
Added stats

On my Black Hole/Rakata-geared CM, Aim is worth only 74.32% of the value I derive from Power, and that's *all* Power augments. If I were augmenting for Aim, the relative value of power would be substantially higher (since part of Aim's value is subject to DR).

I'm also a combat medic, and initially I assumed AIM was superior to POWER until I found out that the critical points I received from aim were subject to the same exact diminishing returns curve (approaching 30%) that my crit-rating from gear was subject to. So I've been using power mods exclusively. However, I have recently learned that the critical points received from our main stat might actually be on their own diminishing returns curve, seperate from our 'crit-rating' curve. If this is the case, then primary stat augments will be superior.

What I would like is a difinitive answer about this: Is AIM-crit on its own DR curve? Or is AIM-crit added to rating-crit, with their SUM being subject to one DR curve?

Also, to the original poster, who seems to love alacrity: I abandoned alot of alacrity after the 1.2 ammo nerf. I felt that I needed bigger heals rather than faster heals, the one thing that does intrigue me, however, is when you intimate that the 1.5 second down time from hammershotting is no problem for you due to your high alacrity. Am I to assume that if you set your alacrity high enough, it will result in a noticable reduction in global cooldown??? (This is something I've wondered about for a long time).

Thanks ahead of time for any insights you can divulge.

Edited by Mechrophilia

I'm also a combat medic, and initially I assumed AIM was superior to POWER until I found out that the critical points I received from aim were subject to the same exact diminishing returns curve (approaching 30%) that my crit-rating from gear was subject to. So I've been using power mods exclusively. However, I have recently learned that the critical points received from our main stat might actually be on their own diminishing returns curve, seperate from our 'crit-rating' curve. If this is the case, then primary stat augments will be superior.

What I would like is a difinitive answer about this: Is AIM-crit on its own DR curve? Or is AIM-crit added to rating-crit, with their SUM being subject to one DR curve?

Also, to the original poster, who seems to love alacrity: I abandoned alot of alacrity after the 1.2 ammo nerf. I felt that I needed bigger heals rather than faster heals, the one thing that does intrigue me, however, is when you intimate that the 1.5 second down time from hammershotting is no problem for you due to your high alacrity. Am I to assume that if you set your alacrity high enough, it will result in a noticable reduction in global cooldown??? (This is something I've wondered about for a long time).

Thanks ahead of time for any insights you can divulge.

Alacrity does not decrease your global cooldown, in fact hammer shot is not affected at all by alacrity boost, only skills that have a cast time will be affected. It is all about ammo management, when you reach 3 ammo, hit the recharge cells if it is up. The way I see it, is that it is not the same as DPS, where if you use auto attack you are dropping the ball. Auto attack for healer has 2 benefits, it is free so it helps with ammo regen.

This formula from MMO mechanics seems to indicate that, for commandos, the crit from aim... and the crit from skill... and the crit from rating are all on seperate DR scales, and then added together for the total crit.

Crit Chance = 5% + 30% * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / max(Level,20) ) / 2.5 ) ) + 30% * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / max(Level,20) ) / 0.45 ) )

Crit chance can also include a bonus from a secondary stat. Have a look at your damage or healing bonus on the character screen, if it includes a bonus from a secondary stat (SKILL) it will also have a small crit bonus from that stat calculated as + 30% * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( SecondaryStat / max(Level,20) ) / 2.5 ) )

Edited by Mechrophilia

Sorry the numbers are as I recall. I will post accurate numbers when I log in tonight. Also numbers are with buff. Gotta minus 5% I believe.

Here are the actually numbers completely unbuffed

2047 AIM

1783 End -> 20500 HP

855 Power

34% Crit

75% Surge

17.9% Alacrity

Mine are:

1974 Aim

1682 End

957 Power

34.5% crit (245 + aim + 140 cunning)

79.2% surge (456)

7.9% alacrity

1298 Tech Power

670 Bonus healing

My average HPS is 2.2k, my last fight (struggled to death on the terror from beyond HM ops 2nd boss) was 2.6k HPS

http://i.imgur.com/FWNSR.png

Gotta say, I'm liking the new commando interrupts and new combat medic skill tree.

What's the curve for Alacrity? In my opinion Alacrity is obsolete due to our resource management, less alacrity means more time to give out more powerful, bursty heals while recovering ammo.

And with your stats, healing over 6k burst heals should be a definite (Even better with power augs), my burst heals are consistently 6.5k+ and occasionally 7k+ on those with bonus heal received skills.

Mine are:

1974 Aim

1682 End

957 Power

34.5% crit (245 + aim + 140 cunning)

79.2% surge (456)

7.9% alacrity

1298 Tech Power

670 Bonus healing

My average HPS is 2.2k, my last fight (struggled to death on the terror from beyond HM ops 2nd boss) was 2.6k HPS

http://i.imgur.com/FWNSR.png

Gotta say, I'm liking the new commando interrupts and new combat medic skill tree.

What's the curve for Alacrity? In my opinion Alacrity is obsolete due to our resource management, less alacrity means more time to give out more powerful, bursty heals while recovering ammo.

And with your stats, healing over 6k burst heals should be a definite (Even better with power augs), my burst heals are consistently 6.5k+ and occasionally 7k+ on those with bonus heal received skills.

Nice numbers there.

I do not know the curve for alacrity, I find it is best to test different builds to see which fits you best. I crit for 6.3-6.8K on Medical Probe, and can hit over 8K on myself with all cooldowns popped.

I have no problem with ammo management, in fact I find that I do not even look at my ammo. I will note I have tested with the power augs and stay that primary stat works better than power, even tho "on paper" it says otherwise. Once again I will reiterate you gotta do what you find best for you.

One last thing is with the 2 extra points I got out of potent medicine, I put them into first responder, and when I have super charged cells going, I actually beat global cool down, so i m putting those points into advanced tech.

Edited by SPrime