The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Would you trade voice over for more game options?

RixoFutu

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooh, fancy words :p

I like fancy words, they make me feel smart! when i spell them correctly that is (a.k.a is my spellchecker working..Yes. good!) :D

Seriously though, now I think about it - this could be real problem. What with 1.4 on its way we might find BW have sacrificed immersive VO and storyline in exchange for quicker content release. So in that sense both sides lose, no barber shop or guild houses, and no VO or great storyline. Lets hope they manage to pull it off!

I agree! as the budgets grow tighter (I think its about as foreordained in most aging MMO's as taxes are in my checkbook), Im worried that they may have to make that decision. so there's some wieight to the OP's question, but i think that unless EA decides to do a replay of the SWG debacle, they won't digress from VO's. If anything, they may focus VO on primary storylines, and emphasise data terminals as much as possible. But lemee tell ya, if i start to see quest bubbles, it may be time for me to migrate!

hehe...i use another fancy word! my English teacher would be proud of me. :cool:

Edited by Elyx

I didn't say that I enjoyed the VO, I said that it gets boring after first run.

It is a nice extra feature, but since the game is lacking in other departments, I'd trade a nice feature for more important stuff.

point well made. I may disagree, but i see where you are coming from

I like most of the VO but they spent too much on that and not enough on better art, better looking gear, more interesting quests, an event engine similar to Rift's or GW2's, better engine performance, a multi-player space game and a world pvp game. Other things like being able to use more than one companion at a time or having separate vehicles/mounts for my companions would be nice. If BW had started with the pvp balance that they have now instead of setting up op classes that became popular because they were op only to be nerfed I am also 100% sure that they would not have lost as many customers. And too, they could have added some other kinds of mini-games and activities that players can participate in (speeder-racing, spectating/gambling on the racing/pvp, pazak, etc). And they definitely should have had a server transfer and x-server pvp/fps right off the bat (dwindling server pops don't matter so much with those features working).

Also, I can't tell you how annoying it is that we have one scripted/story fp for each faction and that's it; I would rather they had not bothered with scripting/voicing the Essesles and BT if those are to be the only ones like them. They're like a commercial for things to come that never happen.

They got me in the door because the game lets you use lightsabers, the pvp is ok and it's Star Wars (and those trailers are awesome). The voice acting had me extremely incredulous from before my first footstep in the game and, again, while I've enjoyed a lot of it, it's the lightsabers (including the melee styles of the lightsaber users) and the pvp that have kept me around for 10 mos. A good chunk of my play time is with the sound off.

Simple question - would you trade voice over for more game options and maybe content? Gear customizations, player's housing, guild housing and ships, usable chairs, barber shop, more crafting options.

Or is voice over so special and great experience for you?

I'll bet that if you ask the millions of players that don't play Star Wars anymore or the ones that would have but were smart enough to stay the heck away would all say a resounding YES!