Sawbones PVP gear?

MOKSound

You obviously play against scrubs. Try playing against a sage or two on top of their game. They'll keep you as focus and interrupt you from range on cooldown without ever laying a finger on you. I'm sure that .16 seconds or w/e will change that somehow when most interrupts are done in the first 1-1.5 secs.

They'll swap targets after you're dead because you relied so heavily on an alacrity build. You don't understand that the extra healing that your heals are doing on crits make up for the hps you lose on UWM/ds.

If you want to call my healing talent into question we can compare screenshots.

I survive just fine thanks: http://i.imgur.com/rfxU8.jpg

I'm sure 3% extra healing on your crits makes such a HUGE difference.

Obviously everyone on my server must be worse than yours. Seriously get over yourself.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I survive just fine thanks: http://i.imgur.com/rfxU8.jpg

I'm sure 3% extra healing on your crits makes such a HUGE difference.

Obviously everyone on my server must be worse than yours. Seriously get over yourself.

You came here calling him stupid for not believing what you believe, then tell me to get over myself? lawl

I hope that isn't your most impressive screenshot.

You came here calling him stupid for not believing what you believe, then tell me to get over myself? lawl

I hope that isn't your most impressive screenshot.

I didn't call him stupid, I said having 0 alacrity is stupid.

You're the one who thinks everyone but you plays against scrub teams, I mean seriously.

Show me one where you take more damage without deaths then, I only posted that because apparently I die all the time because I don't stack surge.

Edited by Truescopes

I didn't call him stupid, I said having 0 alacrity is stupid.

You're the one who thinks everyone but you plays against scrub teams, I mean seriously.

Show me one where you take more damage without deaths then, I only posted that because apparently I die all the time because I don't stack surge.

I play against scrub teams, just like anyone else. I am referring to the times where you aren't playing against those teams is where it matters. Would you rather have more throughput against bad teams or good teams?

I was talking about mass survival, not just yourself. You have 0 deaths can be from a number of variables.....you're a good healer, your team had other good healers, you had a great tank, the other team's dps was terrible, etc....It can be from 1 or a combination of those. Looking at your SS, I'd say it was a combination of 1, little of 2, and some of 4. The reason you won't see my dmg taken sky rocket is because I roll with a tank usually. I get focused enough through name recognition that it is necessary to make the team work. That's why a lot of the tanks from my server have dmg taken/protection records. I'm in a lot of those games, or runner ups. I like to think my performance is made possible by their help.

Bottom line is this....if you want to run alacrity and it fits your playstyle, then fine. I choose to neglect it at this point in time for the reasons I've stated before. Personally, I think no matter which way you go, you can be a good healer and put up decent numbers. Afterall, we are talking small %s here, not 40-50% more healing.

Bottom line is this....if you want to run alacrity and it fits your playstyle, then fine. I choose to neglect it at this point in time for the reasons I've stated before. Personally, I think no matter which way you go, you can be a good healer and put up decent numbers. Afterall, we are talking small %s here, not 40-50% more healing.

wow, you surprised me with this.

Didn't expect an answer like this from you.

But it's not about numbers. Numbers means *********** nothing. I tried your healing style yesterday, when I got focused more than usual. It *********** sucked. Sure I got higher numbers than I usually do, but my team died oh OH so much more because i rarely used UWM/KI. They were complaining lol, especially the PTs.

We're saying that the MASS SURVIVAL as you pointed out is better with alacrity and using underworld medicine. No matter how much focus you get. You never get focused 100% of the time, or your positioning is wrong. You think btw we don't have name recognition? We've been proving ourselves in RWZ and normal WZ for a looong time.

Edited by Aerilas

I've followed this thread for a while now - Lighten up people - and I think that both sides have a few good arguments, but both sides are also wrong about a few things.

First off, I agree with the OP: Alacrity is useless. Don't cast UW enough to justify 200 stat points to bring the cast time from 2.0 to 1.8 seconds.

But, agree with the naysayers that there's no where else to put it. In WH you've got about ~500 stat points going into either Alacrity or Surge, bottom line. The DRs on both hit hard at ~200, so you mize well end up at about 250 each.

I would love to ditch my Alacrity for Power or Mainstat, but it can't happen, so the debate is a wash. You wind up at 250/250.

IMHO, this is a developer flaw - why give us 500 stat when a max of 400 is usefull in that particular spot? As the game matures and stat creep continues, they have to move the DR curves with it, or most secondary stats will become irrelevant.

As far as carrying endurance, that's a preference thing. The best healer on my server wears fortitude augments. He might know something I don't, and probably does. But the bottom line is that the only stat you can trade with ALAC on your enhancements is Surge, and Surge has the worst DR of them all. So we wind up at 250 ALAC / 250 SUR. That's it.

p.s. I would like to see a link to the OP's asmrbobot gear layout, just saying.

• 1 month later...
Does 2.0 and the changes to alacrity change anything? Or will it still be the same?

Yes alacrity will be used even for those that neglected it before. I'm not sure where the breakdown occurs, my guess is after hitting the surge soft cap you'll want to go alacrity.

Yes alacrity will be used even for those that neglected it before. I'm not sure where the breakdown occurs, my guess is after hitting the surge soft cap you'll want to go alacrity.

is t here any knowledge to what the caps on all stats are? soft and hard?

shame, i would love to know how to gear up before release

You know the foundation. Surge till soft cap, then go alacrity. The only real decision is crit vs power with the crit changes. The crit changes also affect the value of surge, but I don't anticipate it making you get less than the soft cap.

Might be some merit in a power/alacrity build if crit and surge go down the drain.

You know the foundation. Surge till soft cap, then go alacrity. The only real decision is crit vs power with the crit changes. The crit changes also affect the value of surge, but I don't anticipate it making you get less than the soft cap.

Might be some merit in a power/alacrity build if crit and surge go down the drain.

yeah sure ^^ but always fun to know the actual numbers.

we'll see in the upcoming weeks i guess

yeah sure ^^ but always fun to know the actual numbers.

we'll see in the upcoming weeks i guess

This is a big problem I see in this game. Ppl want the numbers from others and take them as the Word of God. Know how much I believed without testing myself only to find out that the person that told me was wrong? Even if I told you the breakdown of what you "should" get, you still need to test it yourself. Do the math while tweaking numbers and figure out how to min/max. Always better IMO.