Races

hogroth

I think that Bioware should in memorial to Star Wars Galaxies make all of the playable races in Galaxies playable in SWTOR.:mon_cool:

As great a suggestion as that is, and SWG was a good game(in the beginning), BW has to be really careful from a customer, technological and canonical point of view when creating things for SWTOR or any other project.

I just don't see that happening.

They should at least put some more iconic races some of the more non human looking races i do feel that the cyborg was a wasted opportunity i feel that i either should of been a feature on the human or have been able to add more robotic parts other than the face Edited by hogroth

They are adding the Cathar if that makes you feel any better and I wouldnt worry to much about this. BioWare stated that they will add more Species choices to the game and adding the Cathar as a choice is a step in the right direction, well at east to me anyway. Also as someone else stated not all of the iconic Species from SWG can be used in TOR because some of them were not even discovered or not made contact with the Galactic Republic or Sith Empire yet (So yes BioWare has to be careful in reguards to this when adding new species choices). The Chiss are a perfect example of this. Yes people knew they existed however the Republic never made first contact with their government ruling body in fact even during the Galactic Civil War and afterwards no one really knew where the Species came from in fact Grand Admiral Thrawn was the only known member of his species when he took over command of the remnants of the Imperial Fleet. At least thats what the New Republic thought until Luke reported on what he and Mara discovered in the Unknown Regions. During the time TOR is set the Chiss had been contacted by the Empire and many were inducted into the Military or became Intelligence agents, but the people as a whole were allies of the Sith Empire not actually a part of it.

I understand that not all of the races can be used and i know that they are starting to add more races but i feel that the ones they are adding are too human like it could be that my knowledge on that era is lacking but and im sure that im not the only one that feels this way that when I play a sci-fi game of this sorts I tend to stay away from human looking races and if my knowledge serves me right there were some non human looking races in the known galaxy at the time span of TOR and i understand that it takes awhile to add things like this im put it as more of a suggestion than a complaint because I do like all the races that they did have at launch im just saying that their new additions should be more non human looking i would even like to have a droid race i think that would be very interesting and you could do a lot with a droid race

Part of the balance Bioware has to walk here is that the race in question has to be humanoid enough to fit into the armors that are provided, otherwise come up with a dozen-or-more versions of the same piece.

This also applies to most NPCs, unfortunately in my opinion (as it leaves the game's diversity woefully lacking save a few areas), as they must also deal with animation issues.

The story route they've taken necesitates a basic-speaking protagonist (leaving out any species unable to speak basic) who would make sense to romance a humanoid partner (NPCs and Companions alike.

Among them being human, cyborg, twilek, zabrack, Nadia's species, Cathar, and Togruta (the last three currently not playable). We have confirmation of Cathar, and Togruta probably won't be far behind.

Realistically I see Nautolan, Togruta, and a few others joining the playable roster.

If that is the case i can name a few races that would fit the bill Houk, Gungan, Neimoidian, Rodians can speak basic, and i apologize if some of those races weren't around at the time period of TOR but i was just naming a few that were human looking and spoke basic

if that is the case i can name a few races that would fit the bill houk, gungan, neimoidian, rodians can speak basic, and i apologize if some of those races weren't around at the time period of tor but i was just naming a few that were human looking and spoke basic

yes houk:d

Togruta and maybe Chagrian will probably be playable eventually. There are some easy species like Falleen and Zeltron they could add. Nautolan would be nice to see, and may make it due to popularity. If they really want to go above and beyond I'd like to see species like Devaronian, Weequay, Duros and Rodian get added but I'm not counting on it.

• 2 weeks later...