The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did anyone take the third option for dealing with the Chevin?

Midaeus

The two most obvious options were (a) finish the deal by delivering the items to the Chevin, or (b) go back on the deal because the Chevin are bad and give the items to the Republic SIS instead. Did anyone take the third option of collecting all the items and keeping them until this mysterious fleet appears?

I could see a smuggler taking this option out of greed. Or a jedi taking this option out of distrust for Republic politicians. Anyway, I am trying it, just to see if they handle that case. Of course, it means that my character didn't get to turn in the final quest and doesn't get either of those titles. But hey, I can hope for something even just that little bit sandboxy, can't I?

When I first read this I laughed. Then I considered it for a bit. From a game standpoint it seems a bit silly since its unlikely a game developer considered this when making the event, but if the third option did exist that would be pure genius.

Sadly, 99% of the creative people that worked on swtor are no longer employed there. The ones left probably never even thought of it.

It would have been nice to see this option, you would be one of the few to collect on it too, other than people who were unable to log into the game for one reason or another.

I can just see the cries about not being told there was a third option though...

There just quest items, they are not going to reward you for choosing not to complete a quest. If this was the case, there would be some reward for opting out of other quests by saying you refuse to do it.

Plus if it was really a third option and not just the standard [refuse quest] choice, once you said you refused it, that would be the end of it. It would not have let you go right back to the quest giver and change your mind to turn it in.

Yea, I toyed with this like crazy. I ran back and forth between the drop boxes, cancelled every time until the last day of the world event. I wanted to keep those items so badly, but like many here, worried that in doing so, I would miss out on something because the quest would be written to straightforwardly to accommodate a majority of players.

Once I discovered that the reward for the turn-in was only 20 tokens, I really wished I'd kept the items--I can get 20 tokens in no time.

If you did have the guts to take option 3, I salute you, and do hope that you find favour with the Gree :D

The two most obvious options were (a) finish the deal by delivering the items to the Chevin, or (b) go back on the deal because the Chevin are bad and give the items to the Republic SIS instead. Did anyone take the third option of collecting all the items and keeping them until this mysterious fleet appears?

I could see a smuggler taking this option out of greed. Or a jedi taking this option out of distrust for Republic politicians. Anyway, I am trying it, just to see if they handle that case. Of course, it means that my character didn't get to turn in the final quest and doesn't get either of those titles. But hey, I can hope for something even just that little bit sandboxy, can't I?

You can and should. :)

However I think you are going to end up being disapointed. :(

I have one character that couldn't finish the Apparatus due to greedy 50s grabbing all the boxes at the end, still have all the mission items in inventory. CS refuses to manually finish the quest even though it's not available anymore and I was grinding boxes for 3 hours.

People on these forums(well any internet forum) whine to no extent about the smallest thing. Imagine the level of whining these forums will produce if a couple months from now a hidden third option is revealed for an event with an exclusive title or something? After all the devs and the community team has endured from the posters here, you really think they would set themselves up for that? People who like this idea will just go wow awesome, and move on. The bigger majority will be people who go OMG BIOWARE SUX WHERE IS MAH OPTION? and make these forums even more insufferable for the next few weeks till Bioware relents and offers a compromise. At which point the original group will return and go OMG BIOWARE SUX **** YOU.

Yeah, why bother...

That would be hilarious, if for no other reason than to see the uproar it would cause. :D

You really only shorted yourself 20 tokens, a pet that EVERYONE who did the event has and is really just a re-skin of our transfer reward, and a title that has absolutely no bearing on anything. I applaud your outside the box thinking and truly hope (but sincerely doubt) you will be rewarded for it. ;)

Edited by ShawnSixtyTwo
typo

This might make people mad. I would probably be rather cross if it awarded anything different or better than the options we already had.

Why? You had the same options the OP did, as did I. I sadly did not think about third option, though. I hope that the OP is rewarded for his original thinking.

Why? You had the same options the OP did, as did I. I sadly did not think about third option, though. I hope that the OP is rewarded for his original thinking.

But it wasn't a third option any more than refusing any other quest is a third option. When we start getting xp/legacy or items for clicking [refuse quest] on standard quests or flash points, then there might be a point in pretending there is a secret third option no one really knows about. However, at this point I also quite because it would be an exploit as people would just keep refusing quests to level and never have to actually do a single fight.

Oh and as I said before, an "option" entails making a choice you can not go back on. When you selected Chevin or republic you were locked into that decision. When you simply refused or forgot to turn the quest in, the quest remained open to turn it later because it was "not" completed.

Calling it a third option is an exaggeration, true. It's not a third option in the game mechanics, merely in-character. While the bits of information (mission items and incomplete quest) are there, it's unlikely that they bothered to handle that case. I knew that going in, I won't feel left out. It just seemed like such a handy solution to the dilemma, I had to try.