Astronomers discovered Tatooine

Vugluskr

I have always thought this. What if Star Wars was real and the force is the "dark matter" that beings could control and the planets they just discovered are in the Star Wars galaxy? "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away". Well, when we pear into space we are looking far back in time. Very far. How's that for a catch huh? Anyway..just a dream of mine :p

It is possible we as a species just haven't been able to open our eyes yet to the force (or whatever it really is)

Once we're able to consciously perceive it, then it could be manipulated. Maybe people already have and they were scooped off the planet incognito-like to go and fight intergalctic battles with our awaken brethren on other worlds. One can imagine.

Kepler is always discovering new planets and binary star systems, but I think a binary system with orbiting planets is a new one as far as astronomy is concerned.

Hmm it's just that I remembered from years ago that a world similar to Tatooine was found...Hm I just don't know, all of this is literally deja'vu to me.

I have always thought this. What if Star Wars was real and the force is the "dark matter" that beings could control and the planets they just discovered are in the Star Wars galaxy? "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away". Well, when we pear into space we are looking far back in time. Very far. How's that for a catch huh? Anyway..just a dream of mine :p

First time I heard about "Dark matter" and "Dark energy" and all the mysteries surronding them, considering the scientific community is considering them to be playing a major role in how all matter are bound togheter, I keep thinking whats our world and civilization will look in 10-20 thousand years!!!

Lot of poeple are claiming to have paranormal abilities such as telekinesis, foresight, telephatie etc etc and from my experience, we all in a certain moment of our lives, experienced such things, but we just couldnt control it as it was a result of an intense emotional event. I will write down my own "experience" and feel free to share yours if you want!

My first paranormal experience was when I was 8, I had strange visions everytime I went to bed and these visions kept me from sleeping for months. I wont describe the visions, but they were extremely troubling and VERY detailed. I was seeing everthing in them with a better vision than I did with my eyes opened!

My second experience was of a totally different kind. I was 13 and during vacations with my family, I felt deeply inside me and with unshakable certitude that someone, that precise day, someone would die! Couple hours later 2 members of my family died and 1-2 minutes before I had intense fear paralazing me and everything around became dark. At this point nothing could have made me suspect the event, but for some reason I felt it!

I had several discussions with friends who shared with me their experiences and I know that we all have something mystic inside us, but we just dont have the ability to use it.

Maybe in 10-20 thousands years these strange "abilities" will evolve and we will be able to use them?

What do you think?

P.S.: Sorry for that story about my family ;) Hope the mods dont delet my post!!

First time I heard about "Dark matter" and "Dark energy" and all the mysteries surronding them, considering the scientific community is considering them to be playing a major role in how all matter are bound togheter, I keep thinking whats our world and civilization will look in 10-20 thousand years!!!

Lot of poeple are claiming to have paranormal abilities such as telekinesis, foresight, telephatie etc etc and from my experience, we all in a certain moment of our lives, experienced such things, but we just couldnt control it as it was a result of an intense emotional event. I will write down my own "experience" and feel free to share yours if you want!

My first paranormal experience was when I was 8, I had strange visions everytime I went to bed and these visions kept me from sleeping for months. I wont describe the visions, but they were extremely troubling and VERY detailed. I was seeing everthing in them with a better vision than I did with my eyes opened!

My second experience was of a totally different kind. I was 13 and during vacations with my family, I felt deeply inside me and with unshakable certitude that someone, that precise day, someone would die! Couple hours later 2 members of my family died and 1-2 minutes before I had intense fear paralazing me and everything around became dark. At this point nothing could have made me suspect the event, but for some reason I felt it!

I had several discussions with friends who shared with me their experiences and I know that we all have something mystic inside us, but we just dont have the ability to use it.

Maybe in 10-20 thousands years these strange "abilities" will evolve and we will be able to use them?

What do you think?

P.S.: Sorry for that story about my family ;) Hope the mods dont delet my post!!

Not that I don't find this interesting, I just think that we'd be better off not discussing it here. For one, this topic you're discussing totally deserves its own thread, and you and I should be the ones to create it. You know, about the implications of physics and quantum mechanics and the hyptothical parallels to Star Wars concepts like ESP and PK.

Other than that, I find your anecdote interesting and I wouldn't mind engaging you more on these ideas in a topic where it would be more relevant.