Do the Republic know they are at war?

calleverybody

Yesterday , me and my guildies seen a bunch of pubs in one area and decided to mess with their game play. Most of them were flagged PVP ( PVE server) so we attacked. Of course they were upset, but aren't we at war? Isn't this what the game is all about? Everything from story line , FP, and WZ's all go to Messing up the republics plan and vice versa. We made our own open world PVP on Voss and it made my day. :D Remember peace is a LIE

I guess you don't want to be constantly attacked that's why your on PVE server but it still was fun.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday , me and my guildies seen a bunch of pubs in one area and decided to mess with their game play. Most of them were flagged PVP ( PVE server) so we attacked. Of course they were upset, but aren't we at war? Isn't this what the game is all about? Everything from story line , FP, and WZ's all go to Messing up the republics plan and vice versa. We made our own open world PVP on Voss and it made my day. :D Remember peace is a LIE

I guess you don't want to be constantly attacked that's why your on PVE server but it still was fun.

First off I hate ganking and griefing in all forms. That said, if they were flagged then they were fair targets. If somehow they were "accidently flagged" or victim of the AOE bug/expoit, then it was their responsibility to get to a rest zone and wait 5 mins so their flag would reset.

The were fighting The boss on Voss. (hey that rhymed, lol:cool:) Somehow they got flagged I don't know how. Either way i felt like a real Sith in attacking them.

You didn't say that up front.

In that case what you did, while within the game rules, wasn't very honorable. I guess you and your band wouldn't have attacked if your opponents (really victims in this case) weren't otherwise engaged. GJ OP very "brave" of you. :rolleyes:

Meh, I can see why the crying but they will get over it. Probably didn't realized they were flagged especially since your on a PvE Server. PvP Servers pretty much anything goes and people learn to watch their backs so less crying about random ganking when it happens.

Only advice I can give you is to roll on a PvP server with the next game you play.

A lot of times when people are fighting NP the other faction with flag them (aoe bug) and mess with their ops, so they can't get him down. I personally think open world pvp is great. But it really urks me when people do this just because they don't want to wait for the reset timer on the boss. There is a place for pvp and in the middle of fighting the only boss that drops the campaign boots just to **** with people is not it.

Only advice I can give you is to roll on a PvP server with the next game you play.

I have this sneaking suspicion that anyone who is bragging about making some open-world PVP by way of ganking unsuspecting PVEers is not interested in being in a REAL PVP environment.

Edited by TheBBP

Never met a good PVPer who thought it was bragging rights to sneak up on and take out some PVEers who were already engaged in combat.

Whatever makes you feel awesome, I guess.

I am discussing what a great time i had last night, playing the game of SWTOR . or should i be bashing the game and stating whats wrong with it . would that be better for you?

And yes i felt awesome, we are at war !!! Hello they are the Enemy no matter what.

After careful consideration, the wording of the above statement in red is suspect. Now I am not sure if this is some validation of someone purposely using the AOE bug/expoit and trying to brag about it. :rolleyes:

I am discussing what a great time i had last night, playing the game of SWTOR . or should i be bashing the game and stating whats wrong with it . would that be better for you?

And yes i felt awesome, we are at war !!! Hello they are the Enemy no matter what.

If that's the excuse you need to get past your cowardly attack, then you're completely worthless and you should delete your characters now.

I am more than glad that you had a great time. However, to brag about ganking unsuspecting PVEers on a PVE servers is like bragging about how good of a swimmer you are in the bath tub.

You must be very young. Noone hates war more than those that engage in warfare. Those on the side of right fight by The Just War Doctrine. Those that do not are just villians. Your view is rather myopic.

it is a Freaking Game....... A Game , A Game . one more time A Game. this not real life war games okay... you must be very serious about this GAME....

The point is they are Rep. we are Empire. If it was other Empire players we wouldn't of messed with them. The only rule that applies to the Enemy is attack. In a GAME !!!!!

I think you should have left them alone on a PvE server until they finished killing the world boss. This is on the same level as a level 80 rushing past a group of low levels getting ready to battle a low level world boss and killing it. Edited by Sphinxes

Are you one of the ones we attacked?? I hope your not Empire... because your living a lie

Seriously?

What the population is saying to you is. Have some respect. Yes this is a game, that you are playing with other PEOPLE. Yes there is a lore aspect to this game and if you want your "open-world" experiences to match the lore, you seem to be stuck on, that closely get on a RP server. If you want to kill players all the time and mess up their ops get on a PVP server. Players that play on straight PVE servers do it for a reason, respect that. Or expect to be grilled for doing something that has been the topic of more threads than I can count, on this forum.

So you must be Empire. Do you understand Peace is LIE? :rolleyes:

It's not that you took out some players that were flagged for PVP. Nobody can complain about that. What is dumb is bragging about taking out unsuspecting PVEers on a PVE server. It is a REALLY lame reason to brag. You'd look more accomplished if you bragged about soloing the Black Talon at level 25. :rolleyes:

Edited by TheBBP

Seriously?

What the population is saying to you is. Have some respect. Yes this is a game, that you are playing with other PEOPLE. Yes there is a lore aspect to this game and if you want your "open-world" experiences to match the lore, you seem to be stuck on, that closely get on a RP server. If you want to kill players all the time and mess up their ops get on a PVP server. Players that play on straight PVE servers do it for a reason, respect that. Or expect to be grilled for doing something that has been the topic of more threads than I can count, on this forum.

I said that already or did you not comprehend that? that was way at the top. re read it.

it is a Freaking Game....... A Game , A Game . one more time A Game. this not real life war games okay... you must be very serious about this GAME....

The point is they are Rep. we are Empire. If it was other Empire players we wouldn't of messed with them. The only rule that applies to the Enemy is attack. In a GAME !!!!!

This says volumes about your character. :rolleyes:

I said that already or did you not comprehend that? that was way at the top. re read it.

I have been following this thread since is started and fully comprehend what kind of douche bag you are. My statement since you didn't really read it was.

Respect the people you are playing with. They chose their server for a reason.

It's not that you took out some players that were flagged for PVP. Nobody can complain about that. What is dumb is bragging about taking out unsuspecting PVEers on a PVE server. It is a REALLY lame reason to brag. You'd look more accomplished if you bragged about soloing the Black Talon at level 25. :rolleyes:

Bragging I am not even bragging. or at least that wasn't my intent to brag about it. I was just stating what fun i had and everybody is extra Sensitive. Your bragging about it, how could you. OMG !! Those poor Reps>>> i should be ashamed of my self.