Would Moving This Game To Xbox 360 & PS3 Save It?

KawadaShogox

How are you going to map 4 12-button toolbars to a PS3 controller? What about chat? Not practical, if somebody did manage it I wouldn't want to use the clumsy thing.

PS3 and the 360 do support Keyboard and Mouse. I had Final Fantasy Online for the PS2 a long time ago and it worked fine.

The problem for putting this game onto the PS3 and 360 is the amount of time it would take and you would end up loosing some things in the end. Its not feasible. Maybe there new consoles but even then they would have to do a lot of coding to make it work and then they would have to loose some of the profit margin to Microsoft and Sony.

They would be better off making a completely new game instead.

Edited by WarbNull

Ahh...the old jaded "f2p =death" argument. Anyone who thinks that f2p means a game is dying hasnt been playing attention to the industry. by that logic, gw2 was released in a dying state. which is simply silly. The idea that f2p is a last resort is old conjecture at this point.

I dont condemn people for following the status quo, but I do wish that they would really do their research first. theirs very few games atm thay can jeep up the sub mofel. f2p simply brings on more players anf more income with less overhead. Thats why compabies are using this model now. Heck...gw1 waa f2p from the get go. gw2 is continuing this trend. the biggest release of this year so far is....f2p. need I say more?

Would Making This Title available To Xbox 360 & PS3 Save It?

It seems that with going F2P Bioware has it's hand firmly grasped upon the fire alarm lever and are now taking initiatives to save the game from a complete burndown of subs/players. With the player base of Xbox 360 and PS3 users, do you believe making this game available on PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace for $14.99 would help boost subs, income, and interest in the game?? Not to mention some players who already have the game on a weak PC would be able to run the game at full performance graphically and processing wise for the first time. Keyboard and mouse support is available on Playstation 3, but I can't speak for Xbox 360. Seeing as how games like Guild Wars 2 have already announced the studio releasing the game for consoles early 2013, would it help Swtor to follow that same lead??? Your Thoughts????

Just a silly question.

If this game cant run smoothly on PCs which far outrank consoles hardware wise, what makes you think a console port will work at all ? And even if, at the pace and cost they work at, it'd probably be another half a billion USD and a decade for them to complete, dont you think something slightly better might be out by then ?