Datacrons - Who, what, where, why, how...

Quidium

What are the guidelines on datacrons?

Random spawn or fixed position?

Does each area have one or is it one per planet?

When do the spawn or are they always there?

I understand what they do. How many are they?

These are some of my questions. I found one on Ord Mantell and in the Old Market on Coruscant. I see one in the Black Sun Area, but it is one a walkway that is unaccessable. This is why I wonder if they are random spawn once you meet the parameters.

Cheers,

Quid

fixed point.

each planet has a set amount, each one is a static stat(If you find one on one planet, you can go back on any and every character, it will give you the same thing)

the amount each planet has varies.

they're always there. They act more like an NPC then a usable item.

Edited by acheros

These are some of my questions. I found one on Ord Mantell and in the Old Market on Coruscant. I see one in the Black Sun Area, but it is one a walkway that is unaccessable. This is why I wonder if they are random spawn once you meet the parameters.

Cheers,

Quid

My understanding is that they are explorer rewards, you need to explore the whole map. I have found more than one on two planets so far. Telling you where i found them would spoil all the fun for you, though I am sure somebody already made a map for them or soon will have a map to party pooper it

Edited by Baizak

My understanding is that they are explorer rewards, you need to explore the whole map. I have found more than one on two planets so far. Telling you where i found them would spoil all the fun for you, though I am sure somebody already a map or soon will have a map to party pooper it

also false.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/

theres a list of datacrons - I don't know if its complete or not. It seems like a rather small list. If you click on the planet it will show you maps and things of how to get to them.

Cheers,

Quid

Fixed and you have to explore to find them, sometimes you need to dust up your mario bro. skills and jump up and down on boxes and pipes... which reminds me, you can get to them all incl. the one in Black Sun area ;)