star wars books

TheManAndres

so months ago I made a post asking about star wars books, as I was new to the forums I didn't know how the whole subscribe thing was so I lost the thread anyway since then I finally got and read the Darth Bane trilogy and I'm moving on to the Thrawn trilogy and I was wondering what book should I read next?:)

At the moment I'm just waiting for the first book of the Thrawn trilogy to come back:(

If you want books that tie into TOR directly read Fatal Alliance, Deception, and Revan. The Sith Intro movie in TOR is a recreation of a battle in the books where the jedi temple is sacked. Revan ties into the Taral V/ Maelstrom prison flashpoints (jedi prisoner sequence for the republic players). They are not nearly as good as the Timothy Zahn books but to fill in the lore from this game.

If your an fan of Sidious and that - read Darth Plageius - its sort of a prequel to the Phantom Menance and has a lot of interesting stuff e.g. Palaptine's rise to power as both an sith and a politician.

Also fills in some info about 'Darth Plageius the Wise'

Very well written, highly recommend it.

I recommend reading Outbound Flight (prequel to The Thrawn Trilogy). After that read sequels to The Thrawn Trilogy, The Hand of Thrawn Duology (which includes Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future) and Survivor's Quest.

Do yourself a favour though: read Outbound Flight last. Read those in publication order (basically move Outbound Flight to the end).

The reason I say that is that there is a mystery in Survivor's Quest that is basically given away in Outbound Flight.

If you want to go by the timeline, I recommend staying with the SW movies-era timeline and then continuing on into post-ROTJ, starting with the Jedi Apprentice series and moving up aaaaaaaalll the way to Fate of the Jedi. Though I stopped at the end of the Legacy because my favorite redhead died.

As above stated, the Plaguis story is really good. It fills alot of blanks into the movies, like where Darth Maul comes from or how indeed Sidious rises to power.

Myself, I love the clone wars era, so I got my hands on the complete Republic Commando series (Hard Contact, Tripple Zero, True Colors, Order 66) and the Imperial Commando (follow up on Order 66). Karen Traviss really wrote those well, but due to a conflict with LucasArts or DelRey publishers (forgot which one), she stopped writting for them (tad sad, cause there was a 6th book in the making, and I love to see how the story would end up)

Next to that, the series introduces us to the Jedi that are never mentioned in the movies, such as Bardan Jusik, Arigilan Zey and Etain Tur-Mukan and how their feelings are towards the Jedi themselves.

Another serie i recommend is the MedStar novels. There are 2 of them. They are about the Trial of Bariss Offee, a padawan in the time of the Clone Wars (she made an appearance in the AofC movie in the Geonosis Arena) .. It tells the story from her being as a Jedi Healer on Drongar, between the people there. I found these two books fascinating cause not only it explains her path, but you get introduced in how sociaty reacts on Jedi, be it healer or jedi minder.

Edited by DorvallaCao