The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who would win Vader or Malgus?

Tegija

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that's been done to death to, lets face it all the popular characters have been done and done some more in VS threads, time to switch to something more original.

Hmm, true this is.

Mace Windu vs Darth Bane?

Mace Windu vs Darth Krayt?

Mace Windu vs whoever

But as you can guess, Win Win Windu would have to be in it.

What about Windu vs Exile? Thats actually an interesting match..

We all know that's been done to death to, lets face it all the popular characters have been done and done some more in VS threads, time to switch to something more original.

Adi Gallia vs General Grievous? Oh wait...

Adi Gallia vs General Grievous? Oh wait...

I think we know how that ended. Adi ended up with three lightsabers in her chest. At least I read it in a comic a long time ago. I don't know. I read something a long time ago and it's difficult for me to remember what exactly went down.

Edited by Aurbere

Or how about non force user vs non force user? Because The Force knows, there have been thousands of force user vs force user threads yet not nearly enough of the former. Theres more to Star Wars then force users. Why not make group battles with information, twists and turns, give them a different layout of weaponry, put them in fighters or vehicles they aren't familiar with etc etc?

Ya see where I am going with this....of course people wouldn't really have the patience to read through my VS threads. XD

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think we know how that ended. Adi ended up with three lightsabers in her chest. At least I read it in a comic a long time ago. I don't know. I read something a long time ago and it's difficult for me to remember what exactly went down.

Hence the "Oh wait" :p

Vader. Not only are the Movie Era jedi stronger then the Old Republic era jedi, vader is considered one of the strongest force users ever. The only reason he lost against luke was conflicted emotions during the fight. Up till that point Vader has destroyed EVERYTHING he had encountered with little problems. Malgus on the other hand gets butt stomped by the players character...Yeah...

Which Vader we talking about? Original Vader would kick the living crap out of Malgus. But the new pu$$y Vader (big thanks to Lucas for that) wouldn't last a snowball's chance on Tatooine. He'd start crying like a a whiney little bich about Panda-bear screaming "Noooo!"

Uh no, the new '*****' Vader as you call him, would mop the floor with Malgus too.

• 1 year later...

I don't believe the Jedi during Anakin's time could handle a trained sith master from the Old Republic days, or earlier.

After becoming Vader, he was less than he could have been, and Malgus would crush him.

It's one thing to be strong in the force, but it's another to know how to use it to the fullest.

It's a necro, but still...

Edited by Hambunctious

I don't believe the Jedi during Anakin's time could handle a trained sith master from the Old Republic days, or earlier.

After becoming Vader, he was less than he could have been, and Malgus would crush him.

It's one thing to be strong in the force, but it's another to know how to use it to the fullest.

No...no...no Malgus is good but not that good, or do you really believe that he would win over Anakin or Mace or even Yoda?....

Yes Vader lost potential, but he still grew more powerful anyway.

With out without being in his suit, Vader/Anakin would beat Malgus.

Yeah... too bad you're wrong.

Except the Banite line of Sith and the Rule of Two were the strongest line of Sith as the Jedi of the Golden Age during the Rise of the Empire days were the most powerful, so i am not sure where you get that idea from.

Whilst the difference in eras wouldn't mean that someone like Revan would lose to Kit Fisto, the bar was significantly raised by Revenge of the Sith and the quality of Force Users as a whole simply got much better.

No longer were there distinctions between those that used either the Force or focused solely on lightsaber combat, both of these things were demanded of a Jedi Master and especially of a Sith Lord, you couldn't rely on one, you had to be highly proficient in both, even the most dedicated lightsaber duellists among the Jedi Masters were very powerful Force Users and the same can be said vice versa.

However the further back into the Old Republic era we go, the more and more the distinction is made that a Force User can only be one or the other, with only a few exceptions, this fades drastically by the time of the movies.

That said I do think this battle would be very very close and I do believe that if Malgus employed Force Maelstrom, Vader would have little chance.

One of Vader's major plays in combat is the use of Telekinesis, we have seen Malgus more than once, plow through objects that are launched at him and more so, he has shown the ability to act extremely quickly to almost anything.

I think Vader vs Malgus would actually be a very very close fight, now that I have a better idea of how powerful Malgus is.

That said I do think this battle would be very very close and I do believe that if Malgus employed Force Maelstrom, Vader would have little chance.

One of Vader's major plays in combat is the use of Telekinesis, we have seen Malgus more than once, plow through objects that are launched at him and more so, he has shown the ability to act extremely quickly to almost anything.

I think Vader vs Malgus would actually be a very very close fight, now that I have a better idea of how powerful Malgus is.

Close, yes. But I agree with Jensaarai's conclusion.