Bioware, was it your intention to purchase WH gear twice?

Mournblood

hmm. I'm confused. did you just say white dmg is taking priority but stacking power > crit is hurt by that? shouldn't it be the opposite? or did I misunderstand what you're saying?

i dunno about that but i think he really just wants to say that future changes to the game can gimp your min-maxed gear, hence the more -balanced out- vanilla gear versions isn't that bad

To anyone who PvPs regularly, this isn't news by any means, but it's becoming more and more common practice for players to repurchase their WH gear to replace the mods in their first set in order to stack specific stats, such as Power. I fully realize that WH gear is not optimized, or at least not well, but I have to question if this was BW's intention. Getting full WH gear takes long enough, but then to grind out a second set to min/max in order to be competitive seems a bit ridiculous to me. And yes, there's a significant advantage that stat stacking (e.g. Power) has over those who do not do that. I can't imagine that this was necessarily intended, and I'm wondering if BW is even aware of it, or if they are, do they have a better solution in mind to address this?

You don't *need* to optimize your WH set. It's a small advantage that rewards people with full WH to keep on playing.

hmm. I'm confused. did you just say white dmg is taking priority but stacking power > crit is hurt by that? shouldn't it be the opposite? or did I misunderstand what you're saying?

What he is saying is that not all attacks used by a Focus specced Knight crit 100% of the time like their Force Sweep does. Meaning that now that other attacks are getting buffed in the tree, having more power with less crit chance is going to hurt their all around damage since they will not be critting very often on their non-forcesweep attacks.

Edited by DimeStax

I understand that, but there are better ways they could have addressed that rather than expecting players to grind a full set of WH gear twice. It's lazy design decisions like that why their game is offering F2P in November. See post #20 just before yours. That is a perfect example of one way they could have done this better, only, another player thought of it, not Bioware.

The problem isn't that we have to grind the gear twice. The problem is how long this grind to get our idea of perfectly optimized gear for a toon.

Is there any reason why reducing the time to grind gear (e.g. by giving out more WZ commendations for each match) would not address the problem?