Saving guild names

KyaniteD

(Thanks for the reminder Suzina!)

This refers to guild that moved in June and were re-formed on a destination server back then:

If you reformed your guild on the destination servers without disbanding it on the old origin server, then the remnants of your guild on the origin server were forcefully moved now and prevent you from claiming your guild name, even though technically "no one else" has that name.

If you still have access to the character (or contact to the member) who is the guild leader of the guild that remained on the old origin server, you just have to have them log on and delete or rename that guild.

I totally forgot that we didn't disband our guild on the old origin server. We're a bit out of luck right now since the guild master of the relict guild has no active subscription, but as soon as F2P is here I will ask them to log on and release our guild name.

Bringing this back form the dead to report that in our case, after describing the problem with the inactive guild on the old server, customer service returned our guild name to us.

Took about 5 days from ticket to reply & solution. (Which I think is more than acceptable given the situation.)

(Reporting this because I still see a lot of @ names running around.)

This happened to a lot of guilds - mine included, although in our case it was an alt guild on a different server that we never disbanded. Our guild master submitted a ticket and we were told the same thing. We're in the exact same situation, too: the guild master of the alt guild no longer has an active sub. Fortunately, we're a multi-game guild and he's still active in a different chapter, and is aware of the situation, so he can take care of it once F2P launches. :) Edited by MadBlue

Wow, pretty neat to randomly see my name on the forums. :eek:

It does seem ironic my efforts to preserve my guild name on my origin server even after it's death resulted in a temporary loss of name for both versions of my guild on the destination server.