The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

34 Vanguard: Blitz ability in PvP

Waron

How do you guys use this in pvp, afaik we don't have any abilities that incapacitate in pvp. It works fine-ish in PvE with sticky grenade but :p

Do we get something later? Does Assault spec final skill work?.. (I'm shield spec so I have no Idea) It should work on people getting force choked etc but it's extremely situational.

How do you guys use this in pvp, afaik we don't have any abilities that incapacitate in pvp. It works fine-ish in PvE with sticky grenade but :p

Cryo Grenade (or someone else's CC, like Stasis). I find it a bit buggy as to whether it wants to trigger though.

Yep I've tried all my own CC abiliites, aswell as my Shadow friends CC abilities, and none of them let me trigger Blitz. Guess I'll just remove it from my hotbar.

It's a shame because that thing would hit HARD, and maybe finally let me get the 2.5 crit medal ;P

Edited by Waron

I haven't been able to get Blitz to work on players OR elite mobs, so my guess for now is that it doesn't work on enemies other than standards or weaks, period.

Seems to be that way. I can't get it to light up in PVP after cryo grenading an Imp, and it won't light up after cryo grenading an elite mob.

Does anyone else think that the animation for cryo grenade is better than stockstrike? I think Bioware should switch them. :cool:

• 1 month later...

I have never managed to get it working in PVP, and i have done everything to "Stun" other players, from Harpoon followed by Blitz, Cryo followed by Blitz, can't use it when another players stuns a sith right next to me. The result is always the same, Dull icon, and never illuminated.

In PvE, it never works against a gold starred enemy.

Blitz is a major hitter for vanguard, shame that Bioware hasn't done something about it.

Blitz only works in PVE and on weaker mobs who are in certain CC'd states.

It's by design.

Blitz in PVP would create the kind of burst and short time-to-kill that BioWare has been striving to avoid.

Then why would they give an ability that can only be used in pvp? Do any other classes have abilities that can only be used in pve? I kept trying to use this last night in pvp and pve after freeving with a cryo and it never fired. I think its more of a bug than design. I use Ion cell all the time so not sure that could be it.

Every class gets a PvE only damage skill around level 28. Troopers get Blitz, jedi knights get Opportune Strike, jedi consulars get Tumult and smugglers get Cheapshot and Headshot, which share a CD. Mirror classes have their versions as well.

Sith warrior - Juggers get two, the kick & pummel - both can't be used in PVP or against gold elites.

Making two abilities pretty pointless, they need to change it - as having 2 of your best abilitys only work against weak mobs (Which die in one hit) or silver mobs (Which are easy anyway) is pretty daft.

Not to mention one I can only use when they are SLOWED and another while STUNNED - talk about overly situational.

YOU CAN USE THIS ABILITY ON ONLY THIS ENEMY (NOBODY ELSE) ALSO IF IS HE IS WALKING SLOWLY.

What next?.

YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS ABILITY, AGAINST GREEN ENEMIES - WHO HAVE EXACTLY 66% HP - ON TATTOINE WHO ARE WEARING A BLUE HAT ON FRIDAYS.