Non-lore friendly Bounty Hunter and Sith armour?

IAmLordRev

Around a week ago I got my bounty hunter to level 50. When I got my recruit pvp gear, I was disappointed that it wasn`t like the normal mandalorin armour. It makes me feel like I`m the guy who feeds the bullets into a machine gun in WW2, not like a feared and respected mandalorian. My bounty hunter only has a size 2 body, and yet it makes him look huge. I like the Inquisitor recruit armour, but I`ve seen some higher tier pvp and pve armour for them and it`s ok, but it kind of makes them look like fish, not like sith. What I want to see done about this is some customisable armour.

I want to be able to wear the classic mandalorian armour like what Boba Fett has, but I want to make it my own. I hate to see people around the game and notice that half te level 50s look the same. I think that you should be able to buy and customise armour to look like whatever you want. I feel very limited when it comes to the way my character looks. I know all about the recent update of augment slots so you can have stats on social gear, but I want to have the choice to make my recruit or battlemaster pvp gear on any class look something like what Revan or Malgus wear (for either my inquisitor or/and warrior) and I want my mandalorian bounty hunter to look like a mandalorian.

Apology in advance for my rather undiplomatic way of say this, but you better start grinding WZ to get the BM and WH armors. Unlike recruit, BM and WH armors have removable mods that you can put into any Orange Gear of your choice.

Which is how my warrior can tank and still have the same dress sense as Laura Croft. :p

About the OPs overall point that BH lacks the classic movie look, check out Wookiepedias page on mando armor sometime. The look of the "old republic era" mando armor was defined by 90's dark (dork) age-era comics, a lot of it is just... yikes.

Lore? All Sith armor and robes would be black if it was lore. Instead, it looks like a retard painted it with a painball gun while dancing an irish jig. Remember that Sith from the movies that wore red and gray? No? Because it would have looked retarded. Notice none of the Sith from the cinematics wears armor like the endgame armor? Because no one would have come to even check the game out if they showed how stupid your Sith toon will look at 50.

seriously the only thing that I am upset about with the Mando armour is the lack of T visors, which I don't know why but I walways thought was supposed to be iconic to the Mando's look, or maybe these helms are put in just in case people want variance.

Lore? All Sith armor and robes would be black if it was lore. Instead, it looks like a retard painted it with a painball gun while dancing an irish jig. Remember that Sith from the movies that wore red and gray? No? Because it would have looked retarded. Notice none of the Sith from the cinematics wears armor like the endgame armor? Because no one would have come to even check the game out if they showed how stupid your Sith toon will look at 50.

Sorry man, but that really isn't a valid point, the "movies" only showed a few sith and that was with their fashion at that point in time and under Sidious. The sith at the point in time of Revan all looked like they wore shiny chrome. But if you look at the EU then you will find sith are varied, but their colors are black grey red and purple. Now the Green, Orange, Blue colors that they put in there, yeah that stuff makes me wonder when the sith turned into the rainbow brigade.

Apology in advance for my rather undiplomatic way of say this, but you better start grinding WZ to get the BM and WH armors. Unlike recruit, BM and WH armors have removable mods that you can put into any Orange Gear of your choice.

As someone who toodles around on a lot of alts doing things other than rushing to level, who doesn't have any 50s yet and cares what they wear, this is advice I am glad to know in advance. If I really can make my favorite orange gear work and keep my look, I'll be one happy RP camper.

Sith wear whatever they want. A sith could wear a brown jedi robe and armor and still be a sith. This Empire Only and Republic Only armor is silly. Thats not how it works...The reasoning for restricting armor to a faction is when its uniforms. Edited by Selvec

• 2 weeks later...

I do a lot of 50 pvp, and I already have a lot of battlemaster pieces for both my 50s. The trouble is finding orange gear you want to be seen wearing. I'm not very rich either, so I wouldn't want to spend my entire fortune to look nice, but I would be willing to give up some cash.

seriously the only thing that I am upset about with the Mando armour is the lack of T visors, which I don't know why but I walways thought was supposed to be iconic to the Mando's look, or maybe these helms are put in just in case people want variance.

I would rather wear the Mandalorian armour from Revan's era than wear any gear that looks like the recruit gear I have. Or any other pvp variations. I expected that 50s would look the coolest. I got ym first set of Mandalorian armour at level 40 from the pvp vendor, and the looks went downhill from there. Unless someone's outfit is a uniform, I don't want to run around on any MMORPG with crowds of identical players.

Sith wear whatever they want. A sith could wear a brown jedi robe and armor and still be a sith. This Empire Only and Republic Only armor is silly. Thats not how it works...The reasoning for restricting armor to a faction is when its uniforms.

Gear based restrictions in general are silly.

I would definitely like for at least one instance of a Neo-Crusader type armor, and there's no reason as to why there isn't any Shock Trooper armor. I think that BioWare should expand on Mandalorian lore, especially since Bounty Hunters themselves are Mandalorian, though they sure as hell don't act like it.