can't there only be two siths at a time?

turnoverla-page

This was before the "Rule of Two". Basically over the next couple of thousands years the sith came back, got defeated, came back, got defeated etc. Mainly because they were too busy in-fighting to actual fight their opponents.

So eventually sith lord called Bane had enough, killed all the Sith and started a new sith order where their can only be two sith. A master and an apprentice - to avoid all the chaos. And instead of taking a direct approach they would work in the background and manipulate people to gain power - like Palpatine did.

I hope that didn't sound patronizing but I didn't want to get into too much detail about it all - hope this helps

(you may remember from the phantom menace that Yoda said the sith had evolved, this is what he was talking about)

this confused me, i think the movie must mean sith lords

This game is set thousands of years before the movies. At this age, the Sith are still many. Later on, they will get defeated so badly that a Sith Lord called Darth Bane would reinvent the Sith Order into the form you know from the movies (only two Sith at a time, a master and an apprentice, working more behind the scenes rather than facing the Jedi in an open fight).

yes they work behind the scenes but the reason is that they are also honing their craft, as the only way to become the master as the apprentice is if your master dies or you kill him. This is to ensure that only the strong survives and that with each sucession that the Sith Order becomes more powerful. Also Bane believed that the dark side was finite, so narrowing it to only two focuses the darkside instead of it being spread over many sith. This all culminates to the most powerful sith in the recorded EU Lord Sidious.

Yes the rule of two applies up to when Darth Plagueis dies.You will see this more clearly in S5 of clone wars

when Sidious takes on Maul and Savage. But after this when Sidious takes over the rule of two is gone, like also

Plagieus wanted.Also when the lost sith tribe comes it's really gone i guess.I'm only on book 7 on fate of the jedi so i dont know whats going on after that.

This game is set thousands of years before the movies. At this age, the Sith are still many. Later on, they will get defeated so badly that a Sith Lord called Darth Bane would reinvent the Sith Order into the form you know from the movies (only two Sith at a time, a master and an apprentice, working more behind the scenes rather than facing the Jedi in an open fight).

They were not defeated so badly...Bane destroyed them all on purpose just before the Brotherhood was about to exterminate all the Army of light and the General Hoth!!

They were not defeated so badly...Bane destroyed them all on purpose just before the Brotherhood was about to exterminate all the Army of light and the General Hoth!!

If I remember correctly, the Army of Light wasn't doing that bad at the Battle of Ruusan. I think at one point, they started winning. Not sure, though. I'll need to pick up that book again.

If I remember correctly, the Army of Light wasn't doing that bad at the Battle of Ruusan. I think at one point, they started winning. Not sure, though. I'll need to pick up that book again.

Nah the brotherhood had several speeders to give them air superiority and Hoth's guards were falling one by one.

They ambushed them after setting the forest on fire and everything ;)

Nah the brotherhood had several speeders to give them air superiority and Hoth's guards were falling one by one.

They ambushed them after setting the forest on fire and everything ;)

Well, then the Jedi should thank Bane. At least they could if it weren't for that whole Rule of Two thing.

Well, then the Jedi should thank Bane. At least they could if it weren't for that whole Rule of Two thing.

Ya, but I think Bane should have let the Brotherhood kill the Army of light before killing all the Sith :(

2 birds with one rock!

Yes, they were defeated badly. I didn't say they were defeated badly by the Jedi. As always, the Sith destroyed themselves. So, yeah, Bane and Kaan take the credit, not the Army of Light.