Sentinel keybindings

Jakobpoop

You can do that, or instead of pressing C for character pain O for Who pain, and so on; You can make them Ctrl+C for Character pain, and so on (you get the point?)

Then bind all those open plain letters to your moves and all that. How I saved 80 bucks :).

Still want a Naga though.

I can't comment on whether this is enough at level 50 (I haven't seemed to get near to 50 for all the time I got levelling), but what I use so far:

1-6 pressed, 7 = f, 8 = g, 9 = v, 0 = t (I guess you can add in more for - and =). That way you don't miss anything like whisper or inventory. Then combine that with Shift for bar 2, (eg, Shift + 1 is usually my CC breaker), control for bar 3 (if you're 50 I'm assuming you don't need to hotkey your companion's abilities), and that adds to 36 abilities safely in reach. You can make it 48 if you add Alt too. Simples *meerkat noises*

Helpful gear like mice are good, but sometimes I worry that people depend on out-of-game utility (eg, addons, hardware etc) too much (it's one of my complaints on WoW, addons became a necessity). Not that it's a bad thing, but IMO it's an extra rather than a necessity, if that makes sense.

I recommend a naga mouse. I personally could not play my sentinel without one.

This.

My first ever character was a Sentinel and I was fine with random empty keys bound to abilities but as I got to around lvl 35-40, I was having a hard time with my rotations. Ordered a Naga. Now my keybindings are hardwired into my head and I can throw out abilities fluidly. You don't NEED a Naga per se, but if you can afford it, it makes life a LOT easier.

Qerfzxv , ctrl+qerfzxv, ctrl 1234, ctrl d for hutball pass. Mouse 5 for pacify. Click rebuke awe force camo gbtf and introspection

Wut? why on earth would you keybind everything except 5 of your most awesome abilities?

Just bind them with shift+something.

I have 1-5 bound to skills, as well as tilde.

I also have shift plus the above keys.

I have the 6th through 12th quickbar slots bound to my mouse (not a Naga, it's a newer Logitech but forget the model name).

I also have shift plus the above mouse buttons.

That's 26 keybinds. I also have shift + mouse wheel up/down bound to change which quickslot bar shows, at which point I have another 12 keybinds available, but I typically only put my out of combat stuff there. Everything else I need in combat I click, but those buttons are all situational for pve if I ever use them at all (cyclone slash, force sweep, unity, heroic moment, etc).

Also, if you play multiple characters, one thing I've found helpful is to "standardize" your keybindings are as much as possible. For example:

Shift + 2 is always my basic/free attack (strike, consular's disturbance, trooper's hammer shot, etc).

Shift + 3 is always my interrupt.

1 is typically an opener of some kind.

2-3-4, 6 and 7 are typically my main abilities (strongest fingers/easiest mouse positions).

5 and shift 5 are typically some kind of nearby aoe (awe, consular's force wave, etc).

9-10 and shift 9-10 (mouse buttons) are typically offensive and defensive CDs, respectively, with more or less needed depending on the character.

I think that is enough examples. But it makes transitioning from one character to another much easier if there is some consistency between them.

lvl 40

` kick, 1 strike, 2 slash, 3 riposte, 4 z-strike, 5 op-strike, ctrl ~ crippling throw, ctrl 1 force sweep, ctrl 2 cyclone slash, ctrl 3 master-x, ctrl 4 forse statis

alt ` force leap, alt 1 oload-saber, alt 2 blade storm, alt 3 merciless slash, alt 4 cauterize,

ctrl alt ` pacify, ctrl alt 1 rebuke, ctrl alt 2 saber ward, ctrl alt 4 call the force

ctrl-c disable droid

alt q leg sweep

using a mouse with 2 extra button at thumb

mouse 5 zen

ctrl mouse 5 inspiration

mouse 4 resolute

alt mouse 4 force camoflage

left hand hurts badly

and sometime mis-pressed alt-tab :mad: