Dark Empire Series - Force Blocking Creatures

Trauglodyte

It was a creature, but I don't remember the name of it. I do believe it began with a "Y", though. If I remember correctly, it was like a yellow, sloth & chameleon (minus camouflace ability) -like lizard creature that could be worn or draped about the shoulders. At least, I think I remember reading how Talon Karrde and Admiral Thrawn "wore" them. Edited by TaoAlchemist

It was a creature, but I don't remember the name of it. I do believe it began with a "Y", though. If I remember correctly, it was like a yellow, sloth & chameleon (minus camouflace ability) -like lizard creature that could be worn or draped about the shoulders. At least, I think I remember reading how Talon Karrde and Admiral Thrawn "wore" them.

The ysalimiri had to be kept in special backpacks that could cycle and recycle them nutrients. In the wild they grew into the trees they lived on so removing them from the tree was fatal. The "draped" ysalamiri comes from fanart.

They projected a field around them that cut off connection to the Force for them and all other Force-using creatures like Jedi and Sith. Groups of ysalamiri could bolster and expand each others' fields. This was a form of camouflage to hide them from vornskr and other predators on their home planet, who hunted using Force sensitivity.

And no, we will probably never see ysalimiri in SWTOR because canon wise their home planet and the species itself weren't discovered until the Galactic Empire era. I only say that because near and shortly after release people were asking for them.

Edited by Malles

The ysalimiri had to be kept in special backpacks that could cycle and recycle them nutrients. In the wild they grew into the trees they lived on so removing them from the tree was fatal. The "draped" ysalamiri comes from fanart.

They projected a field around them that cut off connection to the Force for them and all other Force-using creatures like Jedi and Sith. Groups of ysalamiri could bolster and expand each others' fields. This was a form of camouflage to hide them from vornskr and other predators on their home planet, who hunted using Force sensitivity.

And no, we will probably never see ysalimiri in SWTOR because canon wise their home planet and the species itself weren't discovered until the Galactic Empire era. I only say that because near and shortly after release people were asking for them.

Plus another reason we may not see them in SWTOR is because they would or should make the Jedi and Sith useless when around them. :)

Would be funny to have one as a Pet and pull it out in a battle with a Jedi or Sith though. :D

Plus another reason we may not see them in SWTOR is because they would or should make the Jedi and Sith useless when around them. :)

Uh I thought theres plenty of similar creatures around, the inquisitor keeps one as a companion for example..

Theres those big beasts in Dromund Kaas etc etc..

Edited by Karkais