Server's best PVPers

Andov

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there is a sweet spot at around 12-15 where the warzone level boost gives you more extra damage and hp than usual to compensate for the fact that you have no gear (I've hit 300k with a level 12 merc using little more than rapid shots). Pile on some twinked custom gear and I could see those levels dominating.

But only for a really short time. The bonuses flatten out considerably by the time you're in your 20s.

Since bolster is additive, you can actually achieve the highest possible damage reduction as a twinked level 10. Nearly 80% flat reduction as a Guardian. Almost worthy of a ranked team purely for that. Add in one more additive buff like ballistic shield and they can't take damage without armor penetration.

I got into a warzone team with Sching Schang Schong the other day, I could not stop laughing even before the match started because I knew exactly what they were about to do.. then laughed hysterically as they went around shanking everyone. All 3 look the same, bodytype 1 I think.. and just run around destroying everything.

I got into a warzone team with Sching Schang Schong the other day, I could not stop laughing even before the match started because I knew exactly what they were about to do.. then laughed hysterically as they went around shanking everyone. All 3 look the same, bodytype 1 I think.. and just run around destroying everything.

exactly what happend to me ... soo funny :D

Pretty sure Sching, Schang, Schong is one person multi-boxing 3 accounts.

That being said, I was in a WZ that only had two of the 3 in it, and they made my Sorc miserable :p

That being said, there was one Marauder who I wish still played, he would have ended up on this realm. He made a bunch of PvP vids showing him taking on multiple players (including pre-nerf Operatives) and killing them all.

Edited by Malkavier

Pretty sure Sching, Schang, Schong is one person multi-boxing 3 accounts.

The thought occured to me as well when I originally saw them, so I watched their movements closer and I don't think they could have all been played by the same person. They were moving pretty independently (and not just autofollowing eachother or running in straight lines).

I've done ranked warzones probably about 5-10 minimum per day, for the last 2 weeks.

Playing against your own guild is hardly competition. What you are doing defeats the entire purpose of a competitive system. Gear for gears sake? Spamming ranked purely for commendations? That's not what pvp is about.

I'm pretty sure Wanted can field a team tonight if you guys are planning to do some. I'll check with legend, I know I"d be more then happy to.

Edited by Ryvirath

Playing against your own guild is hardly competition. What you are doing defeats the entire purpose of a competitive system. Gear for gears sake? Spamming ranked purely for commendations? That's not what pvp is about.

I'm pretty sure Wanted can field a team tonight if you guys are planning to do some. I'll check with legend, I know I"d be more then happy to.

That's incorrect. We have like max 6-7 people on in guild. We have grabbed friends, pugs, and people from general chat to play ranked. Last night we had 5 back-to-back very competitive games. This is for the competition, but only because other teams aren't offering any, and if they were we would most likely not even have enough to play them. Don't bother responding if you don't know what you're talking about.

That's incorrect. We have like max 6-7 people on in guild. We have grabbed friends, pugs, and people from general chat to play ranked. Last night we had 5 back-to-back very competitive games. This is for the competition, but only because other teams aren't offering any, and if they were we would most likely not even have enough to play them. Don't bother responding if you don't know what you're talking about.

I was there, on vent, in the ranked warzones, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. It's not something I intend to do again as it was profoundly casual and ultimately if players can't even be bothered to regulate themselves enough to not fix their own ranked warzone matches I don't know what hope the devs have. I don't know if it's a reportable offense or not and I don't much care, but it certainly felt like it was.

Regardless, if there was an important part of my post, it was: are you going to be queuing tonight? Maybe we can get a few matches rolling.

I was there, on vent, in the ranked warzones, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. It's not something I intend to do again as it was profoundly casual and ultimately if players can't even be bothered to regulate themselves enough to not fix their own ranked warzone matches I don't know what hope the devs have. I don't know if it's a reportable offense or not and I don't much care, but it certainly felt like it was.

Regardless, if there was an important part of my post, it was: are you going to be queuing tonight? Maybe we can get a few matches rolling.

Not even sure how to respond to a post that makes so little sense. If we have people on yes we will queue, don't stop queuing after 1 game please.

First of all, the games are going to be as competitive as the people taking part in them want to be. If there are a bunch of people from ID, Physics, and other teams that frequently participate in rated pvp anyway, they are going to be well fought games, which we have many of.

If the people that want to do rateds are undergeared and don't have mics, well, that is obviously going to affect the level of competition in rated warzones.

It really bothers me that you'd go out of your way to say that the teams we formed are fixed. As of the last few days, the way we have been determining teams is pretty simple. We divide people of the same classes and roles, and then random roll to determine the placement of everyone else. If the teams are blatantly unbalanced, we fix them. Generally, the teams we create are FAR more fair than actual ranked warzones which mostly consist of one team getting utterly farmed by a team with better gear.

And as for your claim that it felt like a reportable offense, Bioware has sponsored similar events on other servers in their community spotlight, so you dont have a leg to stand on.

Not even sure how to respond to a post that makes so little sense. If we have people on yes we will queue, don't stop queuing after 1 game please.

Which part was difficult to comprehend because it seems awfully simple to me.

I claimed it was difficult to identify the best server pvpers when there's so little ranked competition going on. I think anybody would agree to the general truth of that statement.

You mentioned doing 5-10 RWZs minimum a night.

I claimed that creating your own matches from a set pool of players is not what competitive pvp is about. And you can drop the facade as well, you've been bragging incessantly about how fast you geared up. The tagline I got after being sent an invite was free ranked comms. Don't delude yourself into thinking you are arranging some sort of higher competition. Look, what you are doing isn't wrong, and it -has- unfortunately been sanctioned by bioware in community threads (though those events never panned out). All I'm saying is that it defeats the spirit of competitive pvp and I personally think it's wrong. I think the the point still stands that doing 5-10 self created RWZs a night is not going to tell us who the server's best pvpers are. To each his own though, I don't understand a lot of people who play this game.

The entire basis of your next point was that you make it competitive and that I have no idea what I'm talking about if I wasn't there.

This is where I seemed to have lost you. I was there and by your rather simple criteria of the 'epistemic' I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. I didn't feel 6-0 huttballs wins were particularly competitive nor did I get the feeling anyone was trying to coordinate things. Large group + vent = ranked warzone comms was the feeling I left with. Maybe it was a limited sample size and you guys do a better job of policing yourselves on other nights. I didn't find it enjoyable or competitive and will refrain from participating in that sort of thing in the future. Best of luck to you guys though. The reason we got off on this tangent in the first place was just the statement that it's difficult to tell who the best are when there's so few ranked WZs/competition going on, a statement that has been sufficiently elaborated on at this point.

Does all this debate mean you are going to queue tonight?

PS to the poster above: I never mentioned anything about reporting (I was there after all, why would I report myself? I'm not that morally sound), just that it felt reportable and that's an indication to me that I don't want to be doing that.

Edited by Ryvirath

I don't think anyone is trying to argue that the ranked we have been hosting is always competitive. There are occasional matches where both teams are extremely well balanced and wins are hard fought. Then there are games when someone DCs and you win with 7 and its obvious some changes need to be made. Can't fix anything when people leave after one bad round. I just played 2 matches the other day where we got stomped, but there was no way to fix things appropriately. The general idea behind this has been if there's 16 people who want to do warzones why not do ranked. Not like there is much "glorious competition" in normals.

I don't think anyone is trying to argue that the ranked we have been hosting is always competitive. There are occasional matches where both teams are extremely well balanced and wins are hard fought. Then there are games when someone DCs and you win with 7 and its obvious some changes need to be made. Can't fix anything when people leave after one bad round. I just played 2 matches the other day where we got stomped, but there was no way to fix things appropriately. The general idea behind this has been if there's 16 people who want to do warzones why not do ranked. Not like there is much "glorious competition" in normals.

Fair enough, my apologies to ID for acting like someone killed my dog in this thread. It's just frustrating knowing that this game is capable of brilliant competitive pvp games, but fails to live up to that potential simply because of a population that can't meet the demands of ranked and the reality or perception (as you like) of the gear gap. I want those 2%/0% novare's and the 10 point losses on alderaan with middle finally capped 10 minutes in. Hopefully bioware can deliver a sustainable competitive format with players in every elo bracket in the next couple months.

Which part was difficult to comprehend because it seems awfully simple to me.

I claimed it was difficult to identify the best server pvpers when there's so little ranked competition going on. I think anybody would agree to the general truth of that statement.

You mentioned doing 5-10 RWZs minimum a night.

I claimed that creating your own matches from a set pool of players is not what competitive pvp is about. And you can drop the facade as well, you've been bragging incessantly about how fast you geared up. The tagline I got after being sent an invite was free ranked comms. Don't delude yourself into thinking you are arranging some sort of higher competition. Look, what you are doing isn't wrong, and it -has- unfortunately been sanctioned by bioware in community threads (though those events never panned out). All I'm saying is that it defeats the spirit of competitive pvp and I personally think it's wrong. I think the the point still stands that doing 5-10 self created RWZs a night is not going to tell us who the server's best pvpers are. To each his own though, I don't understand a lot of people who play this game.

The entire basis of your next point was that you make it competitive and that I have no idea what I'm talking about if I wasn't there.

This is where I seemed to have lost you. I was there and by your rather simple criteria of the 'epistemic' I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. I didn't feel 6-0 huttballs wins were particularly competitive nor did I get the feeling anyone was trying to coordinate things. Large group + vent = ranked warzone comms was the feeling I left with. Maybe it was a limited sample size and you guys do a better job of policing yourselves on other nights. I didn't find it enjoyable or competitive and will refrain from participating in that sort of thing in the future. Best of luck to you guys though. The reason we got off on this tangent in the first place was just the statement that it's difficult to tell who the best are when there's so few ranked WZs/competition going on, a statement that has been sufficiently elaborated on at this point.

Does all this debate mean you are going to queue tonight?

PS to the poster above: I never mentioned anything about reporting (I was there after all, why would I report myself? I'm not that morally sound), just that it felt reportable and that's an indication to me that I don't want to be doing that.

Anyone who is complaining about rating or the teams in rated I have my trademarked saying.

Queue up or shut up.

xoxoxoxo

If it makes you feel any better I have not been in any of these 5-10 matches a day...because i haven't played in a week...and I try to stay away from the multiple guild thrown together pug comm farming teams...because if there's anything I hate more than losing...it's losing to my own guildies :/ ......I think it's been like a week and a half since I've done a rated XDD

If it makes you feel any better I have not been in any of these 5-10 matches a day...because i haven't played in a week...and I try to stay away from the multiple guild thrown together pug comm farming teams...because if there's anything I hate more than losing...it's losing to my own guildies :/ ......I think it's been like a week and a half since I've done a rated XDD

Just queue solo and do crazy eyes...it's almost an instant win!