thoughts on star wars battlefront 3

LIEUTDARMAN

i think they spread a rumor that battlefront 3 was cancelled so they werent asked about it all the time i remember a few companies did that so when the game was announced people are like what it was cancelled. but i think battlefront 3 will come out cause i saw a few gamplay videos uploaded recently and ii think the game will be awesome:D

by looking at the prieview graphics and the interaction with the inviroment will make it better than the second because didnt that come out around 2004

Edited by LIEUTDARMAN
wasnt done

i just heard it two days ago though i dont know how long its been "cancelled"

It's been cancelled many times over the years due to loss of funds and other reasons. The final nail was about to years ago or so. The last cancellation really occured due to Pandemic being dropped by Lucasarts. One of my good friends who used to work for Pandemic used to tell me all about BF3's progress and eventual cancellation, hell he even knew the guy who leaked the first gameplay trailer haha; he was also responsible for the Jedi Starfighter bug that allowed one to walk on the exterior of your ship in space (I always thanked him for that funny bug to slide).

But in the end, you're just really, really out of the loop OP.

Edited by Eillack

i think they spread a rumor that battlefront 3 was cancelled so they werent asked about it all the time i remember a few companies did that so when the game was announced people are like what it was cancelled. but i think battlefront 3 will come out cause i saw a few gamplay videos uploaded recently and ii think the game will be awesome:D

by looking at the prieview graphics and the interaction with the inviroment will make it better than the second because didnt that come out around 2004

Now if only bioware can adapt some of those wonderful toys to SWTOR and everyone will flock to it. Seriously who wouldn't to be in bomber blowing a sith ship up or intercepter taking out republic scum?

Or just stomping on guys in those old fashioned AT's?

There are mods for this on Filefront - as well as the Thrawn's Revenge mod which is epic and a game in it's own right.

Battlefront 3 would be nice - but Elite Squadron caused scars in the series that are diffivult to overcome.

Elite Squadron was Battlefront 3's story. Both have Falon Grey, both have the Blue Jedi Master, both have the same levels and planets, both have the same playable character, both have the same missions for the most part. For some stupid reason the crappy handheld ports were saved and the console versions were not.

Edited by Tuscad

I still think Battlefront 3 could happen, but it is increasingly becoming less likely. It's still a potential money earner but the longer it becomes between the gap of the last one and the possibility of a new one the less money it is likely to earn for whoever creates it.

I still think Battlefront 3 could happen, but it is increasingly becoming less likely. It's still a potential money earner but the longer it becomes between the gap of the last one and the possibility of a new one the less money it is likely to earn for whoever creates it.

It's still cancelled.

There are mods for this on Filefront - as well as the Thrawn's Revenge mod which is epic and a game in it's own right.

Battlefront 3 would be nice - but Elite Squadron caused scars in the series that are diffivult to overcome.

i know but actually i mean make the mod like swtor i know they made a mantis mod

It would make a lot of money. Especially with the current generation's console graphics and capabilities. They could do stuff that was hypothetical on a PS2/XBox. But really, to me Star Wars is like one of the biggest cash cows in the entertainment industry anyway and the fact it was canceled is just absolutely repulsive from a business perspective. Maybe next gen will see a B3. Think of how good it will be then... *poops self* Edited by CephalicRex

• 1 month later...

i know but if they graphics and ships were made better it be awesome

If they make a Battlefront 3 it will definitely be made by a new developer since Pandemic Studios was closed down. Pandemic was in the midst of developing a game for The Dark Knight when they were shut down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic_Studios

The NECRO is strong with this thread.

-------------------------------------

And to be honest, one of my friends before losing his job at Pandemic, showed me the gist of how far BF3 was form completion...it was maybe the late Alpha stage if not early Beta.

Overall Battlefront 3 was litterally all the games combined and followed the story of the PSP games.

I can't recall how many times BF3 was cancelled due ot funds, etc, but when Pandemic was dropped that kind of put the final nail in the coffin I think.

Edited by Eillack