Please consolidate APAC servers

Cheezfriend

TL;DR = Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala is lower population and should be merged with some other PvP server.

This is how the pop of the three APAC servers compares to the average server of their types, and versus SWTOR overall. These numbers represent the portion of players left compared to 6/27/2012. So for instance SWTOR overall has about 20% less logins than a couple months ago. Master Dar'Nala is only about 58% of what it was a couple of months ago - it's lost about 42% of it's population. (Link to how I got these numbers HERE.)

% of 6/27 population

All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%

Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%

Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%

Master Dar'Nala 58%

Dalborra is actually doing a tiny bit *better* than other PvE servers. Gav Daragon is doing a bit worse than other RP-PvE servers, because it's "only" at 92% of it's post transfer load, but that' means it's doing great!

Master Dar'Nala has lost a lot of people... more than even other PvP servers.

Paige

I have already pointed out one major flaw with your program. You cannot get numbers from the server status page. Stop trolling.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again the concerns of APAC gamers have been ignored. The population on Master Dar'Nala is a joke. No more than 30 players on Imperial fleet during the day and the most I have seen in the last month at peak time was 100, most nights its around 70.

Please bioware atleast acknowledge the issue with APAC server populations. We love having our.own servers and are greatful however people are leaving in droves. There are a handfull of hopefull players like myself clinging onto the possibility that something will be done soon. I have invested far too much time to reroll.

We just want people to play with and bioware to acknowledge our concerns.

Thanks

those numbers the PvP server are greater then the RP server.

Some of my main issues with Gav Daragon that could be solved by a merge.

I want to run HM Denova so I can get ready for the new Op in 1.4, how is this to happen when there is nobody geared enough that isn't already in a set raid group.

The disparity in PVP gear for 50's is getting worse by the day, even to the point some of the best Rep players have offered to throw matches just to get us some comms. There will not be RWZ's until this is fixed, there will barely be regular matches either.

Level 50 PVP wont pop during the day. I am sick of playing under 50 pvp just to get a pop.

Peakhour downtime 2 nights a week

The lack of an economy. the GTN is near empty of anything useful or affordable.

Toxic inter-guild relationships.

Lack of Healers (I am one, however running people through BT everyday isn't exciting to me, nor is doing SM ops over and over) I am one of the only Imp healers in 50's PVP also which causes endless frustration, being ganked sometimes 30+ times in match by Min/Maxed WH geared reps. why play if I respawn to be killed straight away. I still queue 100% of the time I am logged in though.

Rage Quitters - This isn't a huge issue but it is growing, the instant things turn bad people leave wz's. I understand leaving because of trolls or RL stuff but quitting once 2 nodes have been capped is a joke. (I myself have been leaving when a select few people start trashing my guild/friends)

I really love SWTOR but I hate the low population. I have sent complaints to CS in-game and they just keep saying the same **** about waiting and exciting things coming and all the other generic BS they have in their template responses.

I have invested a lot of time into gearing my toons and will not be rerolling on another server, nor will I be subbing again till the transfer option is given or a merge made.

Edited by VanSnooten

Please merge servers. I would happily go onto one of the new super servers and suffer higher pings than the deserted fleet and long WZ/GF waits I have now. Monday night at around 2100 AEST there were ~50 people on pub fleet on Dalborra. I often see single digits during the day

TL;DR = Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala is lower population and should be merged with some other PvP server.

This is how the pop of the three APAC servers compares to the average server of their types, and versus SWTOR overall. These numbers represent the portion of players left compared to 6/27/2012. So for instance SWTOR overall has about 20% less logins than a couple months ago. Master Dar'Nala is only about 58% of what it was a couple of months ago - it's lost about 42% of it's population. (Link to how I got these numbers HERE.)

% of 6/27 population

All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%

Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%

Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%

Master Dar'Nala 58%

Dalborra is actually doing a tiny bit *better* than other PvE servers. Gav Daragon is doing a bit worse than other RP-PvE servers, because it's "only" at 92% of it's post transfer load, but that' means it's doing great!

Paige

Dalborra is actually terrible but thanx for your input after we had transfers Dalborra would get 400 on the imperial fleet and 300-350 on the republic fleet now it only just breaks 100 on each.

Server merges are needed doubt we will ever get them if RPers like Allie or w/e are to much of babies to come join a more populated server let them stay on their dead server and sit around emoting each other in the cantina for hours while the rest of us enjoy a more populated server

% of 6/27 population

All SWTOR servers 80%

All PvE 80%

Dalborra 82%

All RP PvE 99%

Gav Daragon 92%

All PvP 65%

Master Dar'Nala 58%

Paige

Oh, please don't say that.

I thought TOR status only gets a rough estimate of those numbers. I checked that website to find out how they were getting their figures and it's from SWTOR's server page, which just gives Light, Medium, Heavy, and Very Heavy readings. I was hoping they'd provide more information about how they get those numbers but that was all I could find.

I can only go by my own experience on Gav Daragon.

From the starting planets to Coruscant, it was okay to find groups for Heroics.

From Taris to Tatooine, I started missing out on the heroics because the number of people had dropped considerably. Taris had around 30ish people on average, still doable with that many. But Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine were as low as half that. Still fine. Got some heroics done.

Then I hit Aldaraan, Quesh, Balmorra and the population took a dive. Most of the time, we were under 10 people on the planet. One time, I was shocked because we had 9 people on Balmorra.

It got worse when I reached Hoth and Belsavis. Just 3-4 people on the planet.

Voss and Corellia? I spent most of my time on Voss being the only person there. I had stopped doing heroics since Aldaraan.

I used to ask myself why would Bioware put so many Heroic 4s on the later planets when there's hardly anyone around to group with.

This was on Gav Daragon, during the height of its population, back in April/May. I've wanted to quit the game many times since I hit level 50 because it's just been so frustrating. I'm just hanging on in the hope that we might get a server merge at some point.

It could all be perception and bad luck. But I'm just hoping that's all it is, that Gav Daragon is suffering from low population woes. If Gav Daragon is fine, then it's time to move on.

Oh, please don't say that.

I thought TOR status only gets a rough estimate of those numbers. I checked that website to find out how they were getting their figures and it's from SWTOR's server page, which just gives Light, Medium, Heavy, and Very Heavy readings. I was hoping they'd provide more information about how they get those numbers but that was all I could find.

I can only go by my own experience on Gav Daragon.

From the starting planets to Coruscant, it was okay to find groups for Heroics.

From Taris to Tatooine, I started missing out on the heroics because the number of people had dropped considerably. Taris had around 30ish people on average, still doable with that many. But Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine were as low as half that. Still fine. Got some heroics done.

Then I hit Aldaraan, Quesh, Balmorra and the population took a dive. Most of the time, we were under 10 people on the planet. One time, I was shocked because we had 9 people on Balmorra.

It got worse when I reached Hoth and Belsavis. Just 3-4 people on the planet.

Voss and Corellia? I spent most of my time on Voss being the only person there. I had stopped doing heroics since Aldaraan.

I used to ask myself why would Bioware put so many Heroic 4s on the later planets when there's hardly anyone around to group with.

This was on Gav Daragon, during the height of its population, back in April/May. I've wanted to quit the game many times since I hit level 50 because it's just been so frustrating. I'm just hanging on in the hope that we might get a server merge at some point.

It could all be perception and bad luck. But I'm just hoping that's all it is, that Gav Daragon is suffering from low population woes. If Gav Daragon is fine, then it's time to move on.

Gav Daragon is a dead server now. I was on there from day 1 of the servering going live. It took a dive with 1.2 then another at 1.3 (less of one then 1.2) now it has had its biggest dive in population

Gav Daragon is a dead server now. I was on there from day 1 of the servering going live. It took a dive with 1.2 then another at 1.3 (less of one then 1.2) now it has had its biggest dive in population

I'm willing to accept that it could all be just my own perception that the server is dying.

For me, I've just seen friends stop logging on, one by one. And it feels like that because of that.

But I've also seen new people coming on, new level 50s. But nowadays that just makes me feel old and tired.

In truth, I don't have the numbers to say if the APAC servers are dying. I'd like to think that they are dying because it means that something might be done about it. All I've got to go by is my personal experience playing this game and the hope that it'll get better. Once that hope dies, I leave.

Rarely have I been lambasted so thoroughly for doing math. I've published and linked my methods. I have always been willing to consider anyone else's method that seems better. (In fact, the current method is definitely a joint logical effort of several contributors.)

So, no worries then men. Carry on. I shall not burden the APAC server issue with data further. You are quite passionate about the subject, and are not interested in sweet reason.

Paige

I'm willing to accept that it could all be just my own perception that the server is dying.

For me, I've just seen friends stop logging on, one by one. And it feels like that because of that.

But I've also seen new people coming on, new level 50s. But nowadays that just makes me feel old and tired.

In truth, I don't have the numbers to say if the APAC servers are dying. I'd like to think that they are dying because it means that something might be done about it. All I've got to go by is my personal experience playing this game and the hope that it'll get better. Once that hope dies, I leave.

I remember Gav Daragon having nearly 200 on Rep fleet in late March. Now its around 50 at peak times (at best) what have you noticed?

Rarely have I been lambasted so thoroughly for doing math. I've published and linked my methods. I have always been willing to consider anyone else's method that seems better. (In fact, the current method is definitely a joint logical effort of several contributors.)

So, no worries then men. Carry on. I shall not burden the APAC server issue with data further. You are quite passionate about the subject, and are not interested in sweet reason.

Paige

Thank you for putting in the time. I don't doubt your math, but I'd like to ask about the reliability of the numbers. If it's from TOR status, how does TOR status get the number of concurrent logins? Do they set up /who queries on each server every hour? Cause if they do that, then yes, definitely I'd feel a lot better about those numbers.

Let's look at your numbers. (We'll assume the that source is reliable.)

APAC servers have suffered less of a decline than US servers (except for Master Dar'Nala.)

Yet APAC servers are still at the bottom of the list for population.

That seems to support my perception of Gav Daragon being under populated.

Now the gist of your post was to state that APAC servers haven't suffered a decline in population (except for Master Dar'Nala.) But that doesn't mean they're fine because the experience for players on them is still bad, and has been bad for a while now.

If a server with a population of ten people gets five new players. That would be an increase of 50% in numbers. But the game experience for every one on that server would still be horrible.

I remember Gav Daragon having nearly 200 on Rep fleet in late March. Now its around 50 at peak times (at best) what have you noticed?

Sorry. Can't help you there.

I've never noticed Republic Fleet having anywhere close to those numbers on Gav Daragon. I have noticed that at release in March, Tython and Korriban had about 90-110 players. Ord Mantell and Hutta had about half that. So it is possible that your memory is right.

I think that people are still hanging on to Gav Daragon. Even up to a two weeks ago, I was still seeing new level 50s appearing. But I've known a lot of names that don't log on anymore as well.

I can't tell if Gav Daragon is losing people, but it sure can feel that way.

I can say that Gav Daragon's population, even if it isn't losing people, feels entirely too small.

Regardless of how these numbers have been generated, the simple fact is:

The APAC servers are dead. Bioware knows exactly how many active players are on the servers and only they can fix this issue for us, the longer they ignore the community and our population issues, the worse the problem is going to get.

Edited by Cheezfriend

I myself like to participate in PVE and PVP, at this stage of my game i have completed all the PVE content apart from hardmode kephess... i like to play PVP aswell so i do not restrict myself to one side of the game as i would b definately bored...

im real sick of people posting things like "PVPr's should b on a PVP server" or "PVE's should be on a PVE server" bcos there are some (im sure alot) of us out there who like to do both! but anyway... Im all for transfers/merges/consolidation because in both PVE/PVP aspects on my server, population is lacking to have constant POPS... GF is non existent and the PVP queue is also slow... We struggle to pull our team together for HM EC and it has gotten worse with time...

Hurry up and merge us, and at least tell us when something is gunna be done

I support this as well... extremely dissapointing they didnt even consider their paying clients in asia pacific when merging all of the other servers for euro and us. Its something we have all been waiting for, for a long time and to log on and see everyone else have it and not us.

This must remain on the first page so the devs can start their very important work...of merging the APAC servers.

Thank you in advance good sirs, for your diligence in making it happen yesterday... oh when you do merge us make sure you take down the US and EU servers for 8 hours too... so they don't feel left out. ty

Nerdmerge

+1 to this as well.. knowing that there are good players in the RP and PVE servers when it comes to ranked warzones.. our guild The-Elite can't wait to verse you guys!!..

Couldn't we just go with a cross-server queue?

If the BW team is actually reading this, we would happily be guinea pigs for any cross-server tech you're working on. This solves everyone's queueing issues without creating the pop merge nightmare that could ensue (and buys you guys time until f2p kicks in).

How do you do it?

1. Re-write a little bit of instance & lfg code

2. Consolidate the instance server architecture for all three servers.

They're in the same building FFS...

Dear Bioware, I purchased a whole desktop to play this game, if you do the math it's the purchase price of the game + 2900 divided by 3 for a USD conversion. This is the first mmo i've ever played and hopefully it won't leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Merge the servers please. People from Asia also play in the APAC servers. We too would like to see an improved player experience.

I implore you to merge the Master Dar Nala server with other APAC servers. We will play nice. Promise!