The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who would win Vader or Malgus?

Tegija

The fight between Vader and Maul is canon. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection behind the scenes say Chee confirmed it was canon in his blog.

Thats a clone, not maul. It couldnt be because if it were it would be over ruled by TCW wich is G-Canon.

"As he attempts to strike the prophets down, he is blocked by a copy of Darth Maul. "

Edited by TKMaster

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a clone, not maul. It couldnt be because if it were it would be over ruled by TCW wich is G-Canon.

"As he attempts to strike the prophets down, he is blocked by a copy of Darth Maul. "

I am aware but you said the fight wasn't canon, I was just correcting you. :p

Malgus got his *** kicked by a trooper almost and bested by satelle shan (sp?)

Vader by a long shot.

If you watched that trailer you would know that Malgus was far more powerful than Satele. As for the trooper, I don't even think I need to explain that one.

I disagree, most sith a very afraid of dying. The emperor for one:

His whole plan of wiping out all life in the galaxy is based solely on the fact that by doing this their is nobody that can possibly kill him, he's extremely paranoid

Most, if not all sith are concerned with their own self-preservation - they never sacrifice themselves, only others, their entire philosophy is based on fear. And I think there's a difference between standing off against a guy with a thermal denator (running away would just be down right pathetic) and stabbing yourself in the chest to kill someone.

But what are their reasons of not wanting to die.

The Emperor wasn't afraid of death just because he would cease to exist. It was because it would mean that he would lose all he had accomplished.

I also think it is a smart move that if you know you were going to be defeated to escape if possible.

Whereas the jedi were willingly sacrificing themselves because they thought they were going to be one with the force when they could have have escaped to fight another day.

I think the sith just have more brains.

I also think it is a smart move that if you know you were going to be defeated to escape if possible.

Whereas the jedi were willingly sacrificing themselves because they thought they were going to be one with the force when they could have have escaped to fight another day.

I think the sith just have more brains.

The jedi's reason for sacrifice was more for the greater good, they were selfless and therefore would put themselves in danger or sacrifice themselves so others could be safe. Like Revan did when he went to face the emperor, he didn't do it out of self-preservation, but to protect the republic. Sith are to self-centered to do this so often the would be too afraid to take action, thats why none of the sith who discovered the emperors plans (accept lord scourge) confronted the emperor, because they were too afraid.

Malgus did show a degree of bravery when turning against the Emperor, but Vader would go further because unlike Malgus he cares very little for self-preservation at all. He practically hates himself, in a fight Vader would never back down and take every risk necessary to win.

The jedi's reason for sacrifice was more for the greater good, they were selfless and therefore would put themselves in danger or sacrifice themselves so others could be safe. Like Revan did when he went to face the emperor, he didn't do it out of self-preservation, but to protect the republic. Sith are to self-centered to do this so often the would be too afraid to take action, thats why none of the sith who discovered the emperors plans (accept lord scourge) confronted the emperor, because they were too afraid.

Malgus did show a degree of bravery when turning against the Emperor, but Vader would go further because unlike Malgus he cares very little for self-preservation at all. He practically hates himself, in a fight Vader would never back down and take every risk necessary to win.

Everything you have said (in the first paragraph) I would consider debateable but I just want to say that I think the Dark council had good reason not to confront him. They would have been annihilated by him and if not him than by his royal guard and I think we all know how that played out.

Edited by Malrus

Everything you have said (in the first paragraph) I would consider debateable but I just want to say that I think the Dark council had good reason not to confront him. They would have been annihilated by him and if not him than by his royal guard and I think we all know how that played out.

You make a fair point but I think if it had been a council of jedi they would have acted immediately - for example when the jedi discovered Palapatine was a Sith they went in guns blazing (and got slaughtered), and then gave it another go (and got beaten again) but at least the were brave enough to make an attempt - because they cared about the republic more than themselves.

Sith would take a far less direct approach and would include a great deal of scheming and planning - arguably the wiser idea but ultimately they wouldn't have taken action, or be to late to save anybody (not that they give a bantha pudu :p) Vader makes a better Sith because he has no fear, just anger and hatred

you guys should check out the thread about Vader vs. Exar Kun - that would be a real fight

Or my upcoming thread, Vader vs. Revan. It'll be the ultimate battle between Lucas fanbois and Revanites. It'll make the Great Galactic War look like a minor skirmish.

Or my upcoming thread, Vader vs. Revan. It'll be the ultimate battle between Lucas fanbois and Revanites. It'll make the Great Galactic War look like a minor skirmish.

It's already been done. And that thread killed off most of the Revanites.

Make a Revan vs. Exile thread or Vader vs. Exile thread instead please.

Revan vs Exile.

I'm gonna do it.

:

Coming to a forum near you, the pay-per-view event of a lifetime. Revan vs. The Exile. Who will win in this epic battle of fanbois. Will the Revanite genocide finally be complete? Or will they pull together like roaches out of the wood work and screw the exile over yet again in yet another humiliating death. Find out.... Later

Gotta work on my closings.

Edited by CephalicRex