The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Calling all Pro pvpers

Roast-Beast

Very good round in civil war. But like the OP's post, I'm not sure what this proves, either, other than that the base stats in high-end gear make up for loss of expertise you'd get in, say, recruit. There are threads around here with the math in them--they absolutely do. The earpieces and implants don't look to be black hole, but the rest of your stats look like that's the level of gear you're wearing--augged. Possibly optimized (though I can't say without seeing your force power. Augged black hole is about in line with normal, unoptimized battlemaster in a warzone. Probably better.
Yeah I'm sitting on +900 bonus damage right now so that's making up for the damage bonus I would get from expertise. The main complaint regarding lack of expertise I tend to see though is that people " melt". I have little to no damage reduction but a good deal of extra HP. So question is if it's not better to just skip the recruit set step altogether and go with rakata or higher, in the event that you already have that. They seem to even eachother out.

I'm obviously doing more damage in WH though since I have almost the same bonus damage and the expertise boost but survivability'wise I can't really say that there's a huge difference. It seems like whenever I'm caught offguard on sorc/sage there's a good chance I will wipe regardless of expertise. I do get much more huge hits on me without it though (had one hit on 6,8K just now and several close to 6K).

Played three games just now with basically the same result as yesterday.

Edited by MidichIorian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have less than 15,000 health, and around close to 900 expertise. (recruit gear)

I am doing just fine in warzones on The Bastion as a dps vanguard. Top 3-4 in medals, and my highest damage has been 300k along with 20k protection. (not all the time, but more often than not)

The OP is correct. Play smart and you are totally viable in recruit gear at level 50. Squishy, but viable.

Don't let gear gap discourage you, keep at it!

I have less than 15,000 health, and around close to 900 expertise. (recruit gear)

I am doing just fine in warzones on The Bastion as a dps vanguard. Top 3-4 in medals, and my highest damage has been 300k along with 20k protection. (not all the time, but more often than not)

The OP is correct. Play smart and you are totally viable in recruit gear at level 50. Squishy, but viable.

Don't let gear gap discourage you, keep at it!

This is a good class to be effective with at fresh 50. However on my PT (nearly full WH, all power moded, 19k+ health). I get crazy high damage per second, 500-upper 600s. Taking a 12min match (extremely average) 450k damage is 625dps. If 300k is your average you are probably in the 300-400dps range. My totals are 300k-800k damage a match and 20k-90k protection (I broke 110k yesterday but that was rare and a loooong match). There is a gear gap. You will live longer and will crush more.

I assume you are very good at being a Van, you will double your production with gear.

So where is the vid or stream?

Finding some bad players who are geared and making a vid of you holding your own while wearing recruit doesn't prove anything. If you were wearing WH yourself against bad players you would just dominate them even more. Which would just prove gear does matter.