AOE and Vig Survival

MimicUnleashed

I believe mental anguish is the DoT I am talking about. The one I am thinking about has to be cleansed, or you will die. I am talking about HM EC, on story the dot can be ignored.

And garfield, sir. From what I have seen, you may want to take some time and look up a couple things to learn, before you try and 'help' people. The thought is appreciated, but really, more harm than help, sir.

The DoT isn't what kills you on HM, the damage is pretty minimal. Its the stacking debuff that reduces the damage done that has to be cleansed. If you don't you WILL hit enrage timers. Fortunately they are both from Zorn and 1 cleanse gets rid of both.

All I am saying is that if it stays on you, you will die, period - didn't say it will do the final blow. It puts out enough damage that healers can't keep healing that, heal the tank, and worry about the aoe damage in the fight. It can easily get you low enough to die from one of the big aoe hits. I didn't say that it'll one shot you, did I?

The OP was worried about dying in the fight way before it came to enrage timers. He already said the problem stems from fearful, but I mentioned the DoT just to make sure it wasn't adding to that at all.

Edited by Dalfurend

All I am saying is that if it stays on you, you will die, period - didn't say it will do the final blow. It puts out enough damage that healers can't keep healing that, heal the tank, and worry about the aoe damage in the fight. It can easily get you low enough to die from one of the big aoe hits. I didn't say that it'll one shot you, did I?

The OP was worried about dying in the fight way before it came to enrage timers. He already said the problem stems from fearful, but I mentioned the DoT just to make sure it wasn't adding to that at all.

You missed my point. The DoT is irrelevant in both SM and HM. Yes a smart healer will cleanse rather than heal through a DoT but that doesn't mean that the DoT has to be cleansed (especially since it is (re)applied every few seconds). What changes in HM is the added stacking Damage debuff that is applied with the DoT. If the debuff isn't cleansed you will have enrage issues.

It's worth having the DoT cleansed off when swapping bosses but as long as you stay on Zorn you are pretty much stuck with it. Although, if you end up with fearful AND the DoT you are gonna be taking quite a bit more damage and in this case it is important to call for a cleanse.

Weird, I'll have to pay more attention next time I do it. The way we do Toth and Zorn is to have melee on Toth full time, if we have the dot, we make sure to get it cleansed, and it applies relatively rarely. Dunno if 16 HM changes anything either. The first time I did the instance, I died a couple of times because the dot wasn't cleansed, which is why I pay a fair bit of attention to it. In any case, I'll look out for it.

Weird, I'll have to pay more attention next time I do it. The way we do Toth and Zorn is to have melee on Toth full time, if we have the dot, we make sure to get it cleansed, and it applies relatively rarely. Dunno if 16 HM changes anything either. The first time I did the instance, I died a couple of times because the dot wasn't cleansed, which is why I pay a fair bit of attention to it. In any case, I'll look out for it.

If you're on Toth and you're close enough to Zorn to get the DoT then you're also likely to get fearful which increases the damage of the DoT. In 16 man I presume that the damage from the DoT is also increased so when combined with fearful could become pretty deadly. This scenario is actually an issue with boss/party positioning rather than healers needing to cleanse.

It could also apply if your group swap sides as you will be in range of Zorn to get the DoT on the tank swap and may just be the higher damage from 16 man that's providing issues. I've only done 8 man and haven't seen the way you fight them so I can't say for sure whats happening.