Companion

Rooff

Is it worthwhile to give that droid on your ship gifts? I assume every class gets him (or someone like him) so he's not a 'real' companion.

I personally haven't raised my droids affection but I guess if you found a way to, it'd give more presence which would make every companion better..

Edited by Occide

I heard it does, but it seems to me like now that I got blizz to max affection, he can no longer hold aggro with more than 1 mob at a time. But maybe that's just the bad AI.

Blizz?

I doubt it's related to max affection. Check your companion abilities. The default to expand the tool bar is ` (the key to the right of 1)

If you have him in a damage stance instead of tanking, he won't hold aggro as well but will do somewhat more damage.

Also make sure your companion's gear is up to date. Affection means nothing if they are still wearing trash gear.

Affection only improves Presence in an indirect way: when you finish a companion story (for which you have to raise his / her affection close to max level), you get a Legacy buff that raises the Presence of all your characters. Ship droids are NOT included in this.

However, if you want to craft with them at all (and the craft bonus sensors make this a good idea), you'll want to raise his affection to max as well (more affection means less faliures, less time and more criticals). Both droids love Cultural artifacts, favor Technology, and like Luxury items; C2-N2 likes Republic memorabilia and 2V-R8 likes Imperial memorabilia.

As for Blizz and aggro; I think they changed something lately and now the companions area of effect abilities are desactivated my default. This is good because they tend to break CC all the time, but you may want to manually activate or use them if you want Blizz to tank groups of mobs. Expand his toolbar and verify that his AoE abilities are activated.

As for Blizz and aggro; I think they changed something lately and now the companions area of effect abilities are desactivated my default. This is good because they tend to break CC all the time, but you may want to manually activate or use them if you want Blizz to tank groups of mobs. Expand his toolbar and verify that his AoE abilities are activated.

AOE's are seperate from taunts. I know Bowdaar has a flare that does no damage, but keeps mobs agroed pretty well.

It's possible there has been a change. I mainly run with Risha now, who has no taunts, and aoe's are always turned off because I rely heavily on CC's when dealing with multiple elites. It was far easier to gear her in Rakata as my guild allows everyone to need for off-spec. So she wears my dps gear. :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.