The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

First time Jugg

crazysam

So I have a lv 20 jugg(immortal) in almost all artifact gear set for lv 16+

I have more hp and str than most warriors 5-6 level Higher than me, but when it comes to soloing I feel like im doing **** all damage to the mobs wich is a real pain in the ***!!!

I know this is due to my "immortal" spec, but I dont see how I can let it go if I want to be an effective Tank in FP's.

Any idea how to make it a bit less boring?

So I have a lv 20 jugg(immortal) in almost all artifact gear set for lv 16+

I have more hp and str than most warriors 5-6 level Higher than me, but when it comes to soloing I feel like im doing **** all damage to the mobs wich is a real pain in the ***!!!

I know this is due to my "immortal" spec, but I dont see how I can let it go if I want to be an effective Tank in FP's.

Any idea how to make it a bit less boring?

Unfortunately, the only way to level effectively as immortal jug is use your healer pet and only your healer pet once you get him. This means that you never die but the fights take forever. You are starting to get to the point in the game where you are going to start seeing def shield and absorb on your gear. If your gear has no crit, acc, power etc you wont be doing any damage. It doesn't matter what spec you are if you have tank gear you will have tank damage (no damage).

The best way I can think of to level as tank is to get a buddy. If they go heals, even better. You can queue for FP all day and get nearly instant queue pops. I luckily started with 2 friends and we played as a trio all the way to Belsavis. This will also let you get used to tanking.

Or failing that simply respec to vengeance or rage while levelling with quinn as your companion and steam roll through until level 50 then respec to tank. Will probably be a lot faster but you won't get the tanking experience of course. But you can tank FPs till your hearts content at 50 anyway.

you are in a tough spot. prior to 1.3, it wasn't that bad. but Immortal took a nasty hit on personal DPS, which really impacts your killing potential.

On a flip note: I'm currently tanking most the HM's in vengeance spec with tank gear and Soresu. most of that is me outgearing the instances, but with the current vengeance tree setup, you'd be surprised at how much mitigation you get. My suggestion is to start pumping defensive stats into your gear, and respec vengeance. or run up the immortal tree until you get invincible, then start in the vengeance tree. Id just run up vengeance, and gear up for defensive stats. the biggest benefit (imo) in the immortal tree right now is the stun you get, the instant force choke, and the extra rage from soresu. but you don't get those till very high in the tree...so you'd need to be 35 or higher to get all those benefits.

Vengeance has a ton of juicy DPS (read threat), more rage then you know what to do with (in Shien form), and enough mitigation skills that you'll probably be fine for most lower level tanking situations. and you'll kill stuff faster when solo.

I've tried a few hybrid builds, and this one I like the best for a 60/40 playstyle (60% solo, 40% groups):

18/23/0

there are a few others, but i like this one because it gets the best from the vengeance tree (reduced scream CD, unstoppable, etc), and you get the benefit of insta-choke and your sonic barrier. I would start in the vengeance tree though, and work up to impale/deafening defense. then start up the immortal tree. then you would use Shien form for solo work (and run with Quinn if you want trouble free mowing down of mobs), and then switch over to Soresu for your tanking instances.

20's in general can feel slow for juggs. Vengeance has a great rage production by that time, but not many skills to spend it on (you end up spamming vicious slash allot). Rage gets obliterate, but suffers from rage production early on. Immortal just sucks balls. once you hit 30 though, they start to take off (except immortal...it's still blowing a dead goat, though some of its control is really nice). rage start to produce super smashes, and vengeance starts to shine with impale and all it's bleeds (and a free smash is golden). so stick it out man. roll vengeance, stick with quinn at the moment, and it gets better. much better

Edited by Elyx