A question about Bounty Hunter armor

OldieHawnKinobi

Cool technological response... Cooling air hose off of a cooling air turbine in the jetpack that is powered by bleed air from the jet pack exhaust, thus providing air conditioning to the rest of the suit.

Sorry, I'm an aircraft mechanic and that just seemed like the most reasonable purpose for it to me. Or it could suck your chest sweat and use it for fuel... whatever your imagination desires, really. ;)

Edited by bahdasz

Cool technological response... Cooling air hose off of a cooling air turbine in the jetpack that is powered by bleed air from the jet pack exhaust, thus providing air conditioning to the rest of the suit.

Sorry, I'm an aircraft mechanic and that just seemed like the most reasonable purpose for it to me. Or it could suck your chest sweat and use it for fuel... whatever your imagination desires, really. ;)

I like this answer the best

But really it's just too look cool. It's like why do all the final fantasy characters have tons of buckles and straps? to look cool. In reality it would be incredibly impracticle.

But really it's just too look cool. It's like why do all the final fantasy characters have tons of buckles and straps? to look cool. In reality it would be incredibly impracticle.

I like this answer better than mine. Maybe it's a carrying strap?

Edited by bahdasz

Not sure if this belongs in lore/story but here goes.

What is the hose that runs from the chest to the jet pack for? It appears on some sets but not others.

Just asking to ask I suppose.

Thanks in advance.

If I were designing a real-life version of the bounty hunter armor (which I'm totally, 110% for reals not), I'd have two separate tanks inside the jetpack, which would really just be an ignition system and an exhaust port framed by the two fuel tanks. One tank would supply the jet pack and the other would fuel two different flamethrowers on two different hands. Which, if you watch the Powertech's Flame Sweep ability closely, you'll notice he has them. Though I would not put that fuel line out in the open like that where it's vulnerable to blaster fire and lightsabers.

I freely admit making room for flamethrowers and wrist-mounted rocket launchers on the same wrist is damn near impossible if you want rockets that actually cause damage. Of course, neither of them would work if you want full wrist motion. Because the barrels would have to extend completely over your hand to avoid burning it off with the flamethrower AND the rockets.

Modern technology sucks donkey nuts.

Most of the detailing on gear, equipment, etc. in the Star Wars films was really just there to look cool. The Visual Dictionaries made up explanations that sounded cool and extended the feel of the setting. So the hoses &c, while we can speculate, really are just there to make the armor look more interesting and suggest there is more going on than just putting a hard surface between yourself and something trying to hurt you.