• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Name <Guild Name>:Krasson <Impetus Norvegicus>

Character Class:Mercenary

Character Spec:Arsenal 5 33 3

Torparse Link:http://www.torparse.com/a/26438

AMR Profile*:

Thanks for posting, but yeah it needs to be 5 minutes, I can't start letting people get around the rules.

If you could do it again for atleast 5 minutes then it will be accepted.

Thanks for understanding!

• 3 weeks later...

Leaderboard is misleading.

Classes which have a high percentage of armour pen and armour bypassing damage score higher.

There's a reason why Assault/Pyro Vanguards/Powertechs will always top a dummy parse, over 55% damage ignores armour and another 25% ignores 90% of armour.

Even if they get someone to buff them with a 20% armour debuff on the dummy it will only make a difference on the 20% of damage that cares about armour which is a negligible amount.

On the other hand if a class with no armour debuff is hitting the dummy they gain about 8% more damage on their kinetic and energy attacks.

Finally, you can't prove anything if someone did use an armour debuff. When applied from another character you see nothing on your log because you are not applying the debuff.

So the parse is a lie if you want to see maximum raid damage potential unless you legitimise armour debuffed dummies.

Anyway here's a 1.7k parse from a lesser spotted pve class

Hotwired <Nano>:

Character Class: Assault Commando

Character Spec: 3/7/31

Torparse Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/31019

If you see me post a parse of 1900+ then, well, that's my real damage potential in a raid but it will be because there's a 20% armour debuff, applied by either a tank or another dps in the raid.

But I dunno, perhaps clarify what the board is for? Solo PVE dps? Because raid damage tends to be on armour debuffed targets and as I mentioned, everyone who brings their own is already ahead.

Edited by Gyronamics

Leaderboard is misleading.

Classes which have a high percentage of armour pen and armour bypassing damage score higher.

There's a reason why Assault/Pyro Vanguards/Powertechs will always top a dummy parse, over 55% damage ignores armour and another 25% ignores 90% of armour.

Even if they get someone to buff them with a 20% armour debuff on the dummy it will only make a difference on the 20% of damage that cares about armour which is a negligible amount.

On the other hand if a class with no armour debuff is hitting the dummy they gain about 8% more damage on their kinetic and energy attacks.

Finally, you can't prove anything if someone did use an armour debuff. When applied from another character you see nothing on your log because you are not applying the debuff.

So the parse is a lie if you want to see maximum raid damage potential unless you legitimise armour debuffed dummies.

Anyway here's a 1.7k parse from a lesser spotted pve class

Hotwired <Nano>:

Character Class: Assault Commando

Character Spec: 3/7/31

Torparse Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/31019

If you see me post a parse of 1900+ then, well, that's my real damage potential in a raid but it will be because there's a 20% armour debuff, applied by either a tank or another dps in the raid.

But I dunno, perhaps clarify what the board is for? Solo PVE dps? Because raid damage tends to be on armour debuffed targets and as I mentioned, everyone who brings their own is already ahead.

I do agree, it will make a difference, but the difference will not be 200dps +. The thing with this is a lot of classes do have armour debuffs, and they aren't at the top anyway. Snipers and gunnery commandos both apply an armour debuff. According to your logic they should be just as high because of this.