changes on bh to gameupdate 1.4

Thoratok

finally the bounty hunter gets his cast disrupting skill in 1.4. a feature long missed because the bh ever had an disadvantage through that.

but i was wishing for my bh as well as that is a maximizer on the offhand like the marauder. i mean there are only two dual wield classes in this game. while the marauder since beginning had in his middle skill tree in skill tier 1 ( i think is the one in the middle in tier 1, sorry i dont play a marauder^^) the ability where he can boost his offhand up to 36 %, the bounty hunter just have a second pistole just for fun and the stats on it, but does no dmg at all with it. i mean, whats the meaning of a second weapon if you can't do anything with it.

second reason is, how in the world should a bounty hunter hold on in dmg with a marauder?? can't work because of that. another thing that bw missed in swtor like so many. how can i put two dual wield classes in a game and forget to give one of them this boost on its offhand weapon.

please bw change that quickly because is just stupid not to have it as dual wield class to boost my offhand weapon.

thx

but i was wishing for my bh as well as that is a maximizer on the offhand like the marauder. i mean there are only two dual wield classes in this game. while the marauder since beginning had in his middle skill tree in skill tier 1 ( i think is the one in the middle in tier 1, sorry i dont play a marauder^^) the ability where he can boost his offhand up to 36 %, the bounty hunter just have a second pistole just for fun and the stats on it, but does no dmg at all with it. i mean, whats the meaning of a second weapon if you can't do anything with it.

please bw change that quickly because is just stupid not to have it as dual wield class to boost my offhand weapon.

thx

there are 3 classes. Mercenary, Smuggler (gunslinger), and Marauder/Sentinel. Mercenary is mirrored to Commando, who is one gun man. Just like gunslinger doesnt have off hand boost, would not be fair to snipers.

Sentinel/Marauder are exact mirrors (rage/focus, light sabers, trees, force, etc), so it works.

It just drives me nuts to think that a rocket assisted full body uppercut punch will now root the target.

I mean ***?

Even in the imaginary world of SW this is a rediculous physics fail.

Loosing that knockback is going to hurt, and I absolutely refuse to wear that trash awefull looking gear to get the jet boost CD reduction set bonus.

Electrodart being nerfed to ten meters is also going to hurt. It fills in a gap while waiting for long CD's, and frankly makes no sense for a ranged class. It used to be one of the most usefull abilities in that god-awefull game called huttball, not anymore.

I'm excited to finally get an interrupt, I feel like a total *** in PvE gameplay when we wipe because of missed interrupts and all I can do is /shrug, wish I could help guys.

there are 3 classes. Mercenary, Smuggler (gunslinger), and Marauder/Sentinel. Mercenary is mirrored to Commando, who is one gun man. Just like gunslinger doesnt have off hand boost, would not be fair to snipers.

Sentinel/Marauder are exact mirrors (rage/focus, light sabers, trees, force, etc), so it works.

with two classes i just meant the imperials classes but you are right. from what i know a commando deals for a bit more dmg than then the merc because of his cannon/rifle thing. although the sniper rifle deals by far more dmg than even a blaster rifle don't imagine for a blaster. i don't care if its mirrored or not, to use dual wield and you just have your second with you just for fun is just stupid. and i really love my bh.

all i wanted to say is, that bw missed a good skill tree there and i know for sure that the comando deals more dmg than the mirrored merc so it doesn't work!!!

It just drives me nuts to think that a rocket assisted full body uppercut punch will now root the target.

I mean ***?

Loosing that knockback is going to hurt, and I absolutely refuse to wear that trash awefull looking gear to get the jet boost CD reduction set bonus.

Electrodart being nerfed to ten meters is also going to hurt. It fills in a gap while waiting for long CD's, and frankly makes no sense for a ranged class. It used to be one of the most usefull abilities in that god-awefull game called huttball, not anymore.

I'm excited to finally get an interrupt, I feel like a total *** in PvE gameplay when we wipe because of missed interrupts and all I can do is /shrug, wish I could help guys.

i totally feel you there man. 100% agreed.

when i read the patch notes and read that bh finally gets an interupt a was jumping around in fun but when i read more about the elecrodart system and that its nerved down to 10 m, well i was jumping no more^^ what a let down. i mean whats the reason to play an range class when you have to get close for pvp for the best skill a merc has in pvp.

I mean ***?

agree....most infuriating is the change to dart. I can see this work maybe for Powertechs since they are more of close range fighter, but doesn't make sense to ranged fighter such as Mercs.

I mean ***?

Agreed. I'm upset abut the rocket punch root. We need the kb the that RP (If we're Mercs that is) I can see Powertecks making use of this to use their 10m abilities but for Mercs who live and die by staying out of range this is a disaster.

Well for one Bw wants everybody to be in one big ball of stun stealth melle damge bar fight .

With al the proposed changes to everything down to less then 10 m for one and then give stealth classes a speed boost and more stealth what u think they want to happen . Maybe one day people will actually put two and two together and really see the over all picture here .

Stealth classes are going to be the ones in control you cant kill what u cant see if they run faster then u in stealth or out fo it, all other classes are meh at best compared to stealth and speed bursts . But in all fairness, in pvp speed and stealth make too much of a utility for one class to have and then add multiple classes having it doesnt even make sense. When u have 6 to 7 players all in stealth and vansih and reappear non stop and do what ever ,when ever and what ever they please to others and no hard counters to them ya good luck.Especialy when those can be tanks , healers and dps why even make other classes ? you have 3 classes that can almost do what the other classes can do but all with stealth and run speed thats loopy.

Then couple that with pulls, speed, shields, invuls,and all the other garbage they can do it offests the actual game play. . It's going to happen and its already ramping up with more sins/shadows and ops/smugs . People are gravitating to those clsses for a reason.

Yes and no. (about stealth)

Yes, stealth classes are good for capping and defending in skirmishes, but are weaker in fighting for mid, and restealth is 1.5 min or 2 min depending on spec.

yes, they are to better for suprises and full premade made with stealth will be hard to oppose for non VOIP teams, but, best thing about stealth classes is suprise. once suprise is over, they have nothing except cloack and run away.... leaving their team mates to die.

play operative and assasin to know what you will encounter. learn abilities of your enemy. adapt.

or QQ that people tell you 'l2p'

Yes and no. (about stealth)

Yes, stealth classes are good for capping and defending in skirmishes, but are weaker in fighting for mid, and restealth is 1.5 min or 2 min depending on spec.

yes, they are to better for suprises and full premade made with stealth will be hard to oppose for non VOIP teams, but, best thing about stealth classes is suprise. once suprise is over, they have nothing except cloack and run away.... leaving their team mates to die.

play operative and assasin to know what you will encounter. learn abilities of your enemy. adapt.

or QQ that people tell you 'l2p'

I'll try to remember this each time a stealther proceedes to chain stun/kill me while I stand there spasming to death.

It's not that I can't do anything, it's just that I need to adapt!

Break cc + konck back + stun?

Sounds great on paper.

Has no effect in game.

For starters you're assuming that nothing is on CD, even if.

I have one stun break on a long CD.

Use it and I'm instantly re-stunned.

When I do get a KB off (which is also on a long CD) 9 times out of 10 it has no effect.

Add to that the fact that I'm heavily snared and can barely move and even when it does work, it does no good.

I have 1 stun, which they simply break as soon as I use it.

Problem is, they have multiple stuns and the ability to kill you before the stun wears off.

Edited by Voranis

Sounds great on paper.

Has no effect in game.

For starters you're assuming that nothing is on CD, even if.

I have one stun break on a long CD.

Use it and I'm instantly re-stunned.

When I do get a KB off (which is also on a long CD) 9 times out of 10 it has no effect.

Add to that the fact that I'm heavily snared and can barely move and even when it does work, it does no good.

I have 1 stun, which they simply break as soon as I use it.

Problem is, they have multiple stuns and the ability to kill you before the stun wears off.

That is a big problem all of us (bountyhunter/troopers and all none stealth class have) :mad: unless of course you have a heal which most times you dont and yes im very sore about the range decrease on the electro Dart/cryo grenade :mad: but as with other things we got used to em like the 10% damage reduction on tracer missile which screwed mercs in pvp bad but all-in-all its still a great game :)

Edited by Snow_Hawk

I have both a Arsenal Merc and a Pyro PT. Of course I completely abandoned my Merc for PVP, even when she was spec'd as Pyro too.

Anyway I just noticed that electro dart change. True will still use on my close up enemies one thought came to mind...Snipers/Gunslingers. I use electro dart all the time to take them out of cover so I can Grapple them to me. I thought Snipers/Gunslingers owned me before now I'm totally useless against them if I cannot LOS Dot kill them.

GRRRR

I have both a Arsenal Merc and a Pyro PT. Of course I completely abandoned my Merc for PVP, even when she was spec'd as Pyro too.

Anyway I just noticed that electro dart change. True will still use on my close up enemies one thought came to mind...Snipers/Gunslingers. I use electro dart all the time to take them out of cover so I can Grapple them to me. I thought Snipers/Gunslingers owned me before now I'm totally useless against them if I cannot LOS Dot kill them.

GRRRR

A sad day indeed :(

No, it's not. Played for 4 months, but now I'm out. Suib ends tomorrow, so long crappy game and unresponsive devs. Enjoy your unemployment.

i can feel ur anger, and now 1.4 nerf is coming,

i do the same thing as u,

bw fail ppl again science da2.

It all just seems so odd to nerf Arsenal Mercs. Powertechs dont really care too much about the electro dart change I would imagine since they are so tough in melee anyways. But for us LONG RANGE mercs it really does suck. Rocket Punch again seems to favor Powertechs again since they are in close. So we get a lockout interrupt now that every class has.... zippity dooo! Now I can get interrupted AND locked out non stop by all classes as I try and get my tracer missiles out there for the heat signature. It is extremely rare that I scream nerf in a game but these changes make no sense.

There should be a talent put into the Arsenal tree that puts Electro Dart back to a 30m range. Or somewhere in the merc side of things I really don't care.

This just figures, I get full battlemaster and MH / OH War Hero on my first character and we get Rocket Punched right in the face. And not even the old Rocket Punch.... its the new crappy one where we get to sit there for 4 secs drooling..

I'll try to remember this each time a stealther proceedes to chain stun/kill me while I stand there spasming to death.

It's not that I can't do anything, it's just that I need to adapt!

This. Scoundrel has what, like 58,000 stuns? Merc has *one* useful one, now. Well, not even really useful, the 10m range is ridiculous. Also, rocket punch ***!? Okay. I use rocket punch on MELEE classes. Before, I could be like, "Oh ****, sentinel! *rocket punch and run away, then instantly get jumped again*" But, the difference is, I had at least a bit of time to get out of there, and I could take on a mara 1v1 decently with all my armor reductions (Arsenal). Now, when I use rocket punch, it ROOTS the MELEE class within MELEE range of me, a RANGED DPS CLASS. I AM NOT A POWERTECH. I AM NOT AN OPERATIVE. I AM A LONG-RANGED STATIC TURRET SHOOT YO *** OFF CLASS. Why did they try to make mercenaries get all close and personal!? That's PT's job!

It all just seems so odd to nerf Arsenal Mercs. Powertechs dont really care too much about the electro dart change I would imagine since they are so tough in melee anyways. But for us LONG RANGE mercs it really does suck. Rocket Punch again seems to favor Powertechs again since they are in close. So we get a lockout interrupt now that every class has.... zippity dooo! Now I can get interrupted AND locked out non stop by all classes as I try and get my tracer missiles out there for the heat signature. It is extremely rare that I scream nerf in a game but these changes make no sense.

There should be a talent put into the Arsenal tree that puts Electro Dart back to a 30m range. Or somewhere in the merc side of things I really don't care.

This just figures, I get full battlemaster and MH / OH War Hero on my first character and we get Rocket Punched right in the face. And not even the old Rocket Punch.... its the new crappy one where we get to sit there for 4 secs drooling..

Also is it me or did they change the tracer missile cast time? Before it was like 1.5 seconds or something, now it's 2... maybe I didn't spec into the alacrity. I dunno.

I'm just wondering when they give us lightsabers / vibroswords and acloser abilities like the rest of the melee classes.

The 20 meter nerf on electrodart, shame.

The root on rocket punch that will lose it's stun effect while pve with a companion as the companion continues it's attack. Turns into a waste of heat.

But hey, cut the electrocute to 10 meters forcing the healers closer and bring the snipers in to 10 meters, or 5, and everyone is melee, balance, see.

GRRRR

I agree completely about the electro dart/grapple comment. I pvped yesterday before reading the patch notes but the changes to my Pyrotech were obvious and infuriating. Having three major skills ranges reduced by 66% is total BS. Now Snipers and Smugglers in cover can just shred us because we can't stun them from range and lose two other good attacks that were great while closing the distance.

Once we finally get in range we get knocked back out immediately and have to work back in. Grapple is the only way to bring them closer. They could have at least given us Rocket Jump but only the tanks get that still.

It completely screws up my pvp play style and rotation. Feel like I should just quit my BH now.

Bioware really screwed us on this one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.