New Darth Malgus exclusive figure

Hardwear

Just because they say it costs $380 doesn't mean that it's worth $380 or that they spent anywhere near that price to have them made.

Boy.. I wish I could just decide how much cars or houses are worth.. I would save a bundle!!!

Seriously dude.. It is worth what they are selling it for.. It is a collectable.. What we got with the CE if fine..

If you don't think it is worth it, then don't buy it.. But it is hardly worth while to complain that we didn't get THIS one with the CE bundle.. Sorry.. :rolleyes:

So what you were trying to say is that hardly anything is sold at cost. Well duh. Nobody expects anyone to sell anything at cost. Labor sold at cost is free. :p

Yeah, that's pretty much how I read it. FWIW, I found this whole exchange rather amusing too.

The bottom line is that the new statue is better (and thus, more expensive) than the old statue. Whether the new statue is better by $230+ is an open question. Personally I can't imagine why anyone would want a statue of an MMO character cluttering their house, but my baseball card collection is snickering at my hypocrisy even as I type this post. In any case, to say that the new statue should have been included in the CE, irrespective of the statue's value, is silly.

And though the OP now insists that this entire thread was a joke, I'm not sure that most of the thread's audience are inclined to take it as a joke. I've heard plenty of similar complaints over the years.

Edited by Invictos

I for one just take the OP's comment in stride. Whether or not he intended it originally as a joke or not..I sure found it amusing.

THough truth be told. I would not want this statue and don't even want the one I got cause Darth Malgus is one ugly mother. I would have prefered just about anyone over him.

For empire side that redheaded bounty hunter babe would have been way better...or vette (if that is the twilek in trailer with malgus).

For republic side Satele or the trooper(malcolm something I think is his name) or heck T7 or his Master( the one malgus kills at the end of the decieved trailer).

Anyone from the trailers would have been better...heck even Malgus' master that he kills at end of return....oh and that smuggler was AWESOME in the return trailer.

But..sadly..we were stuck with mr butt ugly and still alive Malgus

:(

Boy.. I wish I could just decide how much cars or houses are worth.. I would save a bundle!!!

Seriously dude.. It is worth what they are selling it for.. It is a collectable.. What we got with the CE if fine..

If you don't think it is worth it, then don't buy it.. But it is hardly worth while to complain that we didn't get THIS one with the CE bundle.. Sorry.. :rolleyes:

OMG not another economics major! :rolleyes:

Did anyone read the fine print.

mportant Prize Fulfillment Information

The Darth Malgus Premium Format Figure will not be shipped to the winner of the Star Wars: The Old Republic Darth Malgus Premium Format Figure Giveaway until it arrives in our warehouse, which is estimated to be in March 2013.

Did anyone read the fine print.

mportant Prize Fulfillment Information

The Darth Malgus Premium Format Figure will not be shipped to the winner of the Star Wars: The Old Republic Darth Malgus Premium Format Figure Giveaway until it arrives in our warehouse, which is estimated to be in March 2013.

They inform the winner Sept 24, 2012 but they don't actually ship it till 6 months later. :confused:

I wonder what thats all about?

I'm still trying to figure out why Bioware, EA, and Sideshow all think we want to buy a statue of a guy whose face is rotting away.

I would consider a statuette of Master Shan, but Malgus? Meh.

No, no, no! Ewww, Shan....

I would give 10 years of my life for that Malgus figure. (QQ)

Some of us love Malgus and, if I could, I would give 500$ for that figure!

P.s. XD You guys who don't like it, please do not enter the contest. Things just got real. I might have a chance. Hehehe!

Edited by Boyana

They inform the winner Sept 24, 2012 but they don't actually ship it till 6 months later. :confused:

I wonder what thats all about?

They are holding a contest for something they don't have yet. I bet the fine print reads you need an active sub and you must pay shipping.

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

Amount of plastic in the piece, probably 50 cents. Amount of labor and materials in painting them in China? Probably about 50 cents. Amount they are charging? $380.

But hey I remember when people were paying $800 on ebay for tickle me elmos because little johnny just had to have one for Christmas.

Wrong what I was saying is it mosly likely cost that company a lot less than $380 to make that figure, but to make a nice profit they charge a lot more.

I used to collect these type of figures and some the figures in my collection have equal quality, but I bought them for a lot less than $380.

However, the intent of this thread was mosly mischiefvous teasing aimed at CE owners like myself nothing more, but apparently in your eagerness to teach economics 101 you missed the joke.

If you did you'd realise thier not "figures", hasbro makes "figures", Sideshow makes limited edition coldcast premium format statues.

The edition size, character, and faction of the character will dictate aftermarket price. Sith out sell Jedi 6-1, thier Luke Skywalker (Hero of Star Wars) peice is relativly cheap in the after market....Darth Talon (nobody EU sith lord) goes for $700 - $1100.

i think we can all agree that we would have quite happily forked out for a princess leia in a bikini model. Or master shan (before she got old) in a metal bikini. Or even malgus in a- yeah, never mind.

I totally agree! LOL

Edited by Darknessinme

I agree that there should have been some other options for this figure, all they seem to offer is something associated with the Imperial side. But sadly it makes sense, because that's the side that the devs like more anyway! Think about it... legacy abilities. Do I want dirty kick, or a friggin orbital strike? Do I want Force Sweep, or friggin force grip? Do I want Force Project, or friggin force lightning? Do I want a puny sticky grenade, or a goddang flame thrower?

Also, the I find a lot of the gear on republic side to be rather dull. The color scheme is too monotonous. I could go on...

So, which side do the devs like more? I rest my case.

Edited by spatnatz