The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Bane

BrandonSM

Bane. Anakin mastered Djem So. Bane mastered all seven forms and primarily uses Djem So. Anakin is around 6ft all best. Bane is 2m tall. Anakin has an average build. Bane is built like a brick S***house. Anakin has very little knowledge of the Force and Techniques. Bane learned from the Sith Academy on Korriban and from numerous Sith Holocrons, writings and scrolls he gathered over the years.

Anakin was good in tactics for War against mostly Droids. Bane created an information network with spies and gathered intel from across the galaxy along with near limitless resources, which would continue to be used by the Sith up until Sidious. Anakin is a short-term planner. Bane is a long term game changer.

Anakin beat Dooku, because of Plot-Shield (seriously, it was pre-determined by the fact Anakin becomes Vader and is in the OT). Bane lost to Zannah by a minute fraction, someone with greater potential than himself and was more adept in Sith Sorcery than he could have become. The Huntress, aka Darth Cognus (who'd become Zannah's apprentice afterwords), had strong foresight and precog, and couldn't tell which one of them would come out the victor during battle because they were respectively equal. Bane had the edge in strength and saber combat, and Zannah had the edge in Force power and techniques. It was a close fight and could've gone either way.

All in all, Bane takes the win.

How are we sure that he can transfer his essence? DK said he failed with Zannah on his website.

I think Zannah has a much higher will than Anakin. When Bane attempts to transfer his essence it becomes a battle of wills and Zannah won.

Palpatines Essence transfer relies on his will being greater than the host, specifically when attempting to transfer into a live host. The host can only hope to resist the invading essence long enough to either fight the essence off or to commit suicide. I think those are the only ways to stop a transfer.

How are we sure that he can transfer his essence? DK said he failed with Zannah on his website.

Zannah was an extremely intelligent Sith Lord with far more knowledge in the ways of Sith mind tricks and sorcery than Bane could imagine, which was made obvious when she cut his arm off with her mind, Anakin has no willpower at all, he is easily influenced and manipulated, hence the events of his life.

Zannah was an extremely intelligent Sith Lord with far more knowledge in the ways of Sith mind tricks and sorcery than Bane could imagine, which was made obvious when she cut his arm off with her mind, Anakin has no willpower at all, he is easily influenced and manipulated, hence the events of his life.

I see.

And then I realize what you said earlier about Anakin and Vader being completely different. Vader had the strongest Will, Anakin had a very weak will. Kind of Ironic..

I see.

And then I realize what you said earlier about Anakin and Vader being completely different. Vader had the strongest Will, Anakin had a very weak will. Kind of Ironic..

As all Sith do, they become full of themselves and their own power, which inadvertently culminates in a very strong will.