The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jump/Sprint for Pyros

BillEdwardz

All they need to do is make Grapple not add to resolve and allow it to affect those who are in full resolve. That will fix the lack of a gap closer. They could lower the cool down some, but I don't think it is needed because we can spec to reduce the cool down.

No, it won't fix the lack of gap closure, because PvP isn't the only side of this game. We still have exactly zero gap closers for anything that has any sort of boss immunity. Which is most stuff of consequence in PvE endgame.

Edited by Leovinus

No, it won't fix the lack of gap closure, because PvP isn't the only side of this game. We still have exactly zero gap closers for anything that has any sort of boss immunity. Which is most stuff of consequence in PvE endgame.

Even as a PvPer I agree with this. Changing Grapple does nothing to help those who run PvE content. Additionally, it will be "overpowered" and even more hated by the mobs out to lynch us.

Just give us all Jet Charge/Storm, BioWare.

While it wouldn't be ideal, because of the long grapple cooldown, it might help to make grapple act like the MGGS in situations where a mob has boss immunity. Physically it makes sense. If you grapple a brick wall, the wall isn't coming to you, you're sure as hell going to it with a strong enough pull on your line. And the best part is the animation is already there.

However, I still think a jet charge is the most viable option that makes sense (especially from a group gameplay standpoint), even if they take away my grapple at the same time.

While it wouldn't be ideal, because of the long grapple cooldown, it might help to make grapple act like the MGGS in situations where a mob has boss immunity. Physically it makes sense. If you grapple a brick wall, the wall isn't coming to you, you're sure as hell going to it with a strong enough pull on your line. And the best part is the animation is already there.

I would approve of this if only to be cool like Blizz! :jawa_cool:

Edited by DacRycar

They need to make Jet Charge a trainable ability that is available to all powertechs, instead of a skill that can be specced into by tanks only. It really is that simple.

YES! Please, BioWare, yes!

I'll accept any changes to ability range if it means we get a true gap closer like the other melee classes.

I'll even accept a stealth. /trollface

They need to make Jet Charge a trainable ability that is available to all powertechs, instead of a skill that can be specced into by tanks only. It really is that simple.

NO. That makes too much sense. The Vantechs must close the distance with their own two feet like real soldiers and warriors. Tanks only get a distance closer because the devs told the community it was a PvE spec and the community listened like the well-reasoned and logical individuals they are. This is working as intended.

I thought of something like this, with a CD change (down to 15s like Knights and Warriors or something like 20s like Force speed's CD), but as a counterpart, the grapple would go in tank tree in the previous place of the Jet Charge in the tank tree.

Edited by Altheran

YES! Please, BioWare, yes!

I'll accept any changes to ability range if it means we get a true gap closer like the other melee classes.

I'll even accept a stealth. /trollface

If my Powertech gets stealth I will make so many people ragequit this game BioWare will release a nerf specific to me and me only.