World Drop mechanics?

HibashiraSakai

Can someone explain the mechanics of world drop?

I'm trying to get my hands on a set of customizable armor (orange). TORHead, Tor-Fashion, etc. all listed some of the pieces as world drop. Besides camping GTN, which I have been doig daily for a month, how would I go about farming each pieces?

If by world drop you mean simply it will drop from an enemy on a specific world, then all you do is the following:

1. Go to that world (if you don't know which world then look at that planets lvl range, it's no good looking for lvl 40 gear on Tatooine)

2. Run around killing mobs

3. If you're lucky or patient enough eventually you'll get your loot.

Obviously there are some things you can do to to improve your chances:

1. Good loot is more likely to drop from Elites, so target them

2. Target mobs of the same level as the gear you are after, lvl 40 gear is not likely to drop from a lvl 38 mob.

3. Heroic Mobs have a better chance of good gear drop although you might have to share it with a group.

Have you checked out the social gear, it's orange and mod-able, or is there a particular orange set you were after?

Edited by magi_melcior

I'm trying to collect a suit of TT-17A Hydra armor (have 3 of 7 so far) for my BH and I'm missing the Saber Marshal's Boots for my Assassin.

The one I'm actively working on is the Saber Marshal's Boots. I've been farming in Tatooine for 3 weeks now. Some site suggest farming for comm and trade for the Protoype boxes/cases from the Equipment Commendation vendor. I've gotten a lot of blues and oranges by I don't actually under that mechanics either so I'm not even sure I'm trading for the right box/case.