Puzzling damage disparity

Mechrophilia

I haven't tanked an operation as a Vanguard, but one thing comes to mind immediately:

Your Vanguard has one defensive cooldown, and its on a 2-minute cooldown.

Your Shadow has more than one defensive cooldown on shorter cooldowns.

Edited by DacRycar

How are your Powertechs Defensive stats allocated?

They should be (around) 15% Defensive chance, 55% shield chance, and 60% absorb.

(i'm @ 16%, 56%, 62%)

As you see a Powertechs Defensive chance is rather low, so the other two tanking classes tend to avoid damage totally a good 10-20% more than a Powertech. BUT the Powertech should have high shield/absorb, so they should be taking smaller amounts of damage vs. the other two tanking classes, with very little spike damage.

It is super easy to heal a Powertech tank because there is little spike, and they loose health in small bits instead of huge chunks.

Being heavy armor vs. light (even w/ the armor buff to Assassins) the Powertech should mitigate a tad more damage as well.

I know I personally love healing a well geared, well played Powertech, as I know if they are at 3/4 health and I have to heal someone else, they won't suddenly take a massive spike of damage and be dead before I can get back to them.

Make sure they are using their Flame Burst to build the 4 stacks of +2% absorb each and keeping that up at all times. On my Powertech that keeps me at 70% absorb during the fight, and when my Relic procs (Campaign Absorb one) I am closer to 78% absorb.

Oil slick, and proper use of their Defensive CD's are also import. For example I try to cycle my Shield and my Armor adrenal +Hot when I am tanking Zorn and Toth is about to leap to me. There is a pretty big spike at that point, and that really helps out the healers.

Another question would be during the swap, if they are tanking Zorn and Toth leaps over, are they still hitting Zorn or are they immediately swapping targets and hitting Toth. I know even one or two hits on Zorn when you get Fearfull really makes the healers job rough. We had one player that used to tank for us that always hit Zorn a few times during the swap and ended up at half health constantly because of it.

It is probably a combination of all of the above and your tank just needs some practice and minor gear tweaks.

Hope I helped.

(Edit: make sure your Powertech has removed all those worthless Accuracy Enhanments because they are not needed at all as a tank <only auto attack and RailShot are Range attacks IIRC> and you are gimping your Shield chance a bunch by using them)

(Edit:Edit: also make sure the Powertech is not on Stormcaller during the Tanks fight. Due to the type of damage, an Assassin or Jug is a better pick)

Edited by Lutese