The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

+% to Strength Talent

Lostpenguins

Can we get one? I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before, but as stats keep getting higher, that difference in +Damage and +Crit keeps getting bigger. I'm already annoyed that my guildy's Sorc has about 200 more Willpower than I do Strength. And we're both fully BH/Campaign'd out with all our pieces augmented with +18 Mainstat, +12 End.

It's the same thing with +% Aim and +% Cunning that the other classes have. Why don't we get +% Strength? Put it in the Rage and replace the +% Crit on Force Attacks. It would still be a 3 pt talent that increases Strength by 3% per point.

Anyone else agree/disagree/this has already been shot down?

Can we get one? I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before, but as stats keep getting higher, that difference in +Damage and +Crit keeps getting bigger. I'm already annoyed that my guildy's Sorc has about 200 more Willpower than I do Strength. And we're both fully BH/Campaign'd out with all our pieces augmented with +18 Mainstat, +12 End.

It's the same thing with +% Aim and +% Cunning that the other classes have. Why don't we get +% Strength? Put it in the Rage and replace the +% Crit on Force Attacks. It would still be a 3 pt talent that increases Strength by 3% per point.

Anyone else agree/disagree/this has already been shot down?

Juggernauts have a + Strength talent. It's called Dreadnaught and it's on the second tier of the Vengeance tree.

Edited by JamieM

Juggernauts have a + Strength talent. It's called Dreadnaught and it's on the second tier of the Vengeance tree.

On top of that, most parses already have Marauders and Sentinels as the #1 DPS class in the game right now.

What exactly is the complaint here? That your numbers on your character sheet aren't as big? Seems kind of silly to me.

I agree with the above posters. your nitpicking isolated numbers without looking at the bigger picture. Mara/Sent's are top DPS right now, period. so much so that most people are surprised that they haven't been nerfed yet. This isn't to slam Mara's, but to simply state that no matter what numbers you see on your screen vs/ your buddy's character sheet, your still going to out-DPS them....if you know your class.

Bio adds talents when they think the class needs it. It's pretty obvious that they think you don't need any extra str atm.

On top of that, most parses already have Marauders and Sentinels as the #1 DPS class in the game right now.

What exactly is the complaint here? That your numbers on your character sheet aren't as big? Seems kind of silly to me.

My complaint is exactly what I stated, I don't like that (since it's been pointed out) that Marauders and Sentinels do not have a +% Main Stat talent. Honestly though, the +% talents for any of the classes, is, I believe, dumb, but if you're going to do it for 7 of the classes, then homogenize it for the 8th one that doesn't have it.

They can easily adjust values of abilities by a couple points down in terms of damage to reflect these changes, but I'm not turning this into a discussion about damage balance. That's a whole different thread discussion. We can easily go into a discussion of how Sniper DPS (when played right) is severely broken for the fact that it can sit comfortably at range (yeah, Snipers can outdps Sents and Marauders on many fights if you play them right). We can also go into a discussion bringing up a change to marauders and sentinels that, to fix a bug, would increase our DPS, but it turned out to be a dps loss... but that's not what this topic is about.

Not only there is a +X% of Strength, but there is also a +X% of raw damage on Single Saber Mastery which is damn good in addition of stance bonus.

For Marauders, Juyo providing up to +10% is a good boost even it doesn't show on sheet stats.

Edited by Altheran

Not only there is a +X% of Strength, but there is also a +X% of raw damage on Single Saber Mastery which is damn good in addition of stance bonus.

For Marauders, Juyo providing up to +10% is a good boost even it doesn't show on sheet stats.

Okay, that's fair enough with this talent. It's still more of a pet peeve. I always hate +to your main stat talents as the bonus gets bigger and bigger as your gear gets better and better.

That's really my point. I'm just annoyed that 7 out of the 8 classes have access to a +% main stat talent, but one class doesn't. I'd still rather have the talent available and numbers be adjusted to compensate for the dps increase.

My complaint is exactly what I stated, I don't like that (since it's been pointed out) that Marauders and Sentinels do not have a +% Main Stat talent. Honestly though, the +% talents for any of the classes, is, I believe, dumb, but if you're going to do it for 7 of the classes, then homogenize it for the 8th one that doesn't have it.

They can easily adjust values of abilities by a couple points down in terms of damage to reflect these changes, but I'm not turning this into a discussion about damage balance. That's a whole different thread discussion. We can easily go into a discussion of how Sniper DPS (when played right) is severely broken for the fact that it can sit comfortably at range (yeah, Snipers can outdps Sents and Marauders on many fights if you play them right). We can also go into a discussion bringing up a change to marauders and sentinels that, to fix a bug, would increase our DPS, but it turned out to be a dps loss... but that's not what this topic is about.

What is there to discuss if you don't actually care about the mechanics that go into a +% to main stat talent? You're saying, "Oh they can balance in other areas, but I want my +% Strength"... well that's great, now why don't you suggest some of those balances, those things you'd give up, to get that extra Strength?

Then we'd have a discussion worth having. Otherwise, its just "QQ they have something I don't", which in one way or another literally every class could make that claim about something.

I'm not turning this into a discussion about damage balance. That's a whole different thread discussion.

No it isn't a different discussion. Because by giving mara/sents a x% skill it will only increase their damage more than it is. I play a sentinel & marauder myself and we definitely do not need a talent like that.

You forget that regardless of your primary damage we, as only other class in the game, have a secondary weapon that can hit with pretty much all our weapon attacks.