New end game raid suggestion...Tomb of Lords

LordArtemis

Something immediately came to my mind after reading the suggestion (it is a great one, by the way).

Topic creation date: 13.9.2012

First new Operation after this date: Scum & Villainy

Once you have your original gear you then have 4 tasks to escape. You have to split up because all 4 have to be done at the same time for it to work. One group takes the bridge, next assaults security to lower the force fields, next group takes the shuttle bay, last group targets the engine room.

This stage is not about combat. Combat will likely cause your death. You may have to fight a few small battles, but you have to kill them quickly to avoid getting detected. Your goal is to sneak around and accomplish the tasks at the same time.

vs.

Operations Chief (phase 1)

You finally reach the tomb. When you go inside, each section has 4 different areas, 8 sections. Every time you get one area, one section, and the mobs change. Sometimes you fight a single high level mob, other times you fight trash or groups of high level mobs.

vs.

Olok the Shadow (phase 1)

I cannot help but wonder if it's just a coincidence.

A raid like this is exactly what this game is missing.

Raids like this is why the game was hyped so much.

Raids like this would have/still would do justice to the old republic brand. Missions like these are part of what made the kotor games so fantastic. It's exactly the approach I expected bioware to take when I first saw the game get announced. Then sadly all I saw/see is wow raids.

Well, I think static flashpoints are easier to code. Also this was Bioware's first turn at an MMO.

That said, I appreciate the kudos. What I really need is for folks to come in and start writing different parts of the idea....get some feedback on how it should be set up from current Raiders....this way we could really flesh it out.

• 5 weeks later...

I realize I am resurrecting an old post here, but this is a great idea and there is a way to make this Biowareable (accessible to the masses).

Recruit friends to the game and get a ton of new subscribers so EA/Bioware can afford to put some morel $ into this game!

I am afraid however since most of their development staff is gone and that the money they are bringing in is obviously tied up in the hands of the corporation that seeing an expansion of this scale may never happen. We would have to hope they gain a couple million more subscribers in the very near future to make this idea see play time.

I like it alot though and really wish they could make it happen. I would be willing to pay my hard earned $ for something like this and I'm sure thousands of other people would be too.

I realize I am resurrecting an old post here, but this is a great idea and there is a way to make this Biowareable (accessible to the masses).

Recruit friends to the game and get a ton of new subscribers so EA/Bioware can afford to put some morel $ into this game!

I am afraid however since most of their development staff is gone and that the money they are bringing in is obviously tied up in the hands of the corporation that seeing an expansion of this scale may never happen. We would have to hope they gain a couple million more subscribers in the very near future to make this idea see play time.

I like it alot though and really wish they could make it happen. I would be willing to pay my hard earned $ for something like this and I'm sure thousands of other people would be too.

Well, I appreciate that.

Please, feel free to grab parts of it and add your own flavor. This is a community effort.

Also, keep in mind that assets that have been used in the past for other missions could be used as well to reduce costs in time and money.

• 6 months later...