Parallels Between Jedi Order And BoS?

CephalicRex

BoS is the abbreviation for a Fallout faction called the Brotherhood of Steel.

Anyway, for those that don't know, the Brotherhood is group of people with highly advanced weaponry ame amor .hT are sworn to protect knowledge and technology and herald the advancement of human progress in a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland. They tend to be very selective of whom they initiate into their ranks. Those that do are even bestowed the ranks of "knights" and "paladins". They fight the evil enclave which seeks to use technology to further their evil goals, and there is even splinter faction within the brotherhood known as the "outcasts" that wild similar armor and technology that don't agree with the main factions ambitions (entirely).

Anyway, I remember playing Fallout 3 a while back and my impression was, "these guys are pretty much jedi with guns". Not in the strictest sense, but as I illustrated some parallels seem to be apparent. Anyway, I'm wondering is if anyone had a similar reaction or if I'm just seeing things that aren't there.

BoS is the abbreviation for a Fallout faction called the Brotherhood of Steel.

Anyway, for those that don't know, the Brotherhood is group of people with highly advanced weaponry ame amor .hT are sworn to protect knowledge and technology and herald the advancement of human progress in a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland. They tend to be very selective of whom they initiate into their ranks. Those that do are even bestowed the ranks of "knights" and "paladins". They fight the evil enclave which seeks to use technology to further their evil goals, and there is even splinter faction within the brotherhood known as the "outcasts" that wild similar armor and technology that don't agree with the main factions ambitions (entirely).

Anyway, I remember playing Fallout 3 a while back and my impression was, "these guys are pretty much jedi with guns". Not in the strictest sense, but as I illustrated some parallels seem to be apparent. Anyway, I'm wondering is if anyone had a similar reaction or if I'm just seeing things that aren't there.

The Brotherhood of Steel are ***** in Fallout 1. They flatout try to get you killed when you ask to join them. The group in Fallout 3 is broke off from the main group and have their own ideas and whatnot. The outcasts wondering the wastes remain true to the real Brotherhood of Steel and their ideals.

Yeah, I am aware of this which is why I mentioned my experience in F3. So for discussions sake, let us keep it confined to the capital wasteland's faction.

I agree though. The western and Midwestern segments are huge jerks.

Edited by CephalicRex

Yeah, I am aware of this which is why I mentioned my experience in F3. So for discussions sake, let us keep it confined to the capital wasteland's faction.

My bad, I thought you meant the Brotherhood as a whole. :D

Edited by Tuscad

No, the mistake is mine for not making it more clear which segment I was talking about. To someone who isn't familiar with the series, it makes no difference for our discussion's sake. However, to someone that knows the universe as you or I, it makes a world of difference.

Umm. No, not much. BoS are guardians and well, yes, peacekeepers too, that's right, but they have their own goals and ways how to achieve them. Jedies are extremist in this point, they want good for all beings no matter what, only peace and bla bla. BoS are racional group of guys. That's the reason why they don't share "their" technology or knowledge with almost anyone. They know that most of people are just *** and don't deserve anything.

Umm. No, not much. BoS are guardians and well, yes, peacekeepers too, that's right, but they have their own goals and ways how to achieve them. Jedies are extremist in this point, they want good for all beings no matter what, only peace and bla bla.

Jedi is the plural of Jedi.

They're not extremists. They don't try to kill someone for not wanting peace.

Killing is either the last resort, or when it's the only choice available.

BoS are racional group of guys. That's the reason why they don't share "their" technology or knowledge with almost anyone. They know that most of people are just *** and don't deserve anything.

The BoS (disregarding the Washington "sect" and the ones from Fallout Tactics) are not exactly rational.

It's exceptionally rare to become one of them if you're from outside the Brotherhood.

They zealously take by force and scavenging, any technology of a sufficiently advenced level in the pretense of "guarding" it.

As far as they're concerned, if you're not human and mutated by the wasteland, you're shot on sight.

The "true" Brotherhood are closer to the Sith than the Jedi Order, with only the Enclave being closer in comparison to the Sith than the "true" Brotherhood.